Manchester United Officially Number 1 Club - UEFA Rankings

Andy

Who talks about Last decade? Its the Last 5 years that BPL Has transformed immensely and has left other leagues behind. And again I say, La Liga or some other League having the Best team in the World Doesnt make the League any better. Its the standard of the the other teams.
In the Last 5 years Seria A - 2 LaLiga - 2 EPL - 1
The reason is pretty clear, Barca have been eveer dominant in CL in last few years with Man United. But look at other teams from La Liga, no one makes it to the qurters. Where as the story of BPL Looks completely different. How many Teams from La Liga have played the CL Final in last 5-6 years? 4 BPL Teams have played.
United dominant in Last few years ? They won 1 CL and made 1 finl. If this is domination then what the hell will u call Liverpool team of late 70's Milan of 90's or Real of 50's ? There is a difference between having a couple of good years and dominating Europe you know?

Is it just this season? Cant be the previous ones as Real Never made it to the quarters then. So La Liga being competitive even last year would be wrong.
Because in last 2 years Barca has produced their best squad ever and Real have bought in Ronaldo Alonso Ozil Kaka Di Maria and whole host of others. Its not just teams in Laliga no one can consistently compete in a league of 38 matches with these SQUADS . Do U realize few years back La Liga was far more competitive with Valencia winning couple of titles in mid 2000s and Villereal finishing 2nd ahead of Barca couple of years back.

In the Last 5 years Seria A - 2 LaLiga - 2 EPL - 1
You need to Read my post again, You have completely Twisted My statement.
United dominant in Last few years ? They won 1 CL and made 1 finl. If this is domination then what the hell will u call Liverpool team of late 70's Milan of 90's or Real of 50's ?
Not getting there, In last 5 season Including this, United Have Made Semis of 2006-07, CL Winner in 2007-08, CL Final in 2008-09, Quarters in 2009-10, Expected to Reach the Final This year too[if all goes well] Now look at what Barca have done in last 5 years 2006-07 dont remember them making the Quarters, they were knocked off by Liverpool before. 2007-08 They made the Semis, 2008-09 They won it, 2009-10 They were in the semis, 2010-11 they will Make it to the Finals or May Not. Now compare this data and see Man united have an Edge, Even if Not it wont be wrong if one Says Man United and Barca have dominated Europe in last 5 years. You cannot compare Football that is played this days with the 70's or even in the 90's.
There is a difference between having a couple of good years and dominating Europe you know?
Fair Enough so You admit United have Couple of Good years than Others? Show me One better Performer than United at Europe.

Because in last 2 years Barca has produced their best squad ever and Real have bought in Ronaldo Alonso Ozil Kaka Di Maria and whole host of others. Its not just teams in Laliga no one can consistently compete in a league of 38 matches with these SQUADS .
If Barca have produced their Best squad in last two years, why they Missed out on Europe last Year? And what about Real what happened to them Last year? They had Ronaldo and all the Players you need to atleast reach the Quarters. Even Teams Like Bayern Made it to the semis.
Do U realize few years back La Liga was far more competitive with Valencia winning couple of titles in mid 2000s and Villereal finishing 2nd ahead of Barca couple of years back.
Yes i know pretty well, even Serie A Teams were better than BPL teams those days.

You need to Read my post again, You have completely Twisted My statement. Not getting there, In last 5 season Including this, United Have Made Semis of 2006-07, CL Winner in 2007-08, CL Final in 2008-09, Quarters in 2009-10, Expected to Reach the Final This year too[if all goes well] Now look at what Barca have done in last 5 years 2006-07 dont remember them making the Quarters, they were knocked off by Liverpool before. 2007-08 They made the Semis, 2008-09 They won it, 2009-10 They were in the semis, 2010-11 they will Make it to the Finals or May Not. Now compare this data and see Man united have an Edge, Even if Not it wont be wrong if one Says Man United and Barca have dominated Europe in last 5 years. You cannot compare Football that is played this days with the 70's or even in the 90's. Fair Enough so You admit United have Couple of Good years than Others? Show me One better Performer than United at Europe.
Barca: 2006 won it 2007 Made Quaters (knocked out by Liverpool ) 2008 Made Semis (knocked out by United ) 2009 Won It 2010 Made Semis (knocked out by Inter ) So in Last 5 years: won it - Twice Semis - Twice Quater - Once Do u really think United was better than Barca in the last 5 years ? But this doesnt Barca dominated CL either . Domination is a phrase reserved for teams like Liverpool team of late 70's Milan of 90's or Real of 50's ?

