What is Dhoni's contribution to the team?

nballa

Ok, then I don't believe in such a tourney where run of the mill teams like P@kis make it to the top, I'm sorry. And why did we even failed to make it to the semis after that? :hmmm:
Coz we sucked, the team sucked, the captain sucked, we wernt just good enough for those two editions.
Ok, then I don't believe in such a tourney where run of the mill teams like P@kis make it to the top, I'm sorry. And why did we even failed to make it to the semis after that? :hmmm:
Well we made it to the finals of 2003 ODI WC and failed to even cross the first round in 2007. Shyte happens, doesn't make the tourney a :fail: if we suck in it.
We didnt win the WC in 03, for the matter of fact, we hardly won any multi national tournaments under Ganguly and Dravid, we were always that elusive step away. Andy, No remembers you if come second, only the winners are remembered and as an Indian fan the 03 WC Finalist tag, isnt one of my proudest moments. With Dhoni, this team has learnt how to win these tournaments. The wins in Australia after 22 years and the Asia Cup win says all about the teams hunger and will to win under dhoni.
How about bringing a few things like quality of the opponents in to the equation Shane? And heck we're not even debating about his achievements in ODIs! And if you think reaching the finals in one of WCup 03>tontee tontee cup, i rest my case. :icflove:
We didnt win the WC in 03, for the matter of fact, we hardly won any multi national tournaments under Ganguly and Dravid, we were always that elusive step away. Andy, No remembers you if come second, only the winners are remembered and as an Indian fan the 03 WC Finalist tag, isnt one of my proudest moments. With Dhoni, this team has learnt how to win these tournaments. The wins in Australia after 22 years and the Asia Cup win says all about the teams hunger and will to win under dhoni.
Allrite then as i said before he is our Best LOI captain given the stats we have. Now that 20-20 Counts, he has failed most as a Captain for not crossing the Super 8's of two WCs . Dravid has failed once, Sourav have none.
Allrite Then Pak has won 1 WC reached Final of 1' date=' Semifinals of 1 in last 3 years. Lets hail them Got your Logic. They are a Beter team than us , thats your conclusion.[/quote'] Ya they are in t20 cricket ,becoz they have more wicket taklng bowlers than us in that format and for that matter they are better than most oif the teams in that format, having said that they were very lucky to reach semi finals this time :--D
Allrite then as i said before he is our Best LOI captain given the stats we have. Now that 20-20 Counts' date=' he has failed most as a Captain for not crossing the Super 8's of two WCs . Dravid has failed once, Sourav have none.[/quote'] Well, but he has won one though. :winky:
Ya they are in t20 cricket ,becoz they have more wicket taklng bowlers than us in that format and for that matter they are better than most oif the teams in that format, having said that they were very lucky to reach semi finals this time :--D
Just few posts before you said WC is wc doesnt matter what Format you play in. Now how does 20-20 comes into that? Acc to your Logic they are a beter WC team than us?
Coz we sucked' date=' the team sucked, the captain sucked, we wernt just good enough for those two editions.[/quote'] Oh wow, a captain who lead the team to 'glory' sucked so bad all of a sudden? Accept it Shane, it's a hit or miss tourney, doesn't say much about anything. Would you seriously hail pakis as the best as they are the most consistent performers so far? I mean tontee tontee counts right? So Afridi > Sehwag, Umar Gul>Zak, etc :--D
Already said he is our best ODI captain. But has failed much more than previous captains. Had they lead in 3 wcs you never know the results. :--D
Well all of them combined since 1983 have won a big FAT zero number of WCs, so it is pretty easy to extrapolate based on their one chance and other multi-tourney chances. Let's face it, Dhoni boy knows how to win. :giggle: He was pretty cr@ppy in T20s for a while, and even there seems to have gotten a handle with IPL and CL-T20 experience. We'll have to see if he can extend that to international T-20s. Back to the all important 50 over WC, I think this is our best chance to win.
