Passport Renewal

apocalypse

Yeah' date=' very straightforward. Got it done in a day at the San Francisco consulate.[/quote'] Thanks for replying. i am not near a consulate. So I will have to mail. Do you know if I can renew it even if more than an year is left for its expiry?

Abbe Apo drive down to Houston man. It is all worth the hassle. Ek din mein ho jaayega. If you send it by mail make sure you send it "Acknowledgment" style, in other words have someone at Counsellate sign for it lest it gets misplaced. And do take photocopies.

Abbe Apo drive down to Houston man. It is all worth the hassle. Ek din mein ho jaayega. If you send it by mail make sure you send it "Acknowledgment" style, in other words have someone at Counsellate sign for it lest it gets misplaced. And do take photocopies.
yeah I will do that. Going to Houston is not feasible. The thing is my passport will expire in august next yr and i was wondering if i can renew it now or wait till this august

yeah I will do that. Going to Houston is not feasible. The thing is my passport will expire in august next yr and i was wondering if i can renew it now or wait till this august
ISSUE OF NEW PASSPORT Application for a new passport can be made one year before date of expiry or within one year of the expiry of the passport. Requirements for issuing new passport are: (a) Duly completed application form filled in BLOCK LETTERS in expanded form using black/blue ink only (see Application Form for an Indian Passport) (b) Four recently taken and identical colour photographs with light background of size 3.5x3.5 cm. Photographs should show the front view of full face and should be in civil dress. Polaroid photographs, poor quality photographs and photographs taken in uniform or with dark glasses will be rejected. © In cases, where the passport has already expired beyond a period of one year, the Applicant should submit an affidavit (see Annexure) and may have to appear personally before the Consular Officer; (d) Proof of residence/mailing address in USA (photocopy of Driving license/ Lease agreement/ Utility Bills etc.); (e) Alien Status (photocopy of US Visa/Green Card/ Work authorization card); (f) Current Passport; (g) Proper Fee (see fee schedule for details) (h) Applicants for a new passport or additional booklet are required to submit a photocopy of marriage certificate, in case, the name of their spouse have not been included in their respective passports. If the application is found to be in order and no prior reference is required to be made to the original Passport Issuing Authority, a new passport will be issued within 10 working/business days from the date of receipt of the application. (Six weeks in case of passport issued by other Passport offices/Embassy/Consulate). Top EXTENSION OF SHORT VALIDITY PASSPORT In cases where the passport has been issued valid for one year or for a limited period a passport can be extended up to the normal validity of 10 years. For this, " Application Form for Extension of Short Validity Passport”, along with two photographs should be submitted. In such cases, the validity will be extended only on receipt of clearance from the original Passport Issuing Authority. No fee is required in this case except for the mailing charges of $ 15/-. Applicants should make enquiries only after thirty days from the date of submission of the application. http://www.cgihouston.org/passport_services.html#1c

I got it done for my wife last year....filled up the application and sent it thru USPS to the NY consulate.Included an express return service payment and got the new passport back within the same week...no issues.
i am confused if I can renew it even if more than an year is left on its expiry ( 13 months actually ) as I have to take H1-B visa stamping accordingly. Still waiting for the reply from Houston Consulate. Lets hope someone from consulate also replies soon