Now this is an interesting dicussion - I would go ------Casillas Sagna Vidic Puyol Cole ---Iniesta Xavi Ronaldo Ozil Messi ------Tevez
Alves ahead of Sagna . Personally i would take Mario Gomez Di Natale or Ibrahimovic ahead of Tevez but i agree its matter of personal choice . Also I would choose Thiago Silva ahead of Puyol My team would be: Neuer Alves Vidic Silva *Marcelo Xavi Sahin Iniesta Ronaldo *Gomez Messi * Players i prefer even though not sure many will agree

Barca: 2006 won it 2007 Made Quaters (knocked out by Liverpool ) 2008 Made Semis (knocked out by United ) 2009 Won It 2010 Made Semis (knocked out by Inter ) So in Last 5 years: won it - Twice Semis - Twice Quater - Once Do u really think United was better than Barca in the last 5 years ? But this doesnt Barca dominated CL either . Domination is a phrase reserved for teams like Liverpool team of late 70's Milan of 90's or Real of 50's ?
You are wrong if you Include 2005-2006 season. Thats not Part of the Topic or the Debate. You should go through the UEFA Rankings and find out on the basis of which Years United have been Ranked Number 1. It was from 2006-2007 season. I have already presented my comparison and who looks better. And coming to domination I admit I was wrong with the Term, If we are to Put in a manner, In last 5 years United > Barca at Europe.

You are wrong if you Include 2005-2006 season. Thats not Part of the Topic or the Debate. You should go through the UEFA Rankings and find out on the basis of which Years United have been Ranked Number 1. It was from 2006-2007 season. I have already presented my comparison and who looks better. And coming to domination I admit I was wrong with the Term, If we are to Put in a manner, In last 5 years United > Barca at Europe.
Far starters i wasnt debating about UEFA rankings because the only purpose they serve is seedings for group stage draw I included 2006 because u mentioned last 5 years .Why would i include ongoing season in last 5 years? Performance of last 5 years means last 5 CL seasons not the current one . So for consistency in Europe Last 5 year Barca > United Last 4 Years United > Barca But at the end of the day both teams have been consistent in Europe but one has even remotely come close to Dominate it

Far starters i wasnt debating about UEFA rankings because the only purpose they serve is seedings for group stage draw
Ranking are just not for Seedings for the Group Stage Draws, But also to determine How many Clubs from a Particular League would be Participating in CL. For example 2-3 Years back Seri A was no 3, Now they are Number 4, as a Result only 2-3 Teams are part of CL. Where as Bundesliga being 3 has 3-4 teams playing CL. So Rankings are not just important for seedings of the group stage draws.
I included 2006 because u mentioned last 5 years .Why would i include ongoing season in last 5 years? Performance of last 5 years means last 5 CL seasons not the current one . So for consistency in Europe Last 5 year Barca > United Last 4 Years United > Barca But at the end of the day both teams have been consistent in Europe but one has even remotely come close to Dominate it
Simply because its UEFA's standard, and Acc. to UEFA Current Year is Inclusive in last 5 years. So By that Standard Man United > Barca. Consistency in Europe in Last 5 years Man United > Barca Last 4 Years Barca = Man United.