Just few posts before you said WC is wc doesnt matter what Format you play in. Now how does 20-20 comes into that? Acc to your Logic they are a beter WC team than us?
what does this means,if you didnt understand i said world cup is world cup ,I thought you know t20 and 50 overs are different format and I should remind you I also said,if there is something called 5 over ICC worlcd cup,win in that tournament will also be important for me and many other Indians
How about bringing a few things like quality of the opponents in to the equation Shane? And heck we're not even debating about his achievements in ODIs! And if you think reaching the finals in one of WCup 03>tontee tontee cup, i rest my case. :icflove:
If you are now down to quality of opposition means we have shifted the goal posts? changed the objective of the debate? You and me know well Zod, its not really upto him on what opposition he faces, the one we played down under in the tri series was good, with haydos, lee, ponting and co. The innumerable tourneys we played in SL always had their FTB's in Jaya, Lady Jaya, Sanga and bowlers in Mendis (then menacing) and Murali. So the quality of opposition really hasnt gone down We just make them look bad. and about the WC, I dont seem to remember the tournaments we came second in, tbh they are too painful, the ICC tournament in Kenya was it comes to mind where we lost to NZ. See I cant rate these above anything, to me the greatest achievement in Indian Cricket History is winning the 83 WC and nothing has come close to that. I mean winning and not just finishing second best.
Well all of them combined since 1983 have won a big FAT zero number of WCs, so it is pretty easy to extrapolate based on their one chance and other multi-tourney chances. Let's face Dhoni it, boy knows how to win. :giggle: He was pretty cr@ppy in T20s for a while, and even there seems to have gotten a handle with IPL and CL-T20 experience. We'll have to see if he can extend that to international T-20s. Back to the all important 50 over WC, I think this is our best chance to win.
All rite here is my 2 Cents on this. I consider MSD as our best LOI captain. Not beter than past Test captains though yet, he'll have to prove. Like you said about 2011 wc.
what does this means,if you didnt understand i said world cup is world cup ,I thought you know t20 and 50 overs are different format and I should remind you I also said,if there is something called 5 over ICC worlcd cup,win in that tournament will also be important for me and many other Indians
You should read again, i asked you since according to you all 'World Cups' are Same. They have been in the semis of one WC, Final of One, and Won one in last 3 years. So arent they beter in 'World Cups' than us?
Oh wow, a captain who lead the team to 'glory' sucked so bad all of a sudden? Accept it Shane, it's a hit or miss tourney, doesn't say much about anything. Would you seriously hail pakis as the best as they are the most consistent performers so far? I mean tontee tontee counts right? So Afridi > Sehwag, Umar Gul>Zak, etc :--D
All of a sudden? lol didnt you see the losses that followed the WC, we lost almost everything after that in that format, we wernt really prepared. Agreed, its more of a hit and miss tournament compared to ODI's and Tests, but there have been teams (Pakistan) who have managed to hit and miss better than us :D Dont act naive Zod and get mixed up with the formats, in T20's and in the form we have been lately the Pakistanis are better than us.
All rite here is my 2 Cents on this. I consider MSD as our best LOI captain. Not beter than past Test captains though yet' date= he'll have to prove. Like you said about 2011 wc.
Well he has proven already, although he has gotten it a bit easy due to declining quality of other teams. This might not improve for a while given how pathetic teams like Pak, Aus, WI and NZ are currently.
You should read again' date=' i asked you since according to you all 'World Cups' are Same. They have been in the semis of one WC, Final of One, and Won one in last 3 years. So arent they beter in 'World Cups' than us?[/quote'] Yes they are in that format ,i think you should read my post again,i have said world cup win is a world cup whether in any format
Well he has proven already' date=' although he has gotten it a bit easy due to declining quality of other teams. This might not improve for a while given how pathetic teams like Pak, [b']Aus, WI and NZ are currently.
I think aussies are not as bad as we made them look:giggle: