scary trend in CBSE Exams this year..

theguyinallblue

That just sucks. Making a stupid error like 5+3 = 9 should not enable a person to lose 7-8 marks.
7-8 marks ? LOL Lets put it this way, if this was WBCE and they gave you a very complicated integration, that requires 2 pages of calculations, lets say you got every one of the facking 50 steps right - only that in the second last step, you did 5+3=9 or 2x^2 instead of 2x, you get a big fat zero. Bengal board science marking scheme is very simple - give full marks if the problem is solved correctly, if notice ANY error ( even if you did everything correctly, your rough-work on the side column clearly shows so but you wrote 345 instead of 354), give zero. WBCE has one good thing that ICSE/CBSE doesnt have - the board returns the papers to the respective schools after marking them. So in other words, you can get back your class 10/12 papers from the board and see how they've marked you. I used to see ALL my friends who attented WBCE, having red-ink marks on their math papers..all in the fashion of 5/5, 10/10 or 0/5, 0/10. A friend of mine got 0/10 despite doing everything right because he wrote 4X with the X slightly far away, making the X look like multiplication sign. Heh..the commies may be bad in many ways, but if Russia or WB are any benchmarks, they are the toughest examiners to please.

the second last step, you did 5+3=9 or 2x^2 instead of 2x, you get a big fat zero. Bengal board science marking scheme is very simple - give full marks if the problem is solved correctly, if notice ANY error ( even if you did everything correctly, your rough-work on the side column clearly shows so but you wrote 345 instead of 354), give zero.
thats bull****.

Thats not BS, thats how WBCE marks their papers ! Reputed universities like Shibpur University/Jadavpur University etc. take in WBCE students with their science marks in the 70s for engineering but if you go through ICSE or CBSE, you need 85%+ to even qualify.

there was this typical baniya businessman.,...checking his son's result in Modern school..Barakhambha... he was talking to his wife..and said..."tere bete ne khub naam roshan kiya hai apne baap ka...45% marks laya hai..harami".... i was laughing loudly...hearing this...
:hysterical::hysterical: I went to that school ! There were loads of Baniyas in there for sure. As for me, I scored around 85 in 10th, and around the same in 12th.

Sorry but UP board is a joke. And ICSE easier than CBSE ? pfft. I've attended both systems and CBSE was a breeze compared to ICSE. CBSE though is far heavier on hindi/languages. ICSE is so much tougher in science. So far, amongst WBSE,ICSE, UP board, Bihar board, CBSE, edEXCEL, BCPv and IB that i've attended/know of, i'd rank it as follows : WBSE >> ICSE >> IB >> edEXCEL >> UP >> CBSE >> Bihar >> BCPv. Bear in mind, i am talking about how hard exams are/how much you gotto study on average outside of school etc etc. Oh and yoda- laughing at what ? Shibpur and Jadavpur Universities were amongst the TOP engineering colleges in India before the rise of IIT in the 80s. Even up to the mid 80s, EIL, the foremost engineering firm in India had more Sibpur and Jadavpur grads than anywhere else!

Sorry but UP board is a joke.
Why is that? Since the only criteria you are using here is the toughness of the grading system, UP board top ranker used to score a good 10-15 % less than our ICSE counterpart which is around the same as you are saying for WB. So how does UP board become a joke. PS : On a side note I think the entire education system in India is a joke.

Sorry but UP board is a joke. And ICSE easier than CBSE ? pfft. I've attended both systems and CBSE was a breeze compared to ICSE. CBSE though is far heavier on hindi/languages. ICSE is so much tougher in science. So far, amongst WBSE,ICSE, UP board, Bihar board, CBSE, edEXCEL, BCPv and IB that i've attended/know of, i'd rank it as follows : WBSE >> ICSE >> IB >> edEXCEL >> UP >> CBSE >> Bihar >> BCPv. Bear in mind, i am talking about how hard exams are/how much you gotto study on average outside of school etc etc. Oh and yoda- laughing at what ? Shibpur and Jadavpur Universities were amongst the TOP engineering colleges in India before the rise of IIT in the 80s. Even up to the mid 80s, EIL, the foremost engineering firm in India had more Sibpur and Jadavpur grads than anywhere else!
abe CC seriously you need to update your records. UP board is no joke. I have seen my friends spending preparing for them and have also seen the paper. CBSE in tenth class is heavier on Hindi that is for sure but only in ICSE you get like 94-95 in English in Tenth. I remember when I was taking admission in a school in Delhi for 11th class, the criteria of admission was earlier Maths, Science and English. But on seeing everyone in ICSE had above 95 in English they dropped English out of the criteria.