Ranking are just not for Seedings for the Group Stage Draws, But also to determine How many Clubs from a Particular League would be Participating in CL. For example 2-3 Years back Seri A was no 3, Now they are Number 4, as a Result only 2-3 Teams are part of CL. Where as Bundesliga being 3 has 3-4 teams playing CL. So Rankings are not just important for seedings of the group stage draws. Simply because its UEFA's standard, and Acc. to UEFA Current Year is Inclusive in last 5 years. So By that Standard Man United > Barca. Consistency in Europe in Last 5 years Man United > Barca Last 4 Years Barca = Man United.
UEFA points are meaningless in determining who has performed consistently because they include all wins and losses not just how far a club reaches . For examples Barca after qualifying from their group they rest their key players from remaining group games and hence lose those meaningless games it will still affect their UEFA points . Technically a team reaches quater final( Say Spurs ) can achieve more points than a Barca team than reaches semi final . Does this means Spurs has performed better than Barca that reached semis? No Thats why no one cares about UEFA rankings unless u want to prove u r the best clutching at straws

UEFA points are meaningless in determining who has performed consistently because they include all wins and losses not just how far a club reaches .
May be You should be Complaining to UEFA as that is the most Authenticated Ranking System of the highest Level and CL Teams are decided on that, So we cannot Ignore we'll have to go with it.
For examples Barca after qualifying from their group they rest their key players from remaining group games and hence lose those meaningless games it will still affect their UEFA points . Technically a team reaches quater final( Say Spurs ) can achieve more points than a Barca team than reaches semi final . Does this means Spurs has performed better than Barca that reached semis? No Thats why no one cares about UEFA rankings unless u want to prove u r the best clutching at straws
Good Point, Please Forward this Part to UEFA and ask them to change their Ranking System. BTW If you are a Good team you should be able to beat the weaker Teams, and we are Talking about the World's Best Barca. So if they rest some players, Its their Headache. After having such a Good Bench there is No excuse why You cant Make it. Some of Those players can easily make it to other Team's 1st team. Now the Topic is about UEFA Co efficient and Rankings. Your Point of Barca and Real being the best two teams Currently is Not wrong, But Real Madrid's one is debatable as they have not won much in last Few Years. La Liga may be more Technical than BPL. But BPL's teams are more Competitive , particularly the Top ones compared to La Liga teams. Thats why the League is More competitive. Last 5 Years [Read acc. To UEFA] Man United > Barca. If Man United crashes out of Europe tonight, Barca would be > Man United.

May be You should be Complaining to UEFA as that is the most Authenticated Ranking System of the highest Level and CL Teams are decided on that, So we cannot Ignore we'll have to go with it. Good Point, Please Forward this Part to UEFA and ask them to change their Ranking System. BTW If you are a Good team you should be able to beat the weaker Teams, and we are Talking about the World's Best Barca. So if they rest some players, Its their Headache. After having such a Good Bench there is No excuse why You cant Make it. Some of Those players can easily make it to other Team's 1st team. Now the Topic is about UEFA Co efficient and Rankings. Your Point of Barca and Real being the best two teams Currently is Not wrong, But Real Madrid's one is debatable as they have not won much in last Few Years. La Liga may be more Technical than BPL. But BPL's teams are more Competitive , particularly the Top ones compared to La Liga teams. Thats why the League is More competitive. Last 5 Years [Read acc. To UEFA] Man United > Barca. If Man United crashes out of Europe tonight, Barca would be > Man United.
You seem fail to grasp the fact that Real and Barca have improved vastly in last 2 years whereas United and Chelsea have got worse . Two years ago United had one of their best squads in history whereas they now have one of their worst squad since PL inception . The reverse is true for Real and they also have the best manager in football in Mourinho

You seem fail to grasp the fact that Real and Barca have improved vastly in last 2 years whereas United and Chelsea have got worse .
Where have I denied Barca hasnt improved in last two years? They have won the CL 2 years back so yes they have improved. As far as Real is Concerned, yes they have improved on Paper, But not on performance. This is the first time they have made it to the quarters in Many years. As Far as Man United is concerned, In last two years they have been better than Real in terms of Performance,no doubt about that. So your assumption of Real being better is nothing more than all Talk and No performance stuff. As far as Chelsea is concerned, It would be hard to say they have detoriated , and Real have improved as there has not been performance on Real's side to back up, except this year.
Two years ago United had one of their best squads in history whereas they now have one of their worst squad since PL inception . The reverse is true for Real and they also have the best manager in football in Mourinho
Still they would make it to the Final if all goes well and someone from Barca or Madrid wont. So come back when you have performance to show up. Talking much wont do. Having the best players in the world doesnt necessarily make you the best team. It helps only in Fantasy Football.

