Vacation over - Bose.

gator

Pfft. Change 120-125kph with 'cant turn the ball' and this is a flashback from 15 yrs ago when Kumble debuted. Same story- new names. and the same guesswork being peddled as some sort of quantifiable fact
Kumble never bowled at 125 kph, stop embarrassing urself....
tht is good enuf for u.... i dont wanna spoon-feed u.... find out the rest of the names urself...
You are the one yapping about howztat and then trying to put it on my shoulders- sorry but i am not in the business of doing other's homework. You made the howstat reference- you go dig through it.
Kumble never bowled at 125 kph' date=' stop embarrassing urself....[/quote'] never said he did. learn to read English properly and stop embarassing yourself. I said ' change 120-125 kph stuff with cant turn the ball'. The implication is to drop the 120-125kph stuff and put 'turning the ball' in its place. Not that Kumble bowled at 125kph. I am begining to see your problem here- basic lack of comprehension of English, which is not a very rare sight on this board. No wonder !
Pfft. Change 120-125kph with 'cant turn the ball' and this is a flashback from 15 yrs ago when Kumble debuted. Same story- new names. and the same guesswork being peddled as some sort of quantifiable fact.
If Bose ends up taking 100 wickets never mind the 600 that Kumble will eventually take I'll parade naked at Times Square.
If Bose ends up taking 100 wickets never mind the 600 that Kumble will eventually take I'll parade naked at Times Square.
Umm..sure. Indians and their penchant for predictions...sigh..oh well..i guess for a culture that quagmired itself with astrology, its to be expected. :wink_smile:
You are the one yapping about howztat and then trying to put it on my shoulders- sorry but i am not in the business of doing other's homework. You made the howstat reference- you go dig through it.
i dont need crutches of stats, ... only rookies need it, i jus pointed out ur penchant for search engines and howstats, as many in this board know....
i dont need crutches of stats, ... only rookies need it,
Says the guy obsessing over bowling speed stats. Only rookies need stats, rremember ? Oh the irony!
i jus pointed out ur penchant for search engines and howstats, as many in this board know....
Never confuse your assumption for knowledge. The mindless stat-cruncher here has initials closer to pandava brothers than jesus christ (ie, me). Your assumption is your crutch here, sorry to say. I am on record here saying that mindless stats are meaningless- just as your random,arbitary and meaningless 130kph nonsense. Ask Swetabh here- he/she's clashed with me before on this stats-orientation. So you are preaching to the priest here,sonny! PS: registered for that ESL class yet ?

To CC: There is no comparison in the domestic cricket structure of Australia and India. Australian domestic system is much closer to international cricket whereas Indian Ranji trophy isn't even up the standard of club cricket which Australians have. So, there is no point in posting how successful domestic cricketers become successful international cricketers in Australia. In India this thought process doesn't/won't work!

