Dravid's achievement, no one can break this

kabira

Re: Dravid's achievement, no one can break this Gator, first test series win in WI in 35 years. I am not for crediting a cappo with wins or losses. They should be credited for their own peformance, team selection and on field decisions like field placement and bowling changes. Although these are crucial, I feel a cappo can screw up a team more than help it with his own magical touch. Dravid didn't inspire Tendulkar with his first innings knock, he didn't teach VVS and Ganguly how to bat, nor did he inspire Sreesanth to the awesome performance. Overall wins and losses are due to collective effort of the team and mainly the primary performers.

Re: Dravid's achievement, no one can break this

Gator, first test series win in WI in 35 years. I am not for crediting a cappo with wins or losses. They should be credited for their own peformance, team selection and on field decisions like field placement and bowling changes. Although these are crucial, I feel a cappo can screw up a team more than help it with his own magical touch. Dravid didn't inspire Tendulkar with his first innings knock, he didn't teach VVS and Ganguly how to bat, nor did he inspire Sreesanth to the awesome performance. Overall wins and losses are due to collective effort of the team and mainly the primary performers.
====>>>> So you're admitting he can't inspire people like Ganguly can :hic:

Re: Dravid's achievement, no one can break this

Gator, first test series win in WI in 35 years. I am not for crediting a cappo with wins or losses. They should be credited for their own peformance, team selection and on field decisions like field placement and bowling changes. Although these are crucial, I feel a cappo can screw up a team more than help it with his own magical touch. Dravid didn't inspire Tendulkar with his first innings knock, he didn't teach VVS and Ganguly how to bat, nor did he inspire Sreesanth to the awesome performance. Overall wins and losses are due to collective effort of the team and mainly the primary performers.
====>>>> So you're admitting he can't inspire people like Ganguly can :hic:
:lol: I am sticking to my pre-Dravid theme. Let's not hype a captain. He has a job to do and needs to do it well. I will appreciate his specific moves like team selection (in this case it was Vengy), bowling changes (overall ok although he persisted with VRV for too long in the 2nd) and field placements (very good and aggressive). Other than that, let's give credit where it is due, that is to the actual performers on the field.

Re: Dravid's achievement, no one can break this ^ Agree with Yoda. There is only so much a captain and coach can do. Just because we won our first series in WI for 35 years and our first test in SA ever does not make Dravid-Chappell the best captain-coach combination as the loss in Karachi and Mumbai and ODI reverses did not make them the worst captain-coach combination.