India without Kumble

The moment Kumble retires, i can see the Indian test team spiralling down the ICC Test rankings. He is the one who can target a particular batsman and be counted on dismiss him, he is the one who cleans up the tail when the rest of the hapless bowlers run out of steam, he is India's "go to" man no matter what the situation is. I am not going to bother with dishing out the superlatives as everyone is aware of how good he is but have you for a moment thought what India's test side will be like once he is gone ? The signs are already clear - reducing Banglastan to 116/6 and allowing them to recover to 238. All the more reason to give Chawla as many matches as impossible. He won't fill in Kumble's boots, but he does give India's toothless bowling attack a much needed "X-Factor" to stifle the opposition. Play the kid in Tests like these instead of wasting him in ODI's.
Can Mr Kumble dismiss the Aussie tail tomorrow in Delhi and give us victory? Can he target Shane Watson and get him out in the first hour's play on the 4th day? He can do that, is that what you are saying?

It is such an emotional day for day! I suppose Mishra has to go a long way before we can even expect from him the things which Kumble used to do regularly. We saw in this match how he was unable to utilize the conditions to the full and get batsmen out through his sheer art and competiveness. He was below par with no aggression and purpose in his bowling. A struggling and injured Kumble showed more purpose this guy could. It'll take a while for Mishra to understand that there is a huge gulf in FC standard and test standard where a bowler needs to be on the button day in day out. I hope we show patience.

Guest HariSampath

Anil has been a fabulous act for India, and a true champion. But one thing that all his well wishers and fans too agree upon : It was the perfect time to go. We have seen him at his best, and as he is getting fitness issues and also form issues, we all wanted him to go with dignity, not being dropped. He has done just that, he has gone at a time when fans are able to celebrate his career. Wish others too take cue from this gesture from Anil

it is definately a great loss, not only to indian cricket, but world cricket his fighting spirit, will surely be miseed, if somehow his bowling isn't he has bowled with a broken jaw, with 11 stitches on a finger, feilded with the injured hand without a single thought against it, taking exceptional catches when even laxman has failed to grab one what more can one say???????