Where have I denied Barca hasnt improved in last two years? They have won the CL 2 years back so yes they have improved. As far as Real is Concerned' date=' yes they have improved on Paper, But not on performance. [b']This is the first time they have made it to the quarters in Many years. As Far as Man United is concerned, In last two years they have been better than Real in terms of Performance,no doubt about that. So your assumption of Real being better is nothing more than all Talk and No performance stuff.
Similarly i am not talking about the Real of yester years . Iam talking about the Real of this year which has been managed by the best manager in Europe . After having watched both Real and United this season only biased united fans will say United have performed better than Real . All neutrals will agree Real has performed better than United this season.
As far as Chelsea is concerned, It would be hard to say they have detoriated , and Real have improved as there has not been performance on Real's side to back up, except this year. Still they would make it to the Final if all goes well and someone from Barca or Madrid wont. So come back when you have performance to show up. Talking much wont do. Having the best players in the world doesnt necessarily make you the best team. It helps only in Fantasy Football.
Are u for real? That is because of the luck of the draw . Last year Barca were eliminated in semis and Bayern made finals. So Bayern were better than Barca ? Similarly Arsenal were Eliminad in 2nd round whereas Spurs made QF . Does this mean Spurs were better than Arsenal ? More often than not the best 2 teams dont make the final because of the luck of the draw. Maybe once u took off ur rose tinted United glasses u will realize this.

Similarly i am not talking about the Real of yester years . Iam talking about the Real of this year which has been managed by the best manager in Europe .
So one year into the Semis [Most Likely] and Suddenly they are Better than some of the Consistent performers? It can be Fluke too, Real always had much better squad at Disposal than Man United. Even the team that won the CL in 2008. So it wont be a surprise if they fail again Next year. Hold Your Horses before you Pass on your Opinion. One season doesnt make a team bad or worse. And Real havent managed to win La Liga too, what have they won to show up? Dont come back saying Barca are the best team in the world and they are so much better than real that Real with Galacticos cant beat them.Man United would be the League winners, Will Make it to the Final of Europe [Most likely] Man United > Real Madrid any day of the year as of Now.
After having watched both Real and United this season only biased united fans will say United have performed better than Real . All neutrals will agree Real has performed better than United this season.
United are always scratchy, But they manage to get 3 points somehow. Thats why we are Man United. Real with that Team cannot beat all the teams of La Liga, so calling them better than Man United is actually being Biased, and it comes from someone who has allergy Towards Man United. If Real had performed better than Man United, they should have won the La Liga and also the CL, Given the squad they have. Equally good as Barca if not Better.
Are u for real? That is because of the luck of the draw . Last year Barca were eliminated in semis and Bayern made finals. So Bayern were better than Barca ? Similarly Arsenal were Eliminad in 2nd round whereas Spurs made QF . Does this mean Spurs were better than Arsenal ? More often than not the best 2 teams dont make the final because of the luck of the draw.
Didnt Liverpool made it to the Finals of 2006-07 and Man United were eliminated by Milan? Then people were Liverpool > Man United at Europe. Its the performance that matters as i Said. Not how many great players you have if you cant make it count. Just like Dhoni > Sourav Ganguly :winky:
Maybe once u took off ur rose tinted glasses u will realize this.
May be it has Hurt some RAW nerve there. :laugh: I haver performance to back my Points, do not Live in delusion on the basis of Assumptions as you. :hahaha:

