Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

@cricket_god what should be right speed for jhnson in your opinion in this video But genuine pace deliveries will alwys be whatever guns show..In my opinion aaron was bowling much quicker in semi final in comparison to what speed guns showed in that match
I Think speeds vary from condition to condition and also due to different speed guns used it is very hard to point out which one to trust,But atleast we have eyes to know who is really quick.Also on espn speed gun zak bowled one ball at 174km/h [ame=
- Fastest Ball in history, Zaheer Khan India.mp4[/ame] and in ind vs england match Firs t3 overs fast bowlers were bowling at 84-89km/h :hysterical::hysterical:
Varun mostly operated in the high 130s to low 140s. The 150+ speed should only be considered as a spike and not the average speed.
did you watch the final match? Those deliveries were not just low 140s even in SF..to me when I see bowlers in the world cup bowling 140s and compare them to his bowling in SF he looks much quicker then low 140s at least mid to high 140s because the carry he was getting and ball flew past batsman indicate that speed guns were right because it was not a spike in speed gun...he was consistently bowling over 145s..his average speed was 143...those kind of deliveries i have only seen from Akhtar, Lee, Tait, Steyn, etc. he was bowling on a slow Indian pitch...look at the keeper was standing about 20-25 yards behind the stumps and still low bounce deliveries were carrying to him...yesterday I saw Kemar Roach's 144 kph delivery didn't carry to the keeper and keeper was not standing as far behind as in that match..... His one delivery was shown at 134 which must be 144 with how it went from the hand and off the pitch...134 kph doesn't hurry batsmen now a days who are used to practice with bowling machines and batsmen was in a lot of trouble on the delivery... Lets see how he goes in Deodhar trophy if I get time I will watch it and also in IPL4..it will be pretty much anticipated...
Varun mostly operated in the high 130s to low 140s. The 150+ speed should only be considered as a spike and not the average speed.
Mid 140's to be exact ' date='his average speed in that game was 144.4 km/h[/quote'] shoib akhtar's average speed is not greater than 141-142kph either Only pacer to average 146kph+ speed over a spell is Tait as far as I have seen..:dontknow:
shoib akhtar's average speed is not greater than 141-142kph either Only pacer to average 146kph+ speed over a spell is Tait as far as I have seen..:dontknow:
guys lets not make a JUDGEMENT that he is express. I'm certain HE is a BIG POTENTIAL. Let him play a few more tournaments which are telecasted, and we can get an Average speed he bowls in different conditions , different pitches etc. We'll get an idea, but as of now he is SHARP.
did you watch the final match? Those deliveries were not just low 140s even in SF..to me when I see bowlers in the world cup bowling 140s and compare them to his bowling in SF he looks much quicker then low 140s at least mid to high 140s because the carry he was getting and ball flew past batsman indicate that speed guns were right because it was not a spike in speed gun...he was consistently bowling over 145s..his average speed was 143...those kind of deliveries i have only seen from Akhtar, Lee, Tait, Steyn, etc. he was bowling on a slow Indian pitch...look at the keeper was standing about 20-25 yards behind the stumps and still low bounce deliveries were carrying to him...yesterday I saw Kemar Roach's 144 kph delivery didn't carry to the keeper and keeper was not standing as far behind as in that match..... His one delivery was shown at 134 which must be 144 with how it went from the hand and off the pitch...134 kph doesn't hurry batsmen now a days who are used to practice with bowling machines and batsmen was in a lot of trouble on the delivery... Lets see how he goes in Deodhar trophy if I get time I will watch it and also in IPL4..it will be pretty much anticipated...
i want to mention that if we are comparing him to international bowlers,it would be unfair, the quality of batsman the internationals bowl against, they cannot bowl outright fast, keeping control in mind, where as Varun Aaron had the flexibility to show case his skills to lesser batsman who have not seen much of him and hence are unlikely not going to give him any charge. It makes the bowlers job easier, ive seen in so many instances a bowler starts bowling fast, but when runs flow against him, the speed slows down and control comes in. So lets see how he bowls in the other tournaments and hopefully he keeps the same intensity throughout the tournaments.
