Indians deserve respect

Nasser Hussain's face is glowing just because Eng will become No1 soon, I just felt sad that the team which was No1 for nearly 2 years is being talked about like they never worked for being there. The Sky commentators, the newspapers , the fans and the english players .. all are passing smart ass comments on Indians and I for one dont like it. India played well and kept the ranking for some time. I understand that India is getting beaten fair and square in Eng but that doesnt mean India never worked for it. Have some respect ! PS: No matter how messed up they look in this series, I am proud of the boys for what they have done in the last few years and I am sure they'll be back soon .. :isalute:
Don't worry England will not be number 1 for more than 5 months. By the turn of the year SA will be number 1. Then probably the SA commies will gloat and say how England have not done anything to get to number 1
Mate my only point is/was if eng are so awesome today then we also were for quite sometime. At the moment we r playing bad cricket and that's no secret
I understand what your point is and it's a fair point. But unfortunately that's not the way it works. When India became number 1, nobody congratulated or respected that Australian side. Everyone was talking about how they were a shadow of their former selves and didn't deserve the number 1 position.
Nasser Hussain's face is glowing just because Eng will become No1 soon, I just felt sad that the team which was No1 for nearly 2 years is being talked about like they never worked for being there. The Sky commentators, the newspapers , the fans and the english players .. all are passing smart ass comments on Indians and I for one dont like it. India played well and kept the ranking for some time. I understand that India is getting beaten fair and square in Eng but that doesnt mean India never worked for it. Have some respect ! PS: No matter how messed up they look in this series, I am proud of the boys for what they have done in the last few years and I am sure they'll be back soon .. :isalute:
The comments I have been hearing on TMS have been more that this Indian team that has shown up is like a shaddow of the great tem we know they normally are. Most commentators are trying tounderstand why India are playing so poorly, when we know they are great players
The comments I have been hearing on TMS have been more that this Indian team that has shown up is like a shaddow of the great tem we know they normally are. Most commentators are trying tounderstand why India are playing so poorly, when we know they are great players
Simple. Indian team is always

I feel sorry for this team, but they don't deserve any respect. Their performance has been pathetic to say the least and no one gives a feck about their past achievements when you have undone them all by this shambolic show. If you went out fighting that is one thing. To be toothless in batting, bowling, captaincy, fitness, WTF!

I dont think so
It dunn matter what you think. Go to the predictor table and see for yourself http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/match_zone/test_predictor.php I put Eng-Ind - 3-0, SL-Aus 2-1, SA-Aus 2-0, Aus-NZ 2-0, SA-SL 2-0. I also put Eng-Ind 4-0, SL-Aus 1-0, SA-Aus 2-0, Aus-NZ 2-0, SA-SL 2-0 in that case both SA and Eng will be at 125 I also put Eng-Ind 4-0 Eng-Ind 4-0, SL-Aus 2-0, SA-Aus 2-0, Aus-NZ 2-0, SA-SL 2-0 in this case also both SA and Eng will be at 125 England will stay number 1 if they can beat India 4-0 and hope SA dunn win against Aus and SL 2-0

If a no.1 team (that had been winning for a couple of years) came to India and got massacred like this, would we be giving them any respect? I'm as big a hater of the English media as anyone, but we don't deserve an ounce of respect for our performance on this tour. I mean batting line-up struggling to make 250, bowlers bleeding runs at four an over, 200 runs, 300 runs, innings defeats - wtf!

If a no.1 team (that had been winning for a couple of years) came to India and got massacred like this' date=' would we be giving them any respect? I'm as big a hater of the English media as anyone, but we don't deserve an ounce of respect for our performance on this tour. I mean batting line-up struggling to make 250, bowlers bleeding runs at four an over, 200 runs, 300 runs, innings defeats - wtf![/quote'] very well summed up. i don't remember the lankans being humbled like this when they toured a few weeks ago...
very well summed up. i don't remember the lankans being humbled like this when they toured a few weeks ago...
This isn't about you guys, understand? You guys haven't won a Test since Murali retired, and we absolutely massacred you when you toured India last, and you will have to live with the loss to us in the World Cup final for four years. So worry about your sorry team instead.

Why get so defensive? We have lots of things to work on as a team and the weaknesses have been exposed. The bias of the english media is similar to what the aussies used to do; apply pressure on all fronts and watch the opposition (and back it up with a damn good team) disintegrate. The only way to counter any of it is with performance on the field. Our performance has been poor.

This isn't about you guys' date=' understand? You guys haven't won a Test since Murali retired, and we absolutely massacred you when you toured India last, and you will have to live with the loss to us in the World Cup final for four years. So worry about your sorry team instead.[/quote'] Hey Karan, he is Bangladeshi not Sri Lankan :--D
Sometimes you have to take it on the chin and move on. The key is never to forget it though and learn something from the experience coz tere will be time when shoe will be on the other foot and that's when you make sure the opponents pay. And I sincerely hope BCCI remembers this series as well.
Why get so defensive? We have lots of things to work on as a team and the weaknesses have been exposed. The bias of the english media is similar to what the aussies used to do; apply pressure on all fronts and watch the opposition (and back it up with a damn good team) disintegrate. The only way to counter any of it is with performance on the field. Our performance has been poor.
Not sure I agree - some of the stuff I read in their press when England was struggling a couple of years back was as vitriolic as the current stuff is orgasmic. If England had gone 1-0 down in this series (ha!), I think you would have seen some of the same hacks start ripping them apart. At the start of the season, there were reams and reams of pages on how badly KP was doing against left arm spin even though it was a minor issue in a pretty healthy state for English cricket.

What OP is asking for is Don't forget this same team hasn't lost a seires in almost 3 years. That takes some doing. Yes they have been abysmal, shambolic etc. etc. ran out of adjectives there. But this team has produced some greatest comebacks of all time, some impossible wins. Maintaining number 1 ranking for 19 months with so called weak bowling attack, takes some doing. Ofcourse they have looked worse than number 8 team in this series, no denying that, for that we can criticize them. But I hate when ppl come out and are saying, Is this really number 1 team? Don't Number 1 teams lose games?? Australians beat everyone fair and square in their glory days last decade. But they could not do the same to India. So when they were beaten in Kolkatta, Chennai, Adelaide, did they lose respect suddenly?? They still were great team and came back harder. When too many ppl are out of form in XI, its not easy to win. After all its team game.

What OP is asking for is Don't forget this same team hasn't lost a seires in almost 3 years. That takes some doing. Yes they have been abysmal, shambolic etc. etc. ran out of adjectives there. But this team has produced some greatest comebacks of all time, some impossible wins. Maintaining number 1 ranking for 19 months with so called weak bowling attack, takes some doing. Ofcourse they have looked worse than number 8 team in this series, no denying that, for that we can criticize them. But I hate when ppl come out and are saying, Is this really number 1 team? Don't Number 1 teams lose games?? Australians beat everyone fair and square in their glory days last decade. But they could not do the same to India. So when they were beaten in Kolkatta, Chennai, Adelaide, did they lose respect suddenly?? They still were great team and came back harder. When too many ppl are out of form in XI, its not easy to win. After all its team game.
Exactly kabira i said the same thing one bad series doesnt end our domination.Lets see how eng will hold to that rankings

A team cannot score 300 in 5 innings does not deserve respect . The way India play right now do es not deserve any respect . And the worse thing is all the seniors are soon to exit the team. the young Indian players are not suited to test cricket . Largely thanks to ILP. Things gong to get more difficult in the coming years for India. And when it comes from the World no 1 ranked team things look more ugly .