Whom should we pick in place of Praveen?

koksmayu

Irfan just had barely one good FC match after years. Too early to bring him back IMO. Sree would have been my choice since this is tests, but that fecker got injured again. Let's cut the selectors some slack. This seems like a case of TINA. I still can't believe we couldn't get anyone better than this guy. Hopefully he won't get a game.

what good thing does mithun has that aaron does not? >.< why was he droopped they dropped him after bad performancel ike they had some great phaast bowler in reserves who is gonna blow the world apart with his bowling even if aaron is raw he is still 10 times better than this mithun and bowled fairly well in 1st odi why was he not in team? who so every picked the team needs to find another job..
I think it is more rested than dropped, just to try these guys out to see what they got.
I think it is more rested than dropped' date=' just to try these guys out to see what they got.[/quote'] but why? :(( he is not gonna be in first tes team in australia and really needs some experince so play him in these odis u dont expect him to step up in australia in case zak gets injured and he needs to play with some good performances here he will at the very least would have some confidence going in we need to develop these guys and back them up guys like mithun would bring india down to no 5-6 they are really mediocre vk is better than him he atleast swings the ball this guy is so odinary
Well he is injured and recovering. It isn't a big deal about Mithun anyway' date=' he won't play a game so no fuss.[/quote'] 5th pacer would not normally get a mention, but there is a very real possibility he will get a game. ZK and Ishant are not exactly 100% fit. The guy ahead of Mithun does not look ready for Tests either. Much of the crying is because of the indictment on India's bowling stocks, that is true.
what good thing does mithun has that aaron does not? >.< why was he droopped they dropped him after bad performancel ike they had some great phaast bowler in reserves who is gonna blow the world apart with his bowling even if aaron is raw he is still 10 times better than this mithun and bowled fairly well in 1st odi why was he not in team? who so every picked the team needs to find another job..
He is rested.He played a test match and with 2 days gap has to play another ODI.He is the only fast bowler from both teams that played in 3rd test as well as 1st 2 ODIs.So it makes sense to rest him. The question should have been why was Mithun selected for ODIs.
5th pacer would not normally get a mention, but there is a very real possibility he will get a game. ZK and Ishant are not exactly 100% fit. The guy ahead of Mithun does not look ready for Tests either. Much of the crying is because of the indictment on India's bowling stocks, that is true.
the guy ahead(aaron) had one bad game today yadav had one bad game these are veyr young bowlers they will have there share of bad days fast bowlers at start can be wayward he is much ebtter option than pathan or any other indian bowler for that matter bcos he bowls close to stumps can get reverse and bowls wicket to wicket he will get accurate with experince all bowlers doo but they dont get quicker with experince or start moving ball all of sudden this mithun is just club level bowler aaron on the other hand is like starc.. from australia dont expect every young bowler to perform form word go u can tell he will prosper in bouncier conditions with his natural line mithun would be milked all day
5th pacer would not normally get a mention, but there is a very real possibility he will get a game. ZK and Ishant are not exactly 100% fit. The guy ahead of Mithun does not look ready for Tests either. Much of the crying is because of the indictment on India's bowling stocks, that is true.
I think at times you can't fault the selectors as bowling stocks are bare despite rkt erection over pace. Sree and Pk are injured, two experienced players. Zk is brittle, they can't afford to drop Ishant. Yadav and Aaron are taken for long term development. They brought back RP for eng series and look how it went. Clearly they may feel bringing back Irfan will be similar. Tbh I know peope will laugh, but I may have gone for Nehra. His test record isn't great but in first class it isn't bad although he stopped playing first class until recently. If fit, he can swing ball both ways at lively pace and would get wickets. Just don't know if his fitness would have held up. Tyagi and Dinda were other options better than Mithun.
I think at times you can't fault the selectors as bowling stocks are bare despite rkt erection over pace. Sree and Pk are injured, two experienced players. Zk is brittle, they can't afford to drop Ishant. Yadav and Aaron are taken for long term development. They brought back RP for eng series and look how it went. Clearly they may feel bringing back Irfan will be similar. Tbh I know peope will laugh, but I may have gone for Nehra. His test record isn't great but in first class it isn't bad although he stopped playing first class until recently. If fit, he can swing ball both ways at lively pace and would get wickets. Just don't know if his fitness would have held up. Tyagi and Dinda were other options better than Mithun.
It's fair comment. I would say the selection in itself was very predictable though. Mithun is repeatedly chosen as backup/replacements for these tours and we see no reason why. It's easy to believe that selectors are just being unimaginative and stubborn. This time he is replacing one of the best swing bowlers around, but dude barely ever swings it. Nehra was not realistic. Even if he was good, he would probably die in the middle of a Test series.
Dont agree with you mate. Any of the rookies like Abu Nechim, Gony, Dinda, Rahul Shukla would have been better options than Mithun. Al least Abu Nechim has pace and the trip to Australia would have helped him to develop as a bowler.
It's fair comment. I would say the selection in itself was very predictable though. Mithun is repeatedly chosen as backup/replacements for these tours and we see no reason why. It's easy to believe that selectors are just being unimaginative and stubborn. This time he is replacing one of the best swing bowlers around, but dude barely ever swings it. Nehra was not realistic. Even if he was good, he would probably die in the middle of a Test series.
and when people say why was sreesanth selected htis si the reason cos that guy much ebtte than this mithun i would ve gone for nechim but selectors clearly have some loveaffair with this guy club level bowler at best :((
Dont agree with you mate. Any of the rookies like Abu Nechim' date=' Gony, Dinda, Rahul Shukla would have been better options than Mithun. Al least Abu Nechim has pace and the trip to Australia would have helped him to develop as a bowler.[/quote'] If you read my last line I said Dinda and Tyagi are better than Mithun. Nah Nechim is too raw, we already have Aaron and Yadav. Dinda and Tyagi have played a bit more longer. Gony is crap lol. Never seen Shukla bowl so can't say but heard he is another Aaron.