i want to mention that if we are comparing him to international bowlers' date='it would be unfair, the quality of batsman the internationals bowl against, they cannot bowl outright fast, keeping control in mind, where as Varun Aaron had the flexibility to show case his skills to lesser batsman who have not seen much of him and hence are unlikely not going to give him any charge. It makes the bowlers job easier, ive seen in so many instances a bowler starts bowling fast, but when runs flow against him, the speed slows down and control comes in. So lets see how he bowls in the other tournaments and hopefully he keeps the same intensity throughout the tournaments.[/quote'] yeah that is a fact but i just compared to indicate that he is certainly a consistent 145 kph bowler...As Bengal Coach WV Raman said he has seen him bowling faster than this...
yeah that is a fact but i just compared to give the indicate that he is certainly a consistent 145 kph bowler...As Bengal Coach WV Raman said he has seen him bowling faster than this...
thats really encouraging if he really can bowl faster. would love to see him cross 150 on number of occasions and not just one off. hopefully he can deliver
shoib akhtar's average speed is not greater than 141-142kph either Only pacer to average 146kph+ speed over a spell is Tait as far as I have seen..:dontknow:
Akhtar and Lee both used to bowl 145ish consistently when they were younger...Tait is younger right in comparison to both those..so comparison is unfair here...Remember 2003 WC both were hostile specially Brett Lee who had better control on his bowling
thats really encouraging if he really can bowl faster. would love to see him cross 150 on number of occasions and not just one off. hopefully he can deliver
and Remember he is just 21 year old..he will get much faster because his pace is natural as he is not a rhythm bowler Like Ishant and Sreeshanth who clock fast only when they are in good rhythm like Ishant did in Australia that pace was not because he is genuine that was coming with his rhythm and confidence..because before that in Pak test in Bangalore he was rarely going over even 135KPH
Akhtar and Lee both used to bowl 145ish consistently when they were younger...Tait is younger right in comparison to both those..so comparison is unfair here...Remember 2003 WC both were hostile specially Brett Lee who had better control on his bowling
Yes, you are right. But my point was that shoib akhtar is still considered express fast and he doesnt bowl faster than 141-142kph on average
and Remember he is just 21 year old..he will get much faster because his pace is natural as he is not a rhythm bowler Like Ishant and Sreeshanth who clock fast only when they are in good rhythm like Ishant did in Australia that pace was not because he is genuine that was coming with his rhythm and confidence..because before that in Pak test in Bangalore he was rarely going over even 135KPH
thats if he can avoid any further stress fractures...

i noticed in the videos .. he is bowling really short to the batsman. never tried any yorkers, like malinga or roach.. its an awesome weapon in a quick bowlers artillery. hope he practices that before he is drafted in the bigger teams.. the sooner the better

What I think is domestic standards may not be the best criteria to test..his first big test will be in IPL when he bowls against International batsman...that will tell how good and quick he is... and doesn't he look to have a few extra pounds in his body?

What I think is domestic standards may not be the best criteria to test..his first big test will be in IPL when he bowls against International batsman...that will tell how good and quick he is... and doesn't he look to have a few extra pounds in his body?
absolutely.. IPL is a Test for him, looks like shane watson from waist below.

also if somehow we have 5-10 bowlers in Domestic scene bowling at around this speed. It will tremendously help our domestic batsman to play short and fast bowling well. which will impact the overseas performance tremendously. then playing the likes of stuart broad, roach, tait would not be a problem for our BATTERS... it'll be a huge PLUS. Hope the young bowling generation of india bring out the best batsman too. counting on umesh, aaron, shukla,nechim, "baltej" , dharma , tyagi and hopefully a few more in the u19 scene.