Big B no farmer......says court.

beetle

LUCKNOW/PUNE: A Faizabad court on Friday rejected superstar Amitabh Bachchan’s claim to being a farmer in UP, something that would have given him legitimacy to buy lucrative farmlands near Pune which could only be owned by agriculturalists. The court upheld the cancellation of three bighas of gram sabha land in Daulatpur village of Bara Banki disctrict that had been allotted to him by the Uttar Pradesh government on January 11, 1983. Faizabad additional commissioner Vidya Sagar Prasad ruled that entry in the land records declaring Big B as the owner of the particular plot of land was ‘‘tampered and forged’’. And with Friday’s order, the controversy over the land purchase deal at Pol village in the Pavana dam backwaters in Maharashtra is back in the spotlight. When asked about the status of Bachchan’s Maharashtra acquisition, Pune district collector Prabhakar Deshmukh said, "We will decide the future course of action after we get the Faizabad additional commissioner’s order and study it in detail." He said if it was found that documents showing the star’s status as a farmer were not valid, the administration would reopen the case. The Big B's status as a farmer was all but settled after submission of original documents proving Big B's agriculturist status. A lawyer representing Bachchan had submitted the original document to the Maval sub-division office (SDO) in Pune showing that the mega star owns agricultural land at Bara Banki in UP. This made him an agriculturist and cleared objections raised over the purchase of over eight hectares of land in the Pavana backwaters. The Pavana backwaters right up to Lonavla has been attracting film stars because of the scenic beauty and close proximity to the Pune-Mumbai expressway. After Big B, actor Amir Khan also purchased about five hectares of land at Vadgaon which was registered on November 7, 2005. The Faizabad court’s order came on a review petition filed by Big B through one Vijay Kumar Shukla, who was represented by a lawyer. The petition was filed to seek cancellation of the order of March 24, 2006, issued by the then district magistrate of Bara Banki, Ashish Kumar Goel who had cancelled the allotment of gram sabha land to Big B on the ground that the entries passed in the revenue record regarding the allotment appeared forged. He had noted that the plan records (naksha) of the revenue department, kept in hard-bound covers, had fresh entries against account numbers 63, 109, 112, 121, 122, 265, 277 and 676 in same ink. The handwriting was similar, too. However, a close look revealed that the entries related to the account number 676 were not only made using a different ink and also handwriting but appeared ambiguous and based on forged orders as well. Another reason for the cancellation of the allotment was stated to be the absence of any information regarding the change in allotment in the files available with the record room of the revenue department. It was also revealed that the records had no documents whatsoever which could explain the basis on which the entries regarding the allotment of land to Bachchan were made in the plans (naksha). The court stated though the documents showed that the title of the land in question was allotted to Bachchan but there were no documents to explain the basis of the allotment. This makes the entries made in the records of the revenue department baseless and false. The court said Goel’s order would remain in place. Bachchan had purchased the land at Pol in 2000 and submitted a xerox copy of the certificate showing that he was an agriculturist as he owns a piece of farmland in UP. The Pune district collectorate had ordered a suo motu inquiry into the land purchase following reports in April 2005 about villagers objecting to the purchase. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/TOIonline/India/ Big_B_no_farmer_says_court/articleshow/2093052.cms Shameful!!!!!

hehe... What about this guys ?? When Jaylalalitha was was asked by the court what was the source of all her wealth she replied she had got all the money by "selling fruits in the streets in her native place" !!!!:haha:

Guest dada_rocks

Another BS drama . I am sure just like office of profit they have not defined farmer per se. From amir khan to any tom dick and hary has land holding. Expect some brouhaha over this..... Anyone who famrs is farmer he could have another job if not let these guys give exclusivism hue to farmer definition and see how many India find themselves in soup.. And yes it's DM's order a political appointee expect this order to be blown into pieces in real court.

I lost all my respect to Amitabh....15 years back. He is no different to any of the politician/officers that survive on do number ka paisa and help out their son/daughter/rishtewaala regardless of sharam/haya. xxxx

Guest dada_rocks

do number ka paisa ismein kahan se aa gaya jannab.... matter is simple he bought 2 acres land 20 years back apparently only farmers can buy agricultural land and definito of farmer is those who farm now some hostile govt comes and forces oe of its minion commssioner meaning promotes IAs officer to declare he is not a farmer.. he is just paying the price of being close to rival politcal family.. expect this DM's order to be dumped into drain in court........ And if this decison is upheld by some quirk logic expect everyone starting from aamir khan to xyz bear the brunt of the precedence created by this law.....Becasue each and eery one of them have some farm-house and that is agricultural land.. I see another office of profit drama unfolding where hitmen had no clue the gun they were using might beused agaisnt them too..

matter is simple he bought 2 acres land 20 years back apparently only farmers can buy agricultural land and definito of farmer is those who farm now some hostile govt comes and forces oe of its minion commssioner meaning promotes IAs officer to declare he is not a farmer.. he is just paying the price of being close to rival politcal family.. expect this DM's order to be dumped into drain in court........
Not sure what "court" you are referring to where this DM's order shall be dumped. As it turns out the very first line of this article goes like this A Faizabad court on Friday rejected superstar Amitabh Bachchan’s claim to being a farmer in UP, something that would have given him legitimacy to buy lucrative farmlands near Pune which could only be owned by agriculturalists . The way I see it the local court has rejected AB's point that he is a farmer(which is ridiculous anyway) and not some DM. xxxx

How can any one justify fraud????
Ask your fav SRK, one of his frauds included stocking up food or something and then selling it for much higher price. Read it somewhere but don't remember where since I'm least interested in Bollywood.

Guest dada_rocks

A Faizabad court on Friday rejected superstar Amitabh Bachchan’s claim to being a farmer in UP, something that would have given him legitimacy to buy lucrative farmlands near Pune which could only be owned by agriculturalists. Look deeper sir it's additional commisioner's (promoted IAS) jurisdiction yes called court but anyythign but court. These are political appointee. By real court I mean high court/ supreme-court where judges know the law.

Guest dada_rocks
How can any one justify fraud????
Provided it's a fraud. If it's fraud then am sorry to say half of India's working class is fraud. As I mentioend anybody who is somebody has a farm-house in their name, all the big names of bollywood included. It's perfectly legal given there is hardly any hard and fast definition of farmer, whether ethical or not keeping hindu scriptures in mind I am not so sure.. This case has no leg other than Bachchan saheb being close to rival political family. But it certainly has given anti-bachchans an opportunity to throw some mud that's all. BTW has rule changed recently because I was under the impression that u are barred from buying farming land only when u are not an india citizen for instance as OCi u can't buy farming land.

Guest dada_rocks
Ask your fav SRK' date=' one of his frauds included stocking up food or something and then selling it for much higher price. Read it somewhere but don't remember where since I'm least interested in Bollywood.[/quote'] Even Shahrukh khan has farm-house.. I say find me a big-wig without farm-house I will find u a #$%^-sucker from guatemala.

>>>>Ask your fav SRK, one of his frauds included stocking up food or something and then selling it for much higher price. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical:

>>>>Ask your fav SRK, one of his frauds included stocking up food or something and then selling it for much higher price. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical:
?

Guest dada_rocks
There are lots of criminals in the country dada...does that make crime acceptable? I am truely shocked at you.
Again assumption u are making that he is a criminal is baseless.... a political apoointee passing order hardly means anything.. wait till the case comes to its conclusion in court

OK, so what do we want here, a perfect bollywood hero who eats dal roti and drinks milk? Show me single rich person, celebrity or politician who hasn't twisted the rules for land, money or fame Everybody does it, just because he is Amitabh; he is not foolproof