What is Dhoni's contribution to the team?

nballa

If you are now down to quality of opposition means we have shifted the goal posts? changed the objective of the debate? You and me know well Zod, its not really upto him on what opposition he faces, the one we played down under in the tri series was good, with haydos, lee, ponting and co. The innumerable tourneys we played in SL always had their FTB's in Jaya, Lady Jaya, Sanga and bowlers in Mendis (then menacing) and Murali. So the quality of opposition really hasnt gone down We just make them look bad. and about the WC, I dont seem to remember the tournaments we came second in, tbh they are too painful, the ICC tournament in Kenya was it comes to mind where we lost to NZ. See I cant rate these above anything, to me the greatest achievement in Indian Cricket History is winning the 83 WC and nothing has come close to that. I mean winning and not just finishing second best.
You don't have any goal post here Shanie, you are hitting the ball to nowhere, I have already given you that he has done well in ODIs. And you are still not letting it go. FFS shanie. BTW I agree about our tri series win, but Murali is past his prime now and in verge of retirement. We collapsed against mendis while his mystery was still unsolved (in the finals of compaq cup). But still I give you that, Asia cup we won with a relatively weaker squad. We don't have a debate here, why are ya keepin on shooting in the dark?
All of a sudden? lol didnt you see the losses that followed the WC, we lost almost everything after that in that format, we wernt really prepared. Agreed, its more of a hit and miss tournament compared to ODI's and Tests, but there have been teams (Pakistan) who have managed to hit and miss better than us :D Dont act naive Zod and get mixed up with the formats, in T20's and in the form we have been lately the Pakistanis are better than us.
Yeah Pakis are better sloggers, hence they win. Winning a cup for slogging and dart chucking is not an achievement in my books. Anyways that is debatable :--D
You don't have any goal post here Shanie, you are hitting the ball to nowhere, I have already given you that he has done well in ODIs. And you are still not letting it go. FFS shanie. BTW I agree about our tri series win, but Murali is past his prime now and in verge of retirement. We collapsed against mendis while his mystery was still unsolved (in the finals of compaq cup). But still I give you that, Asia cup we won with a relatively weaker squad. We don't have a debate here, why are ya keepin on shooting in the dark?
sometimes you say we drew the series iin sl becoz of weakened sl attack in absence of murali and then you say we won the odi series becoz murali was past his prime,keep going:two_thumbs_up: and also we collapsed against mendis in the asia cup,and to remind you we won the compaq cup:--D
Yeah Pakis are better sloggers' date=' hence they win. Winning a cup for slogging and dart chucking is not an achievement in my books. Anyways that is debatable :--D[/quote'] T20 is not just about slogging, it is also about bowling tight, fielding well and playing with intensity, although obviously for a shorter period. A single game can be considered to be a hit and miss, not a whole tourney.
sometimes you say we drew the series iin sl becoz of weakened sl attack in absence of murali and then you say we won the odi series becoz murali was past his prime,keep going:two_thumbs_up: and also we collapsed against mendis in the asia cup,and to remind you we won the compaq cup:--D
Which was that finals we collapsed against mendu? Wasn't it compaq cup? You know murali is past his prime when sloggers like afridi smoke him for sixes in his backyard. Neways, that's besides the point, we are not even having a debate here. end of.
Well he has proven already' date=' although he has gotten it a bit easy due to declining quality of other teams. This might not improve for a while given how pathetic teams like Pak, Aus, WI and NZ are currently.[/quote'] How has he proved beter than our Previous Test captains? RD had series wins abroad in Eng and WI too. Sourav drew against the best team in their backyard. He is the only captain to have beaten SA In last many years. RD Won us our first win in SA.
Mendis's mystery was in the Asia Cup Final from 08' date=' rest I see you concur with me on most counts, so there isnt really a debate :P[/quote'] Ok, I stand corrrected. There was no debate about Limited overs, I just disagree on your views on tontee tontee though. :--D
T20 is not just about slogging' date=' it is also about bowling tight, fielding well and playing with intensity, although obviously for a shorter period. A single game can be considered to be a hit and miss, not a whole tourney.[/quote'] Yeah a string of hit and miss games together. What's the point? The only tourney where Yusless pathan and Afridi could become superstars. Says a lot about quality of the tourney. :giggle:
How has he proved beter than our Previous Test captains? RD had series wins abroad in Eng and WI too. Sourav drew against the best team in their backyard. He is the only captain to have beaten SA In last many years. RD Won us our first win in SA.
Beat SA in?
Yes they are in that format ' date='i think you should read my post again,i have said world cup win is a world cup whether in any format[/quote'] For me 50 over Format > 20 over. They have done nothing in 50 over format in last 10 years, We were joint winners of Champions Trophy in 2002, WC finalists in 2003. Where as they have only reached semis in 2009 Champions Trophy. For me we are Beter in the WC Or Mini WC 50 over Format.
For me 50 over Format > 20 over. They have done nothing in 50 over format in last 10 years' date=' We were joint winners of Champions Trophy in 2002, WC finalists in 2003. Where as they have only reached semis in 2009 Champions Trophy. For me we are Beter in the WC Or Mini WC 50 over Format.[/quote'] :agree: