So, what was wrong with this pitch, Bhajji?

So lets get this straight. Our cricket experts are saying that on a day 5 pitch it is down to the spinner in the team to take ALL the wickets. If he does not he has failed? As no pacers can get wickets and it does not matter if catches are dropped of his bowling? Its the new rule folks. Day 5 arrives. SPINNER MUST TAKE ALL THE WICKETS! No contribution from pacers is expected. The mob are very demanding

So lets get this straight. Our cricket experts are saying that on a day 5 pitch it is down to the spinner in the team to take ALL the wickets. If he does not he has failed? As no pacers can get wickets and it does not matter if catches are dropped of his bowling? Its the new rule folks. Day 5 arrives. SPINNER MUST TAKE ALL THE WICKETS! No contribution from pacers is expected. The mob are very demanding
lol at this ,if our pacers can take major share of the wickets in the 2 previous tests in each of innings,why cant a legendary offspinner take up the responsibility to take most of the wickets when the seamers are struggling to take any.Oh well now I am part of hate mob.............
lol at this ' date='if our pacers can take major share of the wickets in the 2 previous tests in each of innings,[b']why cant a legendary offspinner take up the responsibility to take most of the wickets when the seamers are struggling to take any.Oh well now I am part of hate mob.............
He did he took 4!!! Just a couple from our pacers on day 5 would have been nice and helpful. But hey ignore the pacers and dropped catches(as if dravid had took that catch of chanderpaul of a very good bhaji ball, we would have won). Lets just blame Bhaji as he should have took 6 wickets like all spinners do in final innings apparently!
He did he took 4!!! Just a couple from our pacers on day 5 would have been nice and helpful. But hey ignore the pacers and dropped catches(as if dravid had took that catch of chanderpaul of a very good bhaji ball, we would have won). Lets just blame Bhaji as he should have took 6 wickets like all spinners do in final innings apparently!
That dropped catch was very costly I agree,but hey when you talk about dropped catches should we talk about poor umpiring decisions as well :--D
That dropped catch was very costly I agree' date='but hey when you talk about dropped catches should we talk about poor umpiring decisions as well :--D[/quote'] True. But he also had another dropped of Edwards. All I am saying this wholesale blame of bhaji on day 5 is idiotic. He blew them away and created the moment. Just a bit of help from the other end and we win. Yet cos he did not take ALL the wickets he is to blame!!! Even Mr Warne did not do it all on his own. They chipped in at other end and supported him with great catching. He actually bowled well this test! In the first 2 he was not at his best, I agree, so hammer him for then if the mob must. But to go after him for yesterday is silly and shows no understanding of the team game of cricket
My honest assessment - the fast bowlers pulled their weight throughout the series. They always provided initial breakthroughs and in the first two tests did much more than that. The first test pitch was a rank turner and if we had relied on Bhajji we would have lost the test, but the fast bowlers did more than their bit in the last innings as well. Similar story in the second test - lots of bounce on the track and the reason we couldn't bowl out West Indies was Bhajji's below par performance, because the faster men again did more than their job. Bear in mind these fast bowlers are all very inexperienced and even mediocre Mithun outdid Bhajji. Now, we get to the third test with the fast bowlers again doing their job in the first innings and providing initial breakthroughs in the second. Now, I am realistic about Bhajji's abilities - I don't expect him to run through sides on day 1. But this was a situation made for him - comfortable first innings lead, lots of time, crappy line up, last day track and he ends up striking once every 11 overs (courtesy the umpires, otherwise every 22 overs). In this situation his strike rate was the important thing and not the average - West Indies were mainly looking to bat out time than score and they managed to do it. Not since Calcutta, 13 tests back, has Harbhajan been able to deliver a decisive second innings performance. But we are the hating mob!
True. But he also had another dropped of Edwards. All I am saying this wholesale blame of bhaji on day 5 is idiotic. He blew them away and created the moment. Just a bit of help from the other end and we win. Yet cos he did not take ALL the wickets he is to blame!!! Even Mr Warne did not do it all on his own. They chipped in at other end and supported him with great catching. He actually bowled well this test! In the first 2 he was not at his best, I agree, so hammer him for then if the mob must. But to go after him for yesterday is silly and shows no understanding of the team game of cricket
Agreed he bowled well in this match than previous 2 tests but again the line of attack yesterday was very disappointing ,he was consistently bowling on the legs ,bowling that line he was never going to take Edwards's wicket.
The two new openers cost us this game and a 3-0 win. They are not test material. Parthiv should have an opportunity but I blame coach for that. Let us all join the mob and blame Bhajji for the loss. It is faishonable now a days.
The two openers are going to get dropped whenever Sehwag and Gambhir are available. It shows how low Bhajji's stocks have plummeted that we have to look at Mukund and Vijay to make ourselves feel better about our 'emotional leader'. :hysterical:
The two openers are going to get dropped whenever Sehwag and Gambhir are available. It shows how low Bhajji's stocks have plummeted that we have to look at Mukund and Vijay to make ourselves feel better about our 'emotional leader'. :hysterical:
:cantstop: You just registered yourself as no.1 in the hate mob :nervous:
I am analyzing the game and giving an evaluation. Also be kind enough to read my next post too. So many miscues but let us go for Harbhajan.

It's like 'Jai explaining to Mausi in Sholay'.. 'Bas eik baar, Mausi..Bhajji gets support from other bowlers..India will bowl out all the teams..' Mausi: 'Haan Beta.. experienced bowler woh, leading spinner on a last day wicket woh, struggling to keep up with the rival bachcha spinner woh, magar uska koi dosh nahin..sab dosh on batsmen, bowlers, Dravid, Wasim Akram and what not..'