Big B no farmer......says court.

beetle

OK, so what do we want here, a perfect bollywood hero who eats dal roti and drinks milk? Show me single rich person, celebrity or politician who hasn't twisted the rules for land, money or fame Everybody does it, just because he is Amitabh; he is not foolproof
It's not just in India, it's everywhere and even in much larger scale in USA.

Guest dada_rocks

Rajeev it's not even rule twisting.. Farmer's definition is not what people here have in mind u don't have to jump into the field with tilling tools in hand to be called a farmer. Farmer is the one who does farming in his land. There is no legislation like we saw in office of profit drama that you can either be an enginner/doctor,xyz-profession or a farmer. U can be both that's what rule so far says. If not then half of India's population is criminal. I am criminal too, recently I bought 20 acres of land well not in my name in my father's name but he too is a primary school-teacher, not so well paid job but full-time govt job nonetheless. Let me tell you we didn't bribe anyone didn't bend any rules followed each and every legislation cocerning land-transfer to the letter. I am no big shot just a simple bloke son of a primary school teacher ( third grade govt employee just above the peon you can say so even he doesn't have connection to the high places) so question of me being able to bend the rules doesn't even arise. This is nothing but a political drama and his crime is his proximity to the mulayam's family.

If this rule is applied true to point...then no one except farmers will ever be able to purchase land in India.I'm wondering how do builders do this-they buy agricultural land day in and day out...do they declare their profession as "Farmers"?......the case against AB is nothing but a witch hunt by the UP Govt...

Guest dada_rocks

More basic question is who is farmer. If u need farming pedigree to be a farmer then the question arises if one can choose to pursue every other profession in India then why not farming. Aamir Khan has claimed since his grand-father had farming land hence he is farmer and thereby his land deal legal. So those whose grand-father were doctor suddenly decide to farming too; on what basis he/she is barred from doing that is beyond me. If it's law then it's total bakwaas. What is next only doctor's ward can join medical college or only engineer's ward can join engineering college. Boy in that case I might have committed another crime by pursuing engg education as a primary-school-teacher's son.:haha: