IPL and Daredevils a Great Platform for Us, says Umesh Yadav

Switchblade

http://delhidaredevils.co.in/viewnews.aspx?newsid=450 Navi Mumbai, April 16: Playing for the Delhi Daredevils and in the DLF Indian Premier League has been a great experience, says Umesh Yadav, the 23-year-old tearaway pacer, who is also knocking on the doors of the National team. Speaking to the www.delhidaredevils.com on the eve of Daredevils’ next match against Pune Warriors at the DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai, Yadav exuded confidence. “We have a good pace attack. There is Morne Morkel, from whom I have got to learn a lot. He is taller than me and has extra bounce. But he has also told me that more than pace and bounce, one has to bowl the right line and length. I have also spoken to him about theory of fast bowling and it has been a great experience.†On the match against Pune Warriors, Yadav said, “Pune has had a good run. For us it is just a matter of one match. The wicket at DY Patil is good and the stadium is a very beautiful one. I am looking forward to this challenge.†“It is important for us to come back and we will all be giving more than 100 per cent.†Yadav, who was very impressive with his pace, says, “The IPL has been a very good platform for me as also for other youngsters. A lot of pacers are competing for places in the Indian team. I was chosen for the 2010 T20 tournament in the West Indies after Praveen (Kumar) got injured. I also went for Zimbabwe and South Africa. All that came after being with the Daredevils in the IPL, so it has been very good for me.†Speaking on his team’s bowling attack, he said, “At Delhi Daredevils we have a good pace attack with Morne Morkel, Irfan Pathan, Ajit Agarkar, Varun Aaron and myself, so there is healthy competition.†He went on, “In the Indian dressing room I have learnt a lot from Zaheer bhai. So for me the current period is one of learning.†On what the stint with Daredevils and IPL could bring for him, he added, “Good performances here could go a long way. There are lot of big Tours coming up. So I want to do well.’ On playing alongside someone like Virender Sehwag, his Daredevils skipper, Yadav said, “He is very encouraging. He always says, Jo karo dil se karo, baaki sab theek hai.†He makes you think and bowl at your best even at the nets.â€