So one year into the Semis [Most Likely] and Suddenly they are Better than some of the Consistent performers? It can be Fluke too, Real always had much better squad at Disposal than Man United. Even the team that won the CL in 2008. So it wont be a surprise if they fail again Next year. Hold Your Horses before you Pass on your Opinion. One season doesnt make a team bad or worse. And Real havent managed to win La Liga too, what have they won to show up? Dont come back saying Barca are the best team in the world and they are so much better than real that Real with Galacticos cant beat them.Man United would be the League winners, Will Make it to the Final of Europe [Most likely] Man United > Real Madrid any day of the year as of Now. United are always scratchy, But they manage to get 3 points somehow. Thats why we are Man United. Real with that Team cannot beat all the teams of La Liga, so calling them better than Man United is actually being Biased, and it comes from someone who has allergy Towards Man United. If Real had performed better than Man United, they should have won the La Liga and also the CL, Given the squad they have. Equally good as Barca if not Better.
If u genuinely think Real team and Squad are as good as Barca u no nothing about either Real Barca or La LIga . Real arent in the position to win La Liga because Barca are the best team in the world . As i said most neutrals will accept that Real are the 2nd best performing team in Europe this season United are winning the League this season because of SAF and the overall quality in PL going down . United team of 2008 or Liverpool team of 2008 would have won this league ages ago . Two years ago Ronaldo Alonso Mascherano Vidic Ferdinand Terry Lampard Fabregas Evra Drogba Gerrard Torres Essien Cole and a whole host of others would have made a case to be in world XI from PL . But now only Fabregas Vidic Nani Evra would be considered for a world XI. Just shows the difference in decline in quality in PL in 2 years Just because one is not deluded to think United are the best in Europe doesnt mean he has an allergy towards United .
Didnt Liverpool made it to the Finals of 2006-07 and Man United were eliminated by Milan? Then people were Liverpool > Man United at Europe. Its the performance that matters as i Said. Not how many great players you have if you cant make it count. Just like Dhoni > Sourav Ganguly :winky:
Its winning the CL that matters. If u finish 2nd or semi doesnt make u the second best team in Europe . As i asked are u saying Bayern were a better team than Bacrca last year ? Are Spurs better than Arsenal this year?
May be it has Hurt some RAW nerve there. :laugh: I haver performance to back my Points, do not Live in delusion on the basis of Assumptions as you. :hahaha:
Yep everyone who doesnt think United are the best in Europe is either allergic towards United or in delusion . As I said as long as u dont take off ur United rose tinted glasses u wont realize this.So i dont think its worth debating this topic .

If u genuinely think Real team and Squad are as good as Barca u no nothing about either Real Barca or La LIga . Real arent in the position to win La Liga because Barca are the best team in the world . As i said most neutrals will accept that Real are the 2nd best performing team in Europe this season
The Players Real have and Given the Best Manager [As they say] They are collectively Equal to Barca, if Not better. For that one doesnt need to watch the League. How is Europe 2nd best performing team in Europe This season? May be in your Dreams.
United are always scratchy ? They are awful away from home this season for a championship winning team . United team of 2008 or Liverpool team of 2008 would have won this league ages ago . Just because one is not deluded to think United are the best in Europe doesnt mean he doesnt have allergy towards United .
Who Said United are the best Currently? Any Sane person wont put Real , a Non performing Team full of Superstars ahead of United, who are performing well for Last 5 years and consistently at Europe. Yes You surely have something against them, By Your Logic if Virat Kohli scores more than Tendulkar in One Calender Year , Virat becomes the best, Isnt it? Here the case is completely different, Real havent won anything , let alone be better than United. They and their Fans[Read Yourself] Are all Talks No Performance. May be you get back claiming you are Not a Fan, still Backing a Team like Real over United make you Biased if not a Fan.
Its winning the CL that matters. If u finish 2nd or semi doesnt make u the second best team in Europe . As i asked are u saying Bayern were a better team than Bacrca last year ? Are Spurs better than Arsenal this year?
Well Barca has had La Liga Title last season so no one would actually Call them lower to Munich, What has Real got? Nothing absolutely. Comparing Arsenal to Spurs on the basis of CL Performance only is Criminal because Arsenal and Suprs do not compete only at Europe But also on BPL. Where Arsenal are ahead of them.
Yep everyone who doesnt think United arent the best in Europe is either allergic towards United or in delusion .
Or May be who doesnt think Real Madrid [A non performing Side over the years] are better, Than Man United have to get Rid of their Tinted Glass.:winky:
As I said as long as u dont take off ur United rose tinted glasses u wont realize this.So i dont think its worth debating this topic
Same Here, as Long as You Live in your Delusional World its not Worth Debating on this Topic.