Best delivery you have seen

Guest dada_rocks
Not true. Good balls will always take wickets not matter what the batsman does.
Then the question arises can u remember after that first encounter with shoaib dravid or sachin getting clean-bowled on yorkers of akhtar..In my view in Kolkata it was surprise package, they had no idea about the pace shoaib cud generate hence were late to react.
Not true. Many players simply can't negotiate the sharp inswingers while others negotiate them perfectly fine. Many can't let go the Mcgrath type outswingers and will fish to the slips while many others will have the discipline to let go. What you say is true for some of the truly "unplayable" deliveries, but those are very rare. I don't classify the warne delivery as one of them. It was a beauty, no doubt.
Yeah, the unplayable deliveries are what i was referring to. Which Warne delivery are you talking about ?
Ravi' date=' was it you who had posted the video about how wasim akram swung the yorker prodigiously away from the batsman while bowling round the wicket?[/quote'] Yup I did when we were on the last forums. I'll do that again sometime. That ball defies all logic. It was not just away from around the wicket. The ball took the pitch out of the equation. In the air it dipped towards leg stump for the first 15-18 yards. The batsman shaped to play it through the legside as the ball was naturally heading towards the legs and the around angle was helping it. The ball in the last 3/4 yards changed direction amazingly. It changed direction and headed towards off stump out of nowhere :whatchutalkingabout The batsman and even the umpire didn't quite figure out what happened there. The umpire ruled it not out as the ball was bowled at high speed and both the umpire and the batsman struggled to figure out the path of the ball. Akram was devastated to say the least as the umpire turned the appeal down. That ball truly was something. The ball did in the air both ways and anyone that has bowled with a cricket ball will know it is pretty much impossible to do that. As for the ball to Lamb and Lewis, they were great deliveries but not better than the one I mentioned above. The ball pitched and bowled Lamb and Lewis. The ball I mentioned above did not have any assistance from the pitch. You need to see it to believe what I'm saying.

C'mon Ravi- the two balls that got Smith and Lewis were once-in-a-lifetime balls (though i havnt seen the ball you are describing). Bowled at high speeds, round the wicket, pitching on off and straightening from a left-arm pacer ! Thats like a 90mph ball that deviates nearly 90 degrees ( if you take into consideration the initial trajectory of the ball before pitching) after pitching !!! Nuts !

CC if you haven't seen the ball I'm talking about then you had no idea about the ball I mentioned :tounge_smile: I think you are not grasping what I said. The ball I mentioned didn't pitch. There was no pitch helping the delivery. Think about this, you throw a ball from around the stumps and towards the end of the delivery it changes direction i.e the ball in the air moved in two directions. Now it's not my mistake to consider those two balls in the WC'92 as not as high quality as the one I've mentioned going by what I've seen.

It's got to be Wasim Akram's ball against Dravid in 99. Rahul Dravid is as pure a batsman as they come and to completely fool him all ends up has to take some doing.
I posted a video of it on youtube long ago; it still gets tons of hits every day ! 150,000+ JrWJ5WOwHmA Every time i see that delivery, i can't help but think - "how the f*ck did he do that ???"
Guest dada_rocks
How the eff did we lose that game? :whatchutalkingabout:whatchutalkingabout
Yes how did we do that .. it hurts me even today...... so many ifs and buts are there one being had tendu not decided to finsih it off early at the end.. had gangu not been gven out on bump ball..
Yup I did when we were on the last forums. I'll do that again sometime. That ball defies all logic. It was not just away from around the wicket. The ball took the pitch out of the equation. In the air it dipped towards leg stump for the first 15-18 yards. The batsman shaped to play it through the legside as the ball was naturally heading towards the legs and the around angle was helping it. The ball in the last 3/4 yards changed direction amazingly. It changed direction and headed towards off stump out of nowhere :whatchutalkingabout The batsman and even the umpire didn't quite figure out what happened there. The umpire ruled it not out as the ball was bowled at high speed and both the umpire and the batsman struggled to figure out the path of the ball. Akram was devastated to say the least as the umpire turned the appeal down. That ball truly was something. The ball did in the air both ways and anyone that has bowled with a cricket ball will know it is pretty much impossible to do that. .
wooh that's amazing! The only explanation that i can think of is that the reverse swing kicked in only after the ball had reached a certain speed. BTW who was it against?
Guest dada_rocks
It's got to be Wasim Akram's ball against Dravid in 99. Rahul Dravid is as pure a batsman as they come and to completely fool him all ends up has to take some doing.
Dravid of 99 was not water-tight for sure..
Guest dada_rocks

wooh that's amazing! The only explanation that i can think of is that the reverse swing kicked in only after the ball had reached a certain speed. BTW who was it against? **************** How many times have u seen reverse swing introducing point of inflexion in trajectory.

Another amazing ball http://youtube.com/watch?v=E9IiYpCnWE8

wooh that's amazing! The only explanation that i can think of is that the reverse swing kicked in only after the ball had reached a certain speed. BTW who was it against? **************** How many times have u seen reverse swing introducing point of inflexion in trajectory.
Don't think i have ever seen it swing as late as Wasim's ball to Croft.
aaaah, Saqlain !!! What a fantastic bowler he was. I don't like p@ki cricketers, but this guy was my favourite. I loved watching him bowl. A spinner with a fast bowler's mentality - always attacked the stumps and won battles with the best of them. Hitting him away was never easy. That delivery above was his trademark doosra; the ball which fetched him bundles of wickets, but eventually he became completely dependent on it - ie; a one-trick pony. Batsmen would just wait for that delivery of his every over. Still, in the 90's when the going was good and batsmen were clueless - he was awesome to watch. On par with Warne (in the entertainment stakes) as far as i am concerned.
aaaah, Saqlain !!! What a fantastic bowler he was. I don't like p@ki cricketers, but this guy was my favourite. I loved watching him bowl. A spinner with a fast bowler's mentality - always attacked the stumps and won battles with the best of them. Hitting him away was never easy. That delivery above was his trademark doosra; the ball which fetched him bundles of wickets, but eventually he became completely dependent on it - ie; a one-trick pony. Batsmen would just wait for that delivery of his every over. Still, in the 90's when the going was good and batsmen were clueless - he was awesome to watch. On par with Warne (in the entertainment stakes) as far as i am concerned.
Sad story! For more than a year or so the guy was on crutches and when he finally returned to county cricket he could barely jog and was seen hobbling on the field.
i think' date=' it was the beard and Tableeghi thing which did him...[/quote'] I know that you were just trying to be silly but in this case you have accidentally made a fair point. During one of his interviews last year Saqi said that he has lost the love for the game back in the day he wouldn't miss cricket for anything in fact he even played on the day that his father passed away but now he has realized that there are certain things that are far more important than the game of cricket.
I know that you were just trying to be silly but in this case you have accidentally made a fair point. During one of his interviews last year Saqi said that he has lost the love for the game back in the day he wouldn't miss cricket for anything in fact he even played on the day that his father passed away but now he has realized that there are certain things that are far more important than the game of cricket.
bah.... everyone knows tht... u wish, he gave interviews only to u...