Bangladesh doesn't seem religious

King

Lamest excuse i've ever heard. It matters not whether in 1947 Bangladesh was set to join India or Pakistan or become independent. What matters is that muslim bangladeshis killed nearly a million hindu bengalis in religious riots while hardly any muslim bengalis were killed by hindu bengalis in the west bengal side. Responsibility of that lies with Bangladeshi muslims, regardless of which political entitity they were a part of before. Its like saying the recent nandigraam violence in West Bengal is not a WB problem because WB is a part of India. :S
You are getting off the topic here. The thread was meant to be an analysis of the current Bangladesh and it's religious views and tolerance. Now it's going to be the same Hindu-Muslim debate which will be never ending. I don't want to participate in this type of debate as it can only encourage more hatred among ourselves, especially when we all share a dirty past of violence governed by religious belief. What I can say is all about current Bangladesh, I am born in current Bangladesh brought up in the society. I know the tone of my society and the policy of our government. I do see the harmony among the religions with some extreme people from every religion trying to disturb that. Thankfully, they are minority in Bangladesh and majority Bangladeshis (red Bangladeshi regardless of religion) loves to see them as Bangladeshi. They celebrate Eid together, they celebrate the Puja's together and they also celebrate common festivals like Nababarsha, Bashonto baran, Nabanna and countless village fairs together sharing the same feeling. Evils live in every society, they try to stir up religious hatred as that's the most easy way to create a mob. Fortunately enough, over the last 20-25 years they failed to create such mob and there was no riot in Bangladesh where one citizen will be searching another one for killing. Unfortunately over the same period numerous one happened in both India and Pakistan, I hope you people who represent the educated and knowledgeable bunch of the society will come forward to stop these crime against humanity. It happened in India and Pakistan, but not in Bangladesh, it does not make Bangladesh a better country.. You can at best say the society is a bit more tolerant, and middle class dominates the Bangladeshi society who are not at all keen to mix religion with the behavior with their neighbors. Having said that, there are people in Bangladesh (regardless of religion) who decide social relationship, friendship based on their religious belief, not all of them are bad as people have every right to live with their belief unless they do harm to another person due to their belief. I know you can bring out instances where a hindu family was oppressed due to their religious belief, but trust me, it's getting only better and the village touts, who are mainly responsible for this are getting punished. Thanks.
I don't fear Islam- but i do know it quite well.
dada.... u are more likely to believe that you know everything rather than have the ability to judge them from a neutral point of view... it seems like you believe something and then read here and there, and try to justify your own beliefs. its actually a good experinece for me to explore this site as i had no idea before that indians had so much issue with islam or bangladesh. now i understand how muslims there feel. i feel sorry for them. if any outsider goes through the posts here, will find that how much religion occupies your thoughts. some in form of liking or some in form of hatred. though we (BD ppl) claim ourselves religous nation, we dont talk about islam or others that much and for sure we dont have such a huge issue against any religion (for the time being i am comparing between ppl surfing the massage board as we all represents elite of our society, from where you can extrapolate for the rest of the popolation).
Afterall, nearly 3 million hindus fled Bangladesh during partition due to persecution, while 700,000 Muslims fled indian side of Bengal in violence.
Isn't it natural for more Hindus to cross borders from Pakistan to India ie. from a place where they will be a minority in a religious state to a place where they will be in majority in a secular state compared with Muslims crossing from India to Pakistan ie. from a place where they will be a minority in a secular state to a place where they will be majority in a religious state?
This is classic stuff. when islam gets criticised they then turn round and accuse people of islamaphobia. Let me ask you a question, do you see islam religion as being perfect?
boss no i dont think islam is aperfect religion neither i do think hinduism or christainity is far more perfect religion. to suggest that the islam is the common factor in all the evils being committed or to blame one religion utter and pure nonsense... but to suggest that hinduism is a better religion than islam as is being suggested by couple of posters here is nonsense as well. Hinduism as flawed as other religion at present. the riots in recent history which had taken place in india the bombay riots as well as the godhra riots.both hinduism as well as islam had equal role to play in it and not just only islam.... and by the way I am a hindu and by noways am i defending any religion ( whether it be Islam or Hinduism) but I am accusing you of being islamophobic because it seems from your post that you have a very blinkered view of a particular religion or you are being ignorant about it.
now i understand how muslims there feel. i
yup muslims are the most oppressed lots in india even more than the dalits.. yup.. but dunno why.. even they feel if they r being so oppressed whydont they get the hell out of this god forsaken country to the neighbouring country say bangladesh or pakistan....hmmmm ..now there is a thought?
I wonder what Suma25 will say when he sees my posts on the General Discussions forum :afraid:
Well he thinks i am a fundie hindu/islam hater. You will give him heart-failure if i am an islam hater/fundie hindu by his standards. :whatchutalkingabout
I wonder what Suma25 will say when he sees my posts on the General Discussions forum :afraid:
:hysterical:
yup muslims are the most oppressed lots in india even more than the dalits.. yup.. but dunno why.. even they feel if they r being so oppressed whydont they get the hell out of this god forsaken country to the neighbouring country say bangladesh or pakistan....hmmmm ..now there is a thought?
oye bheembhai this post was supposed to be sarccastic one in response to tsumon '77 post...sorry really bad try at sarcasm....:thumbs_down:
Well he thinks i am a fundie hindu/islam hater. You will give him heart-failure if i am an islam hater/fundie hindu by his standards.
nope dude i never did imply that... my reason for calling u islamaphobic is people blaming religion rather than people who carry out such atrocities in name of religion.

