Auction vs Draft

yoda

Why dont they deserve it? Do you feel that you deserve what you are paid? or anyone else deserve what they are paid? Tell me why. How do you even say someone deserves it or not. Its simple supply and demand. Its the same reason that that kobe gets 25 million $ when the MVP gets 15 million $ and a noname gets 1 million. I dont know much about NBA salary cap but how can LA lakers have a 90 million payroll while sacremento has just 40 million $. Is that not lop sided? All your downfalls exist in NBA too and i am sure in every sports league, well... maybe not a communist league. I know a Louis vitton bag is not worth 2000$, but does that mean that they should make Louis vitton 500$ and raise a 300$ coach bag to 500$ too, so that all designer bags get the same money? To me either bag is worth 0 but to millions they are worth the price they are willing to pay.
I am not saying they don't deserve to get paid high. I am saying the prices are getting artificially inflated because of the heated bidding war. It is not simply due to supply and demand. It is simply because teams are put in a spot to make up their mind about their bid amt in a very short time without much room for rational thinking. Can you name any other sport where they auction players off in such a manner?

I am not saying they don't deserve to get paid high. I am saying the prices are getting artificially inflated because of the heated bidding war. It is not simply due to supply and demand. It is simply because teams are put in a spot to make up their mind about their bid amt in a very short time without much room for rational thinking. Can you name any other sport where they auction players off in such a manner?
there are none,its just bad business.Sports teams wants to pay a fair price for players and auction does not allow that.

Its simple supply and demand. Its the same reason that that kobe gets 25 million $ when the MVP gets 15 million $ and a noname gets 1 million. I dont know much about NBA salary cap but how can LA lakers have a 90 million payroll while sacremento has just 40 million $. Is that not lop sided? All your downfalls exist in NBA too and i am sure in every sports league, well... maybe not a communist league.
Please dont comment on other league and their flaws if you dont know how they work. NBA every season releases a salary cap which all teams must follow. This season the salary cap was at 60millions, but teams can choose to go over that. BUt there is a catch, the catch you pay luxury tax for going over the limit. Lakers being a rich and succesful franchise with many championships recently can afford to go over and pay that kind of money.

Please dont comment on other league and their flaws if you dont know how they work. NBA every season releases a salary cap which all teams must follow. This season the salary cap was at 60millions, but teams can choose to go over that. BUt there is a catch, the catch you pay luxury tax for going over the limit. Lakers being a rich and succesful franchise with many championships recently can afford to go over and pay that kind of money.
Thats some salary cap. If they had the same "catch" in IPL, MI and RCB would still have a much bigger purse than the others, just like the Lakers do now.

Auction is a short amount of time, like you said is pretty bad. But i think draft will be bad in its own way. I would rather be done with auction and would be happier if the franchises went for the players directly. The only reason that i could think of for BCCI doing this is to stop under the table deals to work around the salary cap.