Who should be the new coach?

Yeah It is insane to to drop all the sr. at one time. We should drop them for 1 big series every year from now and play them in rotation. So say you have 5 sr, play 3 in rotation and drop 2. That way they will be fit and play sensibly. We aint having any promising young guys as yet. Even not of a calibre of yuvi forget replacing RD and SRT.

Thats what I've been saying. At least Sachin, Rahul and Saurav should opt out from masala matches that we'll have in Ireland/scotland and try new faces there. I'll have Manoj Tiwari (unfortunately injured atm), Rohit Sharma and...??? Please tell us the name. Predator??
I'd have them out of the team altogether. Throw in the youngsters and see if they sink or float. If it were up to me, i'd pick the following team for Tests; 1. Sehwag 2. Jaffer 3. Dravid 4. Yuvraj 5. Kaif 6. Venugopal Rao 7. Karthik 8. Pathan 9. Kumble 10. Sreesanth 11. YoMahesh I'd have Chawla in the squad. If Sehwag still can't find his marbles, i'd drop him for Gambhir ODI's; 1. Gambhir 2. Vidyut 3. Sharma 4. Yuvraj 5. Dravid 6. Dhoni 7. Karthik 8. Pathan 9. Powar 10. Agarkar 11. Sreesanth
:haha: Did i mention that i would make Kaif the CAPTAIN and Pathan the VC ? :P
Seiously dude pick that team and we would be humilated. I am going to see a lot of the games in england, I want us to win not embarass me:sad_smile: You have been pumpin too much iron these days!:haha: Dravid dropped as well:haha:suprised kumble made the cut, whats he done to survive your axe?
Seiously dude pick that team and we would be humilated. I am going to see a lot of the games in england, I want us to win not embarass me:sad_smile: You have been pumpin too much iron these days!:haha: Dravid dropped as well:haha:suprised kumble made the cut, whats he done to survive your axe?
Look carefully mate, Dravid was included in both teams. Yeah, this team won't get the best results at first but the objective is to pick a group of players who can serve India well for the next 5-7 seasons. You may think both teams are a joke, but that is what the Indian team will look like in 2 years time when Dravid, Tendulkar, Kumble, Ganguly and co. are gone. May as well pre-empt the inevitable and give these promising players a chance to prove themselves at the highest level.

Thank god at least you included the wall. Look youth should be giving a go in the batting depts, no need for bowling dept as they are all young anyway apart from jumbo. You cant axe them all at same time. Axe Ganguly and Laxman is what I say as they are the weakest of the oldest batters. Axing sachin and dhoni is nuts!

Thank god at least you included the wall. Look youth should be giving a go in the batting depts, no need for bowling dept as they are all young anyway apart from jumbo. You cant axe them all at same time. Axe Ganguly and Laxman is what I say as they are the weakest of the oldest batters. Axing sachin and dhoni is nuts!
Dhoni is in there for the ODI's. I think Karthik is a better batsman for the Tests. What has Dhoni done in Test cricket 'til date ? A fifty in his debut series vs SL, a fifty against England at Mumbai, a fifty in WI and that is it. Anything else ? He has had too many failures - a fact accurately reflected by his batting average, which is on the brink of falling into the 20's. I don't think Karthik is a stalwart but he has a wider array of shots, better technique and has done little wrong since coming back into the Test XI. I haven't made any major changes to the bowling attack - just the one with YoMahesh in the Test XI. Zaheer is quite limited in what he does and India need a new spearhead - this kid looks like he can do the business. Kumble being the oldest will undoubtedly be the first senior to retire, and Chawla should be there to fill in for him.