THIS IS THE GREATEST OVERSEAS TEST WIN IN THE LAST 15 YEARS!

Gambit

Re: THIS IS THE GREATEST OVERSEAS TEST WIN IN THE LAST 15 YEARS! Predator..good point. Our bowling, especially the pacemen, are constantly slated for being ordinary and 'popgun'...God knows I do a lot of the slating ...well...up yours now world itll be IDEAL if we win the series then a fired up SAf hammer the Paks Muahahaha

Re: THIS IS THE GREATEST OVERSEAS TEST WIN IN THE LAST 15 YEARS!

And Pred' date=' no Multan or Rawalpindi on that list? :huh:[/quote'] Look at the circumstances preceding each of those wins Dhondy. In all five of these series, India weren't given a snowball's chance in hell. In Kandy, they were coming off a demoralising defeat to SL in the Coca Cola triangular, and in the first test (lost that one by an innings). In that context, the 7 wicket win achieved in Murali's backyard, on wickets tailor-made for him - was very special. Don't forget - India were missing Tendulkar, Sehwag, and Kumble. SL at full strength were a torrid proposition at home, and India trampled all over them. The Kandyman (Murali) came a cropper. In Headingley, the team had everything to prove after their shoddy performance @ Lords, and a close-escape at Trent Bridge. Headingley was meant to be the nail in the coffin. Batting first on a seaming wicket under a cloud cover, the ESPNStar commentators cast serious doubts over India's prospects and questioned whether they would be able to survive the first day. India went on to defy them and all the naysayers by racking up 600+ and then knocking England over twice. Dravid called it "the most perfect test match he had ever played in". I STILL remember Wisden.com's headline after India finished their innings. It read - "England cut to ribbons". These memories will stay with me forever. Kingston '06 - well, the monkey which had clung onto India's back for 21 long years, was finally pulled off and kicked to death. It merits inclusion in my top 5 solely due to it's significance as the long awaited SERIES VICTORY which had eluded India for f*ck knows how long. Contrast all these matches with the test series during the '04 Pak tour. India were on a roll - having brought Australia to their knees in their own backyard, coming to Pakistan after gate-crashing Steve Waugh's farewell party. They triumphantly won the ODI series, and were favs for the Tests all along. Pakistan rolled over and died like the cowards that they are - the wins were expected, and didn't come to me as any real surprise. India were confronted by flat pitches, toothless bowling attacks, and an ugly balcony dancing chimp masquerading as a coach. The challenge wasn't there. Those victories may have been significant, but they don't come close those other three i have described.
Guest dada_rocks

Re: THIS IS THE GREATEST OVERSEAS TEST WIN IN THE LAST 15 YEARS! Pakistanis have already started Shreesanth chucks thread in their desperation whereas Alan Dolnald is going all gaga over shreesanth's action :hail:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: THIS IS THE GREATEST OVERSEAS TEST WIN IN THE LAST 15 YEARS!

Wohoooooooooooooo Just realized India won two test matches in a row that too overseas ... :hail:
Both cases it ended up being history changing :hail:

Re: THIS IS THE GREATEST OVERSEAS TEST WIN IN THE LAST 15 YEARS! All overseas wins are special but what makes this one extra-special is significant contribution by at least 9 of 11 players. Sehwag - Two beautiful catches and feisty start in 2nd innings. Tendulkar- Dravid partnership in first innings after India had lost openers cheaply Laxman - Ganguly partnership after India had lost Tendulkar and Dravid in quick succession. Ganguly's work with tailenders (specially VRV Singh). Zaheer-Sreesanth opening burst in both innings. Laxman's brilliant half-century. Kumble mopping up the tail in both innings. Jaffer was a total flop although Dhoni was very good behind stumps.