Sachin 's 241 vs the Aussies

indistani

Re: Sachin 's 241 vs the Aussies commenting is easy, may be pred should explain why this knock was crappy? someone scoring 241 with hardly any drives, when opposition was on a hunt for that particular area (because of his earlier dismissals in the series) and we know how well Aussies can do that, is nothing but masterful. still remember how balls on or even out side off stump were stroked to the area from longon to deep square leg. something only a master can do. :wtg: only 2 of his 33 boundaries were hit in the area from point to long off and only 30 of 241 runs were scored there. http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2003-04/IND_IN_AUS/SCORECARDS/IND_AUS_T4_02-06JAN2004_WAGON.html If you appreciate cricketing skill, this innings was a gem to me.

Re: Sachin 's 241 vs the Aussies

When watched in real time' date=' it was a crappy knock. He has scored at least 10 hundreds that are better than that[/quote'] 241 in oz and you call it a crappy knock :eek: Your hatred for the master comes through very clearly these days
he scored 200 good, but it would have been good if gang would have declared early,, he was like playing with a tortoise run rate to reach 200... and that costed a draw in the final...

Re: Sachin 's 241 vs the Aussies

commenting is easy, may be pred should explain why this knock was crappy? someone scoring 241 with hardly any drives, when opposition was on a hunt for that particular area (because of his earlier dismissals in the series) and we know how well Aussies can do that, is nothing but masterful. still remember how balls on or even out side off stump were stroked to the area from longon to deep square leg. something only a master can do. :wtg: only 2 of his 33 boundaries were hit in the area from point to long off and only 30 of 241 runs were scored there. http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2003-04/IND_IN_AUS/SCORECARDS/IND_AUS_T4_02-06JAN2004_WAGON.html If you appreciate cricketing skill, this innings was a gem to me.
It was a crappy knock when compared to these; - 136 vs PAK '99 - 155 vs AUS '98 - 126 vs AUS '01 - 193 vs ENG '02 - 177 vs AUS '98 - 148 vs AUS '93 - 169 vs SA '96 - 116 vs AUS '99 - 155 vs SA '01 A double hundred in AUS is nice and all - masterful innings it may have been, but i just thought it was dull to watch. He has played far better knocks than that 241 (see above). I'd put tthat innings alongside other boring hundreds he has scored, like the 194 vs PAK at Multan, and those hundreds he scored in that home series vs NZ in '99. But hey, whatever floats your boat...