Rare video footage of past legends

King

This is a start, I will post quite a few in future. To start with am posting the guys from Black & White era. This video will prove to some of our members the old timers were as great to watch as the current ones are. They weren't blessed with the current light bats with an iron like middle which can carry the ball a mile even when it hits the shoulder of the bat or the toe end of the bat. I have one of those 1950s bat and believe me even the grip on the bat was not as flashy as it is now. With the kind of bat they had they still were able to time the ball greatly and that clearly shows the players may have aged but they were top class cricketers as is the current crop. Some may come across as technical unsound and it is possible they got away playing bad cricket or less cricket but a lot of them were top class. You can notice how the older bowlers could have been quicker. The no ball rules those days were very different, the front foot could go over the front line as long as the back foot stayed behind the popping crease. Quite naturally the faster bowlers could generate more speed. Some myths will be busted while some will enlighten, make your choice but surely some of the greats from past era truly were greats.

Re: Rare video footage of past legends Len Hutton was the most impressive for me from the above video, fantastic looking batsman with a lot of flair and grace :wtg: Reminds me of Rahul Dravid :hmph: Similar back and across movement, good use of wrist and had a good cut shot.

Re: Rare video footage of past legends Superb video Ravi. Many many thanks for putting that up. My favorite of them all was Keith Miller. What a classy action ufffff. I had only heard/read of him but it was really nice to watch him bowl. You know something else I noticed? That bowlers like Trueman, Miller, Davidson, Procter were all big burly men. This is something I had also thought about when watching the 1979 World's fastest bowler competition in Australia(perhaps you would have seen it too). Bowlers like Lillee , Thomson, Daniel, Holding, Croft were big men. Completely in contrast to the likes of Sami, Malinga, Fidel Edwards, Sreenath, Brett Lee etc. Pound for pound I would say only Shane Bond, and to an extent Shoaib, looks as beefed up as these guys. xxx