Mass Conversion to Buddhism in Mumbai

kumble_rocks

What would bother me though is do these converts take to Buddhism because they get to know it and like it? Or because they are brainwashed into doing this. If the conversion is done in free-will then I have no problems with it but if it is done by coercion, corruption or plain brainwashing then that would be criminal.
I am particularly troubled by this too. Seems like most of the 'ad-hoc mass conversions' to buddhism in India involves people who mostly know diddly squat about buddhism and probably have never heard of annata,annika and dukkha. End result would be that 'Indian Buddhists' would increasigly include people who don't know the ABCD of Buddhism- though i am hoping that once someone converts, they take the time to find out about it. I would be surprised if there was corruption/brainwashing involved, more like based on an idea that it will let them escape the clutches of the caste system. I figure they picked buddhism because it is a closer option to the hindu reality than christianity/islam.

Lurker' date=' with all due respect ,I find it hard to believe that they have been brainwashed or coerced. Keep in mind, hindu organizations like VHP ,RSS etc have much more resource and man power than of these buddhist or muslim organizations. Nobody is stopping the Hindus from preventing conversions through their own coercion or brainwashing. But , I have a problem if they decided to convert to Islam because the playing field is not even in this particular case. You know what I mean.:wink_smile:[/quote'] Fair enough KR. I personally have problems with a Hindu converting to Muslim only in cases of marriage whence a Hindu is supposed to convert to Islam to marry someone. Otherwise if Mr. X does not like the philosphy of Hinduism and wants to convert to Islam why should we stop him? Thats his constitutional right and it is also the greatness of Hinduism that there are no repurcussions on him, unlike say Islam where he would most likely be killed. But yes I would have problems if the conversion is due to coercion, brainwashing or any monetary greed put forward by Islamists. xxx

Trust me' date=' I still like Sachin. But , I no longer can differentiate between Akash Chopra and Sachin.:wink_smile:[/quote'] Mate, Akash used to hang around for longer than Sachin these days(barring minnows). Akash would give you a plethora of useful 30s and 40s, Sachin will give you a 200 once every 10 innings and then nothing.The Boss is quickly turning into a 'has-been'.

You have no idea how much "Oil Money" flows into our country for ummah propaganda ... and dont forget these guys get Govt grants on pretext of being a minority community.
I know about the "Oil Money". You will be surprised at the amount money NRI's can generate for Hindu organizations. How do you think temples like Tirupathi can generate so much wealth that it has become one of the richest entity after the Vatican. Anyway , Oil Money doesn't explain conversion to Buddhism. Don't tell me Japan is outbidding Hindu organizations .

I didnt know that Tirupati Tirumala devasthan engages in conversion melas
No , it does not , and even if it did , I doubt if anybody would convert.:teeth_smile:
Which is why I said it was for "Ummah Propaganda" .... unless you think Buddhist now belong to Ummah.:hysterical:
I am not clear what your point is . Hindus have the money and resource to stop this conversion or encourage them to convert back if they want. But the question is , would anybody want to convert back . I doubt it.

Guest dada_rocks

Conversion has become politics..As long as they are not converting to islam where back and forth conversion node terminates I am not complaining.

Guest dada_rocks
Point is we rarely get into the business of relgious conversions one way or the other ... but the Muslims do and they get substantial funding of Arab dinars.
Not only muslims chrstians do that too. Only difference with chrstians is they don't use violence either to convert or to retain the converted herd in the fold.

Guest dada_rocks

I am not clear what your point is . Hindus have the money and resource to stop this conversion or encourage them to convert back if they want. But the question is , would anybody want to convert back . I doubt it. ******************** KR Ghar-wapasi shuddhikaran etrc etc program run by hindu organization does re-conversion. It's another matter when it happens people cry foul.

Jesus Bheem ' date=' ever since I criticized his favorite players ganguly and sachin , he is after me with his sly remarks. hehehe.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical: Yeah, we all our lives around you. And what do you want me to do, I already said there is a problem with caste system, so it's not a surprise. Just for the record, I don't take stupid posts seriously, so you might remember whatever you posted about SRT or SCG, I don't.

guys, just out of curisity, are Indian muslims not allowed to convert? i am asking because actually there is no rule about not converting to other religion. Even in Bangladesh, there are muslims who converted to Christianity. These happens mostly in the rural areas by the missionaries. Atleast I personally know one family in Dhaka. Also inter religion marriage without converting is possible here, one of my collegue (hindu) married a muslim woman and they practice their own believes.

guys' date=' just out of curisity, are Indian muslims not allowed to convert? i am asking because actually there is no rule about not converting to other religion. Even in Bangladesh, there are muslims who converted to Christianity. These happens mostly in the rural areas by the missionaries. Atleast I personally know one family in Dhaka. Also inter religion marriage without converting is possible here, one of my collegue (hindu) married a muslim woman and they practice their own believes.[/quote'] u know what,, ppl who converted to christianity are all those who were considered schedule cast.. all the ppl who belond to this schedule cast group converted to christianity.. same thing happend in India.. this happend long back after India got Indipendence.

guys' date=' just out of curisity, are Indian muslims not allowed to convert? i am asking because actually there is no rule about not converting to other religion. Even in Bangladesh, there are muslims who converted to Christianity. These happens mostly in the rural areas by the missionaries. Atleast I personally know one family in Dhaka. Also inter religion marriage without converting is possible here, one of my collegue (hindu) married a muslim woman and they practice their own believes.[/quote'] Yes , Indian Muslims are allowed to convert but very few do , in my opinion.

guys' date=' just out of curisity, are Indian muslims not allowed to convert? i am asking because actually there is no rule about not converting to other religion. Even in Bangladesh, there are muslims who converted to Christianity. These happens mostly in the rural areas by the missionaries. Atleast I personally know one family in Dhaka. Also inter religion marriage without converting is possible here, one of my collegue (hindu) married a muslim woman and they practice their own believes.[/quote'] Dude you're dead wrong about no rule about not converting to other religion. But of course it'll inevitably lead to talking about something that we're not allowed. And there are lots of inter-religions marriages in India as well.

Guest dada_rocks

Caste system is a riddle.. as we speak a very upwardly modile community presently in OBC category, called gujjar are keeping law and order ransom since past few days.. Surprise surprise their demand: Give us ST/SC status. If u have lived in satellite town of New delhi u must have had witnseed these folks, they are very influential there even police personnel think twice before landing their hands on one of these samples.