Conversion of Sikh Girl in Birmingham Sparks Retaliation

Dhondy

Sorry Rajeev' date=' sounds like a tall tale to me.:wink_smile:[/quote'] Thank god, I didn't tell you she was I guess, the Muslim BF dropping her didn;t go well did it, but it is true indeed; he was so much in love with her that he had to believe her and we just went out for dinner and talked ...one of the few moments and excuses where one likes to share those lovely moments, there are just small clips, if I were to share all the things, it would certainly sound fictional :wink_smile:

This is why I find this entire thread a joke.
just fyi, i think your posts has the highest counts on this thread.. another fyi, Indians are the most tolerant race on planet earth.. check how many religions emerged from India.. ?? check how many types of lingo India speaks ?? currently we have top three leaders in India who are not hindus but from three different faiths.. mrs. gandhi, mr. singh, and mr. kalam.. sala.. har koyi India ko blame karne aa jata he.. :confused_smile:

You are kidding yourself man - saying it dosent constitute racism because its India and stuff. Do you know how false that sounds? How much of a lame excuse that is? Are you one of the people who think white women are sluts, etc? I think ill leave this thread alone - because all ive dug up is a load of bigotry.
Err no, it is not lame or an excuse- merely facts. I've lived in many different cultures, thanks to a nomadic father. I don't think white women are sluts. But at the same time, there is NOTHING racist in calling Chinese people slant eyes or Indians as hairy people- those are general attributes and its racism ONLY if you twist those attributes to reflect on the quality of the person. But as i said, if you have not experienced non-western culture or lived in it, i doubt you'd see how your viewpoint is very much a western cultural phenomenon than empirical reality. I am not sh!tting you that if you call Pakistanis as Pakees in the middle east, most won't take offence and that 1 in a dozen who does take offence is because he/she has lived in the west. If you think the above is false, then please say how so. For i definitely don't see whats racist in noting attributes. Calling chinese as slant eyes ( i used to say 'brown guy for the slant eye' when i dated a chinese chick and she didnt mind one bit) is not racist- its observation.

CC - earlier you were telling someone that I was right on something, when he accussed me of not being close to ground reality - well, I think it stands to reason that saying the same thing he did, arguing im not close to ground reality again, might not be authentic. Indians often do a little more than 'noting attributes', lets face it.

CC - earlier you were telling someone that I was right on something, when he accussed me of not being close to ground reality - well, I think it stands to reason that saying the same thing he did, arguing im not close to ground reality again, might not be authentic.
GP- i made that comment in response to a specific quotation from you. We (you and I) are not discussing the same things- i agreed with your post there that all religions are growing at the end of the day and so what if one dies..humanity still lives on. That has little or no bearing on what we are arguing on currently. So i fail to see the contradiction here. Just because i disagree with you on this particular thing doesn't mean i wont admit agreeing with you on comments i find genuinely agreeable.
Indians often do a little more than 'noting attributes', lets face it.
In the west, yes. In India ? no. But can you please tell me how noting attributes or commenting on them is racist ? Racism is only when you attach merit/demerit to the said attributes and try to draw a superior-inferior relation. You may have a nose flatter than pancake and i may have a nose that a swordfish would covet..but until we attach meaning into it ( this is the superior nose, that is the inferior one,etc), there is nothing wrong in noting it or commenting about it. Racism is a question of intent more than anything else and i personally have come across some intellectual racists who stay away from trigger words. At the same time, i've heard comments like ' yo! slant-eye! yo- sand-boy!' being used without any malice or racial intent and thus not racist. Your perspective is not unjustified either, considering that you are the product of the western culture and most in the west think this way due to west's history with racism and current 'super-politically correct' scenery in the west but all i am trying to say here is that it most definitely is not looked upon the same way everywhere and there is no inherent reason why you'd want to associate your/the west's ideas on racism as the empiric view on racism.

Guest dada_rocks

Had khalistan been mainstream movement, no power in the world could have quelled that. we are talking about a community which has disproportionately large representation in armed forces. By rough estimate around 25% of armed forces comprises of sikh. Just imagine quarter of your army supporting a secessionist cause. Khalistan remains a bogus cause of handful duely aided and abetted by pakistan. In my opinion sikhs are the true karmayogi described in Geeta. They did tread on path of peace till 8th-9th guru when nothign worked then they took up arms. As usual those who triggred this metamorphosis started crying foul. PS: Now marijunaa law will decide which country is liberal.:haha:

As an undergraduate student at Delhi University in the early 1990s, Dr Renu (Gupta) Naidu took little notice when her friends routinely referred to students from the Northeast as 'Chinkies' or hurled obscenities or racial insults at them. "Any Northeastern student entering a college campus earns the epithet 'Chinky' on day one, and has to live with being looked at as, at the very least, an oddity, for the rest of her or his stay," says Naidu. "Students told me about being asked questions like whether they eat rats." This racial hostility comes unbidden from the non-Northeastern student community.

Guest dada_rocks
False. G_P has a far better grasp of reality than you do on this issue.
He himself knows how to scribe few words mr. PA. Anyway ur endorsement has further strenghened my point.

Guest dada_rocks
My thoughts exactly. What a sh*thole.
Precisely...... my class-mate moved from UK to Vancouver and everytime I call her she expresss the sentiment as yours about UK.

Guest dada_rocks

mention of racism has become cheap particularly remains at tongue-tip of neo-liberals. Calling someone chinky bihari bengali madrasi bla bla bla is not racism. Racism is much more than that.

Guest dada_rocks
Unlike your throat-slit threat' date=' my modern muslim ex-gf openly told me that our relation wouldn't anywhere due to the religion factor, fact is we were soulmates and there was a time when her muslim bf used to drop her so we could go for a dinner date, she convinced him that we were just good friends..aisa bhi hota hain..she is happily married now[/quote'] Hone ko to kuchh bhi ho sakta hai. Point is what is more likely to happen. As they say exceptions further strengthen the rule as opposed to weakening it.

Hone ko to kuchh bhi ho sakta hai. Point is what is more likely to happen. As they say exceptions further strengthen the rule as opposed to weakening it.
But some things are difficult to gulp, thus the comment. You wouldn't normally hear this is in a place like UK, IMO I thought going to places like London was so cool for shopping, recently I get the feeling I would be visiting some religious harem