There is no comparison in the domestic cricket structure of Australia and India. Australian domestic system is much closer to international cricket whereas Indian Ranji trophy isn't even up the standard of club cricket which Australians have.
Err...so what ? thats the excuse for random decision-making to selection and lacking accountability ? how do you expect the FC system to improve when Indian selectors dont pay any attention to FC cricket performances in the first place ? Accountability in selection is the most direct route for sorting out FC competetiveness, as proven by the rise of OZ FC system based on their record of most test players in the last 20 years comming to the intl. level on back of performance.
In India this thought process doesn't/won't work!
it doesnt work because system lacks accountability. it lacks accountability because of our dumb and arbitary way of going for 'talunt' over performance. When your promotion is not based on how well you do your job, there is little incentive to do your job to the best of your ability. story of Indian cricket.
irony is, u understand some complicated shyte on the GD, but not this simple sport...
So simple that my perspective is reflected by the most successful team of our generation and yor perspective is reflected by the biggest under-achieving team of our generation. Wow ! some 'understanding' there, chump!
it wasnt an assumption - it was my VERDICT.
A verdict based on assumption is still an assumption in itself. Duh!!
When your promotion is not based on how well you do your job, there is little incentive to do your job to the best of your ability. story of Indian cricket.
for tht, ur previous job should be close enuf to ur promoted job.... if u are doing plumbing and ur promotion will make u a carpenter... u dont see, how good of a plumber u r... but u would rather see how much potential u have as a carpenter.... indian domestic cricket is faaaaaar away from international cricket.... take it from a guy who has attended a lot of domestic matches since u were a baby....
Quote: irony is, u understand some complicated shyte on the GD, but not this simple sport... So simple that my perspective is reflected by the most successful team of our generation
following the aussie team for the past 5 yrs aint gonna cut it at this level of discussion.... u need more knowledge and better perspective.....
for tht, ur previous job should be close enuf to ur promoted job.... if u are doing plumbing and ur promotion will make u a carpenter... u dont see, how good of a plumber u r... but u would rather see how much potential u have as a carpenter....
Wow..that makes no sense at all...just like your kumble = 125kph extrapolation out of thin air. A bowler isnt being selected to do the job of a batsman or vice versa so this carpenter-plumber analogy is nothing more than boolsheet.
indian domestic cricket is faaaaaar away from international cricket..
And it will *always* remain so long as we go by arbitary 'talunt' based promotions over results-based promotion as the rule of thumb. A simple fact that i gather most indian cricket fans and administrators don't understand.
following the aussie team for the past 5 yrs aint gonna cut it at this level of discussion.... u need more knowledge and better perspective.....
I've been following cricket for a lot longer than your 5 year comment.
more mumbo-jumbo...
it wont be mumbo-jumbo if you learnt some English ! Still confused like the Kumble=125 kph 'genius' extrapolation of your's ? :haha:
Err...so what ? thats the excuse for random decision-making to selection and lacking accountability ? how do you expect the FC system to improve when Indian selectors dont pay any attention to FC cricket in the first place ? Accountability in selection is the most direct route for sorting out FC competetiveness, as proven by the rise of OZ FC system based on their record of most test players in the last 20 years comming to the intl. level on back of performance. it doesnt work because system lacks accountability. it lacks accountability because of our dumb and arbitary way of going for 'talunt' over performance. When your promotion is not based on how well you do your job, there is little incentive to do your job to the best of your ability. story of Indian cricket.
Thats not so. If the domestic structure is good, pitches are good, just 6-7 teams in the entire country in competition, then the domestic performance will carry weight. Right now the competition is horribly diluted. Many teams don't even a single decent player, let alone worl class. Everyone knows this fact--BCCI, selectors, players! No one can't do anything because the BCCI is an elected body and because the parties need votes, they go on creating more and more associations, which further sinks the domestic cricket to unimaginable low. If one takes these performances into account and then select the team accordingly, they'll fail to beat even UAE.
And it will *always* remain so long as we go by arbitary 'talunt' based promotions over results-based promotion as the rule of thumb. A simple fact that i gather most indian cricket fans and administrators don't understand..
pretty deep shyte, considering it comes from a rookie....
Quote: Originally Posted by gator viewpost.gif following the aussie team for the past 5 yrs aint gonna cut it at this level of discussion.... u need more knowledge and better perspective..... I've been following cricket for a lot longer than your 5 year comment.
doesnt seem like it....
Thats not so. If the domestic structure is good, pitches are good, just 6-7 teams in the entire country in competition, then the domestic performance will carry weight. Right now the competition is horribly diluted. Many teams don't even a single decent player, let alone worl class. Everyone knows this fact--BCCI, selectors, players! No one can't do anything because the BCCI is an elected body and because the parties need votes, they go on creating more and more associations, which further sinks the domestic cricket to unimaginable low. If one takes these performances into account and then select the team accordingly, they'll fail to beat even UAE.
The point you are missing is that domestic cricket won't improve simply by us wanting it to improve or us whining about it (which we are worldclass at, btw). A company does not become 'profitable' without accountability. In cricketing terms here, the company is FC cricket, profit is producing worldclass players and accountability is having a consistent selection criteria. FC performances will improve only when Indian FC players realize that it is their FC performances that will land them a spot in the team and not some arbitary 'talunt' guage where one bandaa says '130kph' and the other goes ' i want a 90mph bowler or else its all faltoo'. This is not very hard to understand, really. current FC players have very little incentive to compete at their best in FC level because thanks to our cluelessness in managing cricket, we go by some arbitary 'talunt' over performance, not to mention, contacts, greased palms and zonal politics all come before the consistency and professionalism of a peformance-based system.