Zak against lefties

Guest Gunner
Guest Gunner
Bhajji's SR is around 70' date=' but who can take his place right now in the test team?[/quote'] How will you find out if you haven't tried anyone??? OJha is not a test class bowler. You had to persist a bit more with Mishra and give ashvin a break. This is the only way to find out!!

The fact is, we are missing opportunities to blood ( or further nurture)new talent( on the bowling front) on the Windies tour,....(I'm on about Tests and the use of shorter formats team selections only as a proving ground for this proper cricket) .... paradoxically injury and "family time"considerations are making for a far more adventurous batting unit than the selectors would usually contemplate, although frankly the abundance of back up riches( even now we can't squeeze in the Rahane and Rayudu options that other nations would pray for ), means only temperament inadequacies on the part of the freshers ,should catch India out on this front . Bluntly put ,why no Varun Aaron, BEFORE the UK trip. Thankfully, from the scant evidence and dubious comparability of the IPL season, both Ishant and Sreesanth seem to realise that, bowling consistently @ or above 85mph+ is needed (unless you have Zak's control) ,in order to present a serious case as a option for a top level pace attack . Mithun is a possible , but falls away too much in delivery stride as well as starting from too wide of the crease , he does not have the skill of an N'tini to compensate Munaf - accurate 4th seamer back up , if only he could bat as well as our no.6 batsmen, he might then make a case as a Test all rounder ( for those of you ,on whom irony is lost, this is my polite way of saying NEXT!!) Yadav needs more variety. Irfan Pathan - now fitter , and with intermittent swing returning,but 135 kph is his fastest - he isn't Zak standard so NO ! Tyagi and RP singh have gone backwards . Unadkat is a long long way away , needs some serious gym work , and sadly his strict ( vegetarian)diet may hamper him (possibly always if he's intractable on this). On the spin front no-one apart from Ashwin grabs the eye , Mishra has some impressive figures and Chawla has bad episodes that tilt in favour of Mishra. Ojha does not attack enough , frankly I would prefer Murali Kartik who does consistently well in England I hope Bhajji does not end up being a workhorse on unhelpful strips , just so we can get away with a four man attack , our batters must be prepared to fill in as 5th bowler , crazy as it sounds 10-15 overs of say (a fully fit and capable)Sehwag is what we could really do with in England . But first the Windies, reputations to be made (or lost).....Fingers crossed eh !!! Wonder what the voteless ( in selectorial terms)Duncan Fletcher had to say, re the WI tour in this regard... " Listened to his Wise counsel " indeed ,if ever there was a phrase redolent with unspoken meaning !!!

The fact is, we are missing opportunities to blood ( or further nurture)new talent( on the bowling front) on the Windies tour,....(I'm on about Tests and the use of shorter formats team selections only as a proving ground for this proper cricket) .... paradoxically injury and "family time"considerations are making for a far more adventurous batting unit than the selectors would usually contemplate, although frankly the abundance of back up riches( even now we can't squeeze in the Rahane and Rayudu options that other nations would pray for ), means only temperament inadequacies on the part of the freshers ,should catch India out on this front . Bluntly put ,why no Varun Aaron, BEFORE the UK trip. Thankfully, from the scant evidence and dubious comparability of the IPL season, both Ishant and Sreesanth seem to realise that, bowling consistently @ or above 85mph+ is needed (unless you have Zak's control) ,in order to present a serious case as a option for a top level pace attack . Mithun is a possible , but falls away too much in delivery stride as well as starting from too wide of the crease , he does not have the skill of an N'tini to compensate Munaf - accurate 4th seamer back up , if only he could bat as well as our no.6 batsmen, he might then make a case as a Test all rounder ( for those of you ,on whom irony is lost, this is my polite way of saying NEXT!!) Yadav needs more variety. Irfan Pathan - now fitter , and with intermittent swing returning,but 135 kph is his fastest - he isn't Zak standard so NO ! Tyagi and RP singh have gone backwards . Unadkat is a long long way away , needs some serious gym work , and sadly his strict ( vegetarian)diet may hamper him (possibly always if he's intractable on this). On the spin front no-one apart from Ashwin grabs the eye , Mishra has some impressive figures and Chawla has bad episodes that tilt in favour of Mishra. Ojha does not attack enough , frankly I would prefer Murali Kartik who does consistently well in England I hope Bhajji does not end up being a workhorse on unhelpful strips , just so we can get away with a four man attack , our batters must be prepared to fill in as 5th bowler , crazy as it sounds 10-15 overs of say (a fully fit and capable)Sehwag is what we could really do with in England . But first the Windies, reputations to be made (or lost).....Fingers crossed eh !!! Wonder what the voteless ( in selectorial terms)Duncan Fletcher had to say, re the WI tour in this regard... " Listened to his Wise counsel " indeed ,if ever there was a phrase redolent with unspoken meaning !!!
:hail:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: That was 3-4 years ago. What is his SR in the last 5 years in test cricket?
His last 2 overseas (outside subcontinent) tours were to NZ and SA recently. He performed very well in both. Go check your stats :yay: SA: 3 tests, 15 wickets at 29 in 2010-2011 , SR 54. NZ: 3 tests, 16 wickets at 22 in 2009, SR 55. Thats as good as its going to get for a spinner :dontknow: