Sri Lanka recalls players from IPL

Sir john

Seems delibrate by SL politicians :hmmm: I won't be surprised if they ask some $$$ from BCCI in return to pay for their newly built stadium as a compromise & let SL players play till the end :winky: It's just my guess ::dontknow:
Doubt the ****ers have that amount of brain cells TBH.

And IPL perfectly knew the FTP beforehand as well.
Duh, the Sri Lankan boards and players had agreed to remain till May 10, they are the ones going back on their words, BTW, the news is that Sri Lankan players are rebelling and will not go back

Duh, the Sri Lankan boards and players had agreed to remain till May 10, they are the ones going back on their words, BTW, the news is that Sri Lankan players are rebelling and will not go back
There should not be such a thing anyway. SL players should leave even though SLC cricket or politicians are going back on their words. Test cricket comes 1st. Plus with them leaving....KKR & RR will play the IPL 4 finals :winky:

Read a news in TOI that SLBC is now asking Malinga to come back to SL and go through a rehabilitation program because Malinga has cited injury to skip the upcoming Test series. I hope IPL Governing council releases Malinga. Let's not show too much dependency on Lankan cricketers. If SLBC wants to go on a collision course, so be it. Just make notes and carry on the IPL as it is..

Read a news in TOI that SLBC is now asking Malinga to come back to SL and go through a rehabilitation program because Malinga has cited injury to skip the upcoming Test series. I hope IPL Governing council releases Malinga. Let's not show too much dependency on Lankan cricketers. If SLBC wants to go on a collision course, so be it. Just make notes and carry on the IPL as it is..
This.

Lankan govt hints at compromise for players' extended IPL stay

COLOMBO/NEW DELHI: The possibility of a bitter showdown between the BCCI and Sri Lanka Cricket appears to have been averted with the island nation's government hinting that the deadline for its players' return from the IPL could be extended by a few days. After weeks of wrangling over top Sri Lankan players' return from the IPL for their tour of England starting May 10, a compromise appears to be in sight with Lankan Sports Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage saying that they might be allowed to stay beyond the original May 5 deadline. "I have received several e-mails from the BCCI and I will meet the selection committee and the SLC officials to discuss the matter. We might extend the May 5 deadline," Aluthgamage said. "The Players have to leave for England on May 10 and we might consider postponing that too. We don't want to embarrass the BCCI, we have good relations with India and we want to maintain this. We are trying to work out new dates for the players," he added. Eleven Sri Lankan players, including Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene who are captaining their respective franchises, are currently in action in the cash-rich IPL. Their early return would adversely impact their respective teams' combinations as the franchises were under the impression that the players would be available till May 21. But Aluthgamage claimed the BCCI was well aware of the Lankan players' international commitments. "The ICC's Future Tours Program is pre-decided and according to it, Sri Lanka has to tour England from May 10. So, the BCCI cannot say that it was unaware about it. We are calling our players just five days before the tour," he said. There was also speculation that Sri Lanka's climb down came after the BCCI gave them a deadline to sort out the issue and even threatened to withhold the 10 per cent cut from the players' fee which the SLC was due to get after the IPL. The SLC stands to earn approximately Rs 2 crore from the Rs 21 crore that the participating players would pocket from the event. Aluthgamage said the selectors are the ones who want the players to assemble by May 5 for the tour starting May 10 as they want them to get acclimatised to English conditions. "The selectors feel the team has been playing only Twenty20 and one-day cricket for a while now. So, it needs to adapt to the English conditions, besides there is a new captain at the helm which is why the team needs the extra time for preparation," Aluthgamage said. "I am sure, a solution would be worked out. For the players, it is always country first over IPL and I am sure they would return by the deadline set by us," Aluthgamage said.
Link

SAUCE: TOI (Please don't shoot me).

Sri Lanka relents, allows players to stay in IPL till May 18 COLOMBO/NEW DELHI: A major standoff between the powerful BCCI and Sri Lanka Cricket was on Thursday averted with the island nation extending the deadline for its players' return from the IPL till May 18, a compromise which put an end to the uncertainty over their availability. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl-2011/news/Sri-Lanka-relents-allows-players-to-stay-in-IPL-till-May-18/articleshow/8048162.cms