How beautiful is this?

Dravid's was not stance in this. He was already moving forward to play a shot.
Thanks for asking. I had the same question asked even on RSC...twas Samarth there (u Samarth?). Anyway here's my response to that and to your question -
> Dravid is not in his stance. He keeps his feet much closer. Actually he keeps his feet wide (almost Srikanth-like) in his regular stance...as much as twice of Sachin's distance or even more....notice it when u see a side-on shot of him taking the stance in the ongoing IPL...the aerial camera will give you the first view anyway when RR bats and Rahul is opening for them currently...so quick easy opportunity to notice it. He's > actually taken a half-step forward, having judged it to be a fuller > ball. SRT and VS are in their stance. > > Likely in Dravid's case, the ball has already left the bowler's hand. > Hence the crouching/tenseness/early foot movement. In SRT's and VS' > case, the ball is still in the bowler's hand. Hence the relaxedness. > Possible...however consider this thought...if the ball already left the hand and Rahul was already in his shot-making stride then if the front leg having already reached the spot where it has to be planted (given fuller length delivery), where should the bat hang? I think if the foot is already planted to where he wants it to be then the bat would also simultaneously be in the downward swing and tending very much perpendicular to the ground than parallel as it is in the picture. I also thought about it from the perspective of his forward movement stride being 'in process' and that he will eventually end up even more forward. But if that is the case then his front foot would be touching the ground either at the heel or at the toe (basically full foot will not be planted on the ground). However, if you look at the picture his front foot is planted firmly. So this basically rules out "half stride" or "in process stride". Therefore we are left with two logical possibilities: a) as you suggest...he has identified it is full length delivery i.e. ball has already left the bowler's hand or b) as I thought...he is in his stance. For it to be possibility 'a' the bat position must necessarily be tending towards perpendicular to the ground. If the case is that Rahul may have decided to leave the ball (and therefore bat need not be tending perpendicular) then his shoulders would lean forward with bat handle pointing downwards and toe pointing upwards (or in the process of reaching there). Rahul, when he does a "well-left" he exaggerates the movement and even lifts his bat up just to be sure that even if the ball bounces he will not be in trouble (his approach to batting: ball is a tough one) unlike the Buddha who, if it is a full ball, does a "well-left" with his bat tending to remain parallel to the ground but slightly tucked inside and his front side will also lean a little forward and his head will be bent downwards looking at where the ball pitches/ed and stay in that bent position for just a while longer even after the wikky has collected the ball. For it to not be possibility 'b' can you come up with some thoughts to consider? (the one you have mentioned here is already analyzed further to a logical conclusion...or ya think not?)

^ Yes he does but I have already presented my reasons for believing he is neither 'in process' nor on the front foot in the picture above. If you think otherwise then please tell me what is wrong in my logic (the downward bat swing, upward bat lift in case of well-left, front foot half-planted).

^ Yes he does but I have already presented my reasons for believing he is neither 'in process' nor on the front foot in the picture above. If you think otherwise then please tell me what is wrong in my logic (the downward bat swing' date=' upward bat lift in case of well-left, front foot half-planted).[/quote'] Only video can prove. In all probability someone might even be bowling a beamer. Dravid always makes his move a little earlier than lot of batsmen. Even before the ball is released he makes a trigger movement. 8997d90325bacb068461e10db92c_grande.jpg [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzfCLLD_RVk]YouTube - ‪Rahul Dravid 233 against Australia‬‏[/ame]