ts not about hindus v islam. islam is at war or fighting with every religion in the world. Why is that? Why are muslims despised by virtually the whole world? The rest of the world do not fight each other like they do muslim. Even in the west muslims living there are at war with other members of the sociey they live in. You dont see sikhs, hindus, buddhists, jews, christians etc fighting people within the west. Only muslims cause the aggro! Only they are the ones at war with evryone!

You talk as though we are discussing a cute cudly teddy bear ... As such you quietly hit the exit button when facts are brought out as to why your religion gets soo much flak ...
i dont quit bheem babu... just sometimes its not worthy to carry on a debate which goes nowhere....
Guest dada_rocks

In order to counter your claim that its hindus who are ****-stirrers/equally to blame. In India, 99.99% riots are between hindus and muslims. Who is the aggressive party in most cases ? how to tell ? Answer is simple - look around the world. Find out who the aggressive party is in most cases and probability law dictates that it will hold in this case too. Hindus are all over the world but its ONLY in India where hindus are involved with religious rioting. Why ? because ONLY in India do hindus in huge numbers come across muslims in huge numbers. Hindus in huge numbers dont fight in South Africa, Britain, US , UK, Canada, Australia, etc. But Muslims in huge numbers do cause problems in places like Thailand, UK, Australia, etc. The extrapolation is simple. *********************** Precisely.......... See in this regard I have problme with general rank and file of west bengal . After all the above-mentioned experiences; people from acorss the border are crossing into India everyday. So much so that demography has gone upside down in certain areas of west bengal. Further, ruling class leaders like vardhan claim, "since indians go on H1B visa to usa hence bangaldeshis too should be allowed to cross the border illegally. He further chimed since these illegal bangaldeshis vote for communist that's why BJP is complaining otherwise there is no problem." Despite all this people of west bengal keep electing communists again and again thereby being party to the devilish communist regime Wake up guys wake up, otherwise it will be too late to salvage anything.

Guest dada_rocks
nope dude i never did imply that... my reason for calling u islamaphobic is people blaming religion rather than people who carry out such atrocities in name of religion.
Well when all around the world followers of certain religion behave in violent way then obvious correlation can't be evaded sir.

BD poster sums up the attitude and mentality of most muzzis around the world. What is worrying is that educated and non jihadi type think like this. Guy says blame the followers who commit such acts and not the religion :hysterical: Do these people really read their own religious text?