Shakoor Rana v Gatting incident

King

One of the ugliest incidents that created a cricketing rift between England and Pakistan. The finger pointing and yelling at the top of their voices both the player and the umpire brought disrepute to cricket. The relations that soured are still not patched between these two cricketing countries. Couple of decisions by the Paki umpires is way too bad as anyone can see. The one Gatting was given out to was an outrageous decision. The ball pitched outside the off stump and was spinning away. If Gatting did not pad that ball the ball would probably have ended up between keeper and the first slip but the umpire deemed to rule it LBW. I'm sure the umpiring blunders must have sowed the seed for this misbehavior. That said Gatting clearly misbehaved too, he went finger pointing and abusing the umpire.

Re: Shakoor Rana v Gatting incident Now I understand why ICC was forced to create a post of match referee for every official match. Can we imagine such an ugly incident today, even if umpire totally screws the game? The player might get a life-ban if they resort to such reaction! We still get poor decisions from umpires but this kind of behaviour is not seen, thankfully.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Shakoor Rana v Gatting incident How in the world that can be out.. shakur rana was the most biassed umpire that ever was.. that's why I give zero value to any pakistani players achievemtn before neutral umpire era.. how the hell a leg break pitched on off stump showing big turn where u can clearly see middel and eg umpire result into lbw is beyond me

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Shakoor Rana v Gatting incident And when miandad used to come out to bat lbw was shunted out from the list of mode of dismissal :wtg: