Sehwag... nobody seems to care.. Surprise.. surprise !!

Ram

Jaffer and Karthik are inferior to Sehwag ? In terms talent -- YES in terms of record - YES in terms of Shot making - YES but does Sehwag inspire my confidence for doing a what a test opner should do - NO
In terms of technique- NO Has sehwags eyes gone a bit? If they have theis could explain his turn of form! As he has no solid technique to fall back upon if his hand eye coordination has dipped, which he used to be very reliant on!
Hayden was sure to get the chop if he hadn't made the century in the last Ashes test in '05. And if you remember his hundred it was a completely different Hayden respecting the situation and opponent. If Sehwag was willing to show that kind of resolve and professionalism' date=' he should not have been dropped. But even your skipper can only stand by you for so long if you refuse to grow up.[/quote'] i think doctorsaab is unnecessarily dragging haydo into this discussion. haydo has a very sound technique, to begin with. he has the technique to leave a whole day's worth of balls outside off-stump, if need be, coupled with the mental fortitude of an Aussie. and chandan, i think yr argument is superfluous if u mean to imply that either KKD or jaffa should have got the AXE to make place for waggy. not happening. if it did, it would be a travesty.
You think Jaffer or Karthik or Gambhir would be able to do even that?
they may do it differently... like S&G sang, there's "60 ways to leave your lover." doesn't mean every Test has to be won the aussie way or the sehwag way. heck, we used to win Tests even before sehwag was born, innit?
Hayden was sure to get the chop if he hadn't made the century in the last Ashes test in '05. And if you remember his hundred it was a completely different Hayden respecting the situation and opponent. If Sehwag was willing to show that kind of resolve and professionalism' date=' he should not have been dropped. But even your skipper can only stand by you for so long if you refuse to grow up.[/quote'] Oh yeah? Let's take a look at Hayden's lean patch then. It started with Australia's first Test v Pakistan at Perth in 2004 and continued till that 138 in the final Test at The Oval in 2005 against England. Here's the sequence of his scores in those innings: 4, 10, 9, 56*, 26, 23*, 35, 15, 61, 38, 9, 12, 34, 0, 31, 34, 36, 7, 26 That's 466 runs in 19 innings @ 27.4 Now let's look at Sehwag's barren run. This began at Karachi in the final Test v Pakistan, and ran till the final Test v SA. 5,4, 2, 0, 11, 76*, 6, 0, 36, 41, 180, 31, 65, 0, 4, 4, 33, 0, 8, 40, 4. That's 550 runs in 21 innings @ 27.5. Spot the difference? In fact, Hayden's poor form preceded the innings I have quoted here. In the 11 innings from the start of Australia's away series against India, to the point where I start this string, Hayden had averaged 34.2. Yet, one person stays in his team, the other is given the boot. Note that Sehwag failed consecutively in four, yes only four Tests. Before that horror run that started at Kingston, his scores were 36, 41, 180, 31, 65. I can think of numerous cricketers who have failed in 4 consecutive Tests and still kept their place, let alone a man averaging nearly 50. And Shwetabh, exactly what kind of attitude had Hayden displayed prior to that career-saving 138? For four consecutive Tests in that Ashes series, he had swished and swaggered and had to haul his ass back to the pavilion not soon after he took guard. Did Australia drop him? Yes, it's that faith reposed in him that he repaid magnificently, a faith that was not shown in our most destructive batsman by our hair brained chairman of selectors. Four fruitless Tests, and he is out. Rahul, just one little POV from me in passing: Fukc technique! When you have a guy averaging 50, at a SR of 73, technique is the last thing you talk about.
and chandan, i think yr argument is superfluous if u mean to imply that either KKD or jaffa should have got the AXE to make place for waggy. not happening. if it did, it would be a travesty.
No Rahul. I'm confortable with Karthik. It is Jaffer whom I don't trust. But since he slammed a ton after two ducks in a match vs BD, I suppose he should open with Karthik at Lords. But we should have had Sehwag in the squad in Gambhir's place. AT TB, I'll trust Sehwag anyday over Jaffer.
Not to forget the ONLY guy to ever to score a Run-a-ball 250 and the fastest Triple centurian ..... Thats not easy even at ARG ...
...is the point that Dravid made in a press interview. On balance India should have persisted with Sehwag but his luck with the commitee ran out to the extent that even Dravid's long standing confidence was unable to save him. He will return strong and I doubt that any temporary impressive performances by the younger generation will take away the shine from this star. The Board, in my view, has made a mistake with leaving out Pathan but they're stupidity is unlikely to extend to Sehwag when the time is right.
No Rahul. I'm confortable with Karthik. It is Jaffer whom I don't trust. But since he slammed a ton after two ducks in a match vs BD' date=' I suppose he should open with Karthik at Lords. But we should have had Sehwag in the squad in Gambhir's place. AT TB, I'll trust Sehwag anyday over Jaffer.[/quote'] :sad_smile::sad_smile::sad_smile: have u actually watched jaffa bat, ever? have u noticed his propensity to hit boundaries and get the EFF on with the scoring rate? duh. if u cant trust jaffa, i completely fail to see how u can trust doodhwaala.