Rate Your Fav Players

exactly Shwetabh... thats why these stats are not acceptable completely. If a player is in a very good form and ends scoring 50+ 4 of 6 matches but in only 1 match rest of the players play good enough to win the game. His 3 scores does not count towards winning score. In my opinion, that guy was scoring to win the game but there are remaining 10 who pathetically played and lost the game. Now his innings goes in vain. I want to do away with such averages and statistics are tell me what you think irrespective of stats what you think of a player...

No stats are completely acceptable. There are always new and innovative ways of looking at stats. I'll discuss them here as and when the opportunity arises. My point is that, as a follower of science, I'd rather go by objective criteria than subjective ones. You may of course differ on what you consider to be the best objective parameters. There'll always be some way you can do better.

Besides, there's something satisfying about finding out that over his huge career, Sachin has won almost exactly 50% of the matches he has played in, that he wins MOM just a shade better than 1 in 6, and every 5 out of 8 times he scores a half century or better, India win.

But dhondy... If I were to find averages I can go on CI and get it all for any player, any time quite easily. But I really dont know what and how Dhondy rates SRT or SG or RD. I want to know more of that. Lets have that for as many players from all of us. May be for averages we could start another thread which is entirely objective. But here lets stick to subjective ratings...crazy as it may sound....

Dhondy' date=' according to your objective criteria Tendulkar is 0.5% better than Yuvraj. Surely, something is amiss?[/quote'] Well, they are close. Pred was willing to put $10 on Yuvi, he was so sure. Anyway, if you don't like it, stop being a sourpuss and devise your own, or facking shut up. :teeth_smile:
Yeah, yeah, whatever m8. Tendulkar has played 200 more matches (approx), so obviously he has an unfair advantage in terms of man of the match awards. Do it from '00 onwards and then compare I meant $10 Zimbabwean, BTW.
If I'm not mistaken, Dhondy took the % of MOM awards. So "SRT having played more matches" argument goes down the drain. Infact, in these, yuvraj has an advantage, because he has a 56% winning record, while Sachin has a 50%. I really dont think that should be included in these stats. Both these players are automatic selections, and we dont need to see how the team does better or worse when one of them are there. In that case, Andy Flower would lose out miserably because his team was not as good as other teams, but he was a brilliant batsman.. so, if you judged his batting by using "team winning percentage", he would look much worse than what he was...

OK, since Yuvraj made his debut ('00), these are Tendulkar's figures Average; 47 Away average; 40 % of match winning scores; 45 % of matches won; 56 I don't know where to get the filtered info for SR (statsguru doesn't show it) and i couldn't find the man of the match awards list. Still, let's assume he scored at an SR of 88. That makes his points aggregate 276. I seriously doubt that he has a % of MOM awards figure to overtake that 301. :P

another factor for yuvraj is that he bats in the middle order.. so his contributions more directly affect a match. How many times have we seen sachin score a century and India still lose. That is because, the match is won only in the 50th over / when the target is reached. It is unreasonable to expect an opener to go out there and finish matches for us. That is the job of the lower order. When someone in the lower order scores 50+, more often than not, the team batting wins, which is not the case for an opener. I can gaurantee you, that if yuvraj was batting as an opener, we would not have figures like 77% of matches won when he scores a 50. On the other hand, I cannot gaurantee that we would have similar figures even when SRT was batting in the middle order. They have different roles in the team, and cannot be compared, even statistically.

Alright then, Tendulkar in his first 175 ODI's ('89-98). This takes declining years out of the equation Average; 39 Away average; 28 % of matches won; 45 % of match winning scores; 64 Assume the SR was 88, the tally is 264 and there is no way his MOM % will take him past 301.

another factor for yuvraj is that he bats in the middle order.. so his contributions more directly affect a match. How many times have we seen sachin score a century and India still lose. That is because' date=' the match is won only in the 50th over / when the target is reached. It is unreasonable to expect an opener to go out there and finish matches for us. That is the job of the lower order. When someone in the lower order scores 50+, more often than not, the team batting wins, which is not the case for an opener. I can gaurantee you, that if yuvraj was batting as an opener, we would not have figures like 77% of matches won when he scores a 50. On the other hand, I cannot gaurantee that we would have similar figures even when SRT was batting in the middle order. They have different roles in the team, and cannot be compared, even statistically.[/quote'] Holy, by the same token, Sachin benefits from getting more overs to bat through, and hence the chance to build a better average than a player who comes down the order and often has to risk his wicket from the word 'go'. It all balances out.

Player ------------Temperament, Technique, Running BW, Big Hitter, Hand-Eye cordination, Timing/Placement, Strike Rate, Finisher/Winner, Adaptable to surface, Overall Rating. =============== ODIs:- SRT: 9,9,8,8,9,9,9,9,9, 9 : 88/100 Lara: 9,9,8,8,8,9,9,7,7,8 : 82/100 Ponting: 9,8,9,9,9,8,9,9,6,8: 84/100 Dravid: 9,9,7,6,8,9,6,8,9,7: 78/100 Gillchrist: 9,7,9,9,9,6,10,8,7,8 : 82/100