Darren Bent?

King Tendulkar

He iz betta' than Ronaldinho m8 Nah, seriously - good player. Very good finisher, decent close control (see his goal vs Everton at Goodison) and strong enough to hold off defenders. He would complement Berbatov well. He is a natural penalty box goal-poacher. Surely this means that Defoe is leaving though ?

Good move for Bent.He would do well for Spurs, i reckon. Spurs to break the Big Four...?Possible.If Martin Jol gets his tactics right for once! They had a good chance the last two seasons as well.They bottled it tho. I for one would like Spurs to do well.

Good move for Bent.He would do well for Spurs, i reckon. Spurs to break the Big Four...?Possible.If Martin Jol gets his tactics right for once! They had a good chance the last two seasons as well.They bottled it tho. I for one would like Spurs to do well.
They are chokers yaar...perennial chokers. Everyone was talking about how good they would be last summer, but the first half of the season they were just a few spots above the relegation zone. They still haven't replaced Carrick, IMO. King's fitness is also going to be crucial, because he holds their defence together.

They are chokers yaar...perennial chokers. Everyone was talking about how good they would be last summer, but the first half of the season they were just a few spots above the relegation zone. They still haven't replaced Carrick, IMO. King's fitness is also going to be crucial, because he holds their defence together.
Yup...King is massive for them.He is underrated to an extent when people talk about defenders.He is mint when he is fit. Now that they have signed Bale,maybe they will add some solidity to the left side where they lack heavily. Having said that,they must keep their base.But in all honesty, i dont see how it is possible. The fact is that if Berbatov, Lennon, Huddlestone etc do continue to play well,they will be snapped up by the bigger teams(read The Big Four). But i admire them because they try to have an english centered team unlike a few teams in the league...no prizes for guessing those teams:P N add to that the fact that they rival Arsenal and to a certain extent Chelski, only adds to my wishing well for Spurs.:angel_smile:

Yup...King is massive for them.He is underrated to an extent when people talk about defenders.He is mint when he is fit. Now that they have signed Bale,maybe they will add some solidity to the left side where they lack heavily. Having said that,they must keep their base.But in all honesty, i dont see how it is possible. The fact is that if Berbatov, Lennon, Huddlestone etc do continue to play well,they will be snapped up by the bigger teams(read The Big Four). But i admire them because they try to have an english centered team unlike a few teams in the league...no prizes for guessing those teams:P N add to that the fact that they rival Arsenal and to a certain extent Chelski, only adds to my wishing well for Spurs.:angel_smile:
Bale is all hype. They paid £10 mil for an 18 year old who has no experience other than some 40 odd matches in the mediocre cess-pit otherwise known as the Championship and because he supposedly has a decent free kick ! How ridiculous.

Bale is all hype. They paid £10 mil for an 18 year old who has no experience other than some 40 odd matches in the mediocre cess-pit otherwise known as the Championship and because he supposedly has a decent free kick ! How ridiculous.
True that...10mil is a lot of money for a player who is unproven.But it is yet to be seen whether its an outright 10mil transfer fee or its going to be paid in installments. Inflation...my friend. I blame Chelski :wink_smile:

We are signing a 8 million centre back from france. We have top squad. Bale is expensive but will br top draw. Bent to me seems a much superior version of Defoe. As he is quicker, stronger, less selfish and better finisher. There is now the big 5 again! Spurs are are real threat to status quo

We are signing a 8 million centre back from france. We have top squad. Bale is expensive but will br top draw. Bent to me seems a much superior version of Defoe. As he is quicker, stronger, less selfish and better finisher. There is now the big 5 again! Spurs are are real threat to status quo
U mean Kaboul? Todays reports suggest that Jol may make an combo offer of 18 mil for Swp n Diarra. Will be a coup if u people can get Swp.U could do with strengthening your left side.Its from the Sun though...so, if i were u i wouldn't read much into it tho.:P