A list of some utterly Asinine and Hideous statements made by the Bradman Fanatics

Guest BossBhai

CEL Ambrose (WI) remove CEL Ambrose (WI) from query or AA Donald (SA) remove AA Donald (SA) from query or GD McGrath (Aus) remove GD McGrath (Aus) from query or SM Pollock (SA) remove SM Pollock (SA) from query or Shoaib Akhtar (Pak) remove Shoaib Akhtar (Pak) from query or Waqar Younis (Pak) remove Waqar Younis (Pak) from query or Wasim Akram (Pak) lol at the list of bowlers . From when onwards has Shoaib chuktar become the Beshtest bowler of the 90s ? And waqar younis , well he averages a massive 48 against the Indians ......... couldnt even trouble us as a side then how does he manage to trouble Tendulkar with his ruthless average of 48 ? 8 wickets in 4 tests against India with an average of 48 . Ambrose yeah another champion bowler but never dismissed Tendulkar in his entire test career but he pwns Tendulkar due to some reason supported by Lahori Logic . In most of the Indo-Pak in the 90s clashes it was Saqlain who was causing problems for Tendulkar and not the phasht bowlers but somehow they are being credited for the dismissals .

Just as Lara has failed in comparison to Flower. So yeah if you accept that Flower > Lara and SRT then we can talk. Whether you provide straight answers or not is immaterial. I already got my answer given how you are trying to avoid the topic.
He played 14/20 tests against Pakistan leaving only a couple of tests on an avg against the others 3 teams Aus, RSA and WI. Hardly enough data for fair comparison. But where we have sufficient data in case of Waugh, Lara and SRT..you think its a good idea to tire out someone with illogical comparisons. Well ....
Will get there eventually. One by one. Lets finish the Batting Avg vs fast bowlers. Trust me I aint going anywhere. But in the meanwhile maybe you can get the formula that was used to do this ranking and post some better images. Cant see much.
The answer is your own point made above.I already got my answer given how you are trying to avoid the topic. Must be an anomaly that an ATG can be No.1 for only 3 /22 years. Apparently all objective measures that thoroughly expose SRT are anomalies. Maybe no " ATG " sportsman let alone cricketer has been as thoroughly exposed by anomalies. I know friend, you ain't going anywhere. You seem like an old timer whose tried and tested method is to go around in circles, tire out and bore someone to death, prove nothing, zilch, and then claim to have won ! It is identical to the approach you take to BIG SRT, I lasted till the last, played more and scored more so I am better ! In this case I rest my case on this topic as I neither have the time nor patience to go around in circles.
When was the last time this exercise was done and by who and what was the criteria ? Details please.
12 years onto SRT's career. When he had played past his dominant best. Please do your own research, if you happen to be a cricket follower.
I will if you tell me how you have done the same in the Lara vs Tendulkar comparison. You conveniently forgot to list a whole bunch of fast bowlers that Tendulkar played but Lara never did. Why is that ?
Could it be because Lara retired 5-6 years back from test cricket and did not get to face them ? Could it be because how many apart from them have 250+ wickets at an avg below 25 and strike rate close to 50 ? Well SRT got plenty of chances 47 tests to be precise !
You can pretend all you want that it is no big deal but deep down you very well know that your fav player could not cut it for long. Its a very simple case of lara not having the goods to succeed. Tendulkar Does. Advantage Tendulkar and another feather in his cap. Heck no franchise even wanted to play BCL in the IPL. End of story.
Yes. Yes. One can prove oneself only can have enough motivation to play till 40. it matters jack how you play when you actually did. I believe the oldest test cricketer played in is 50's ..lets see if SRT can play till that long and " have the goods to succeed " till that age.
PWNZERED ! :cantstop:
At least learn to see the big picture: he did not pawn me but he pawned you along with himself He thinks that bowlers stats are absurd so how is he going to support you when you say DGB>SRT based on bowlers faced? And since you think he pawned me then you think your own argument is absurd, which is what my original point is :giggle: The purpose of that stats is for SRT fanatics to shiver when someone even mentions bowling attack (or even the term attack) ..... as expected, you guys are playing right into my hands by saying such stats are absurd :doh: ..... ..... Pawned :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
CEL Ambrose (WI) remove CEL Ambrose (WI) from query or AA Donald (SA) remove AA Donald (SA) from query or GD McGrath (Aus) remove GD McGrath (Aus) from query or SM Pollock (SA) remove SM Pollock (SA) from query or Shoaib Akhtar (Pak) remove Shoaib Akhtar (Pak) from query or Waqar Younis (Pak) remove Waqar Younis (Pak) from query or Wasim Akram (Pak) lol at the list of bowlers . From when onwards has Shoaib chuktar become the Beshtest bowler of the 90s ? And waqar younis , well he averages a massive 48 against the Indians ......... couldnt even trouble us as a side then how does he manage to trouble Tendulkar with his ruthless average of 48 ? 8 wickets in 4 tests against India with an average of 48 . Ambrose yeah another champion bowler but never dismissed Tendulkar in his entire test career but he pwns Tendulkar due to some reason supported by Lahori Logic . In most of the Indo-Pak in the 90s clashes it was Saqlain who was causing problems for Tendulkar and not the phasht bowlers but somehow they are being credited for the dismissals .
What you say matters not, numbers speak for themselves. 20 point dip in averages bringing down average to 38 when great bowlers are playing the other side. Sample data 47 tests.
What you say matters not' date=' numbers speak for themselves. 20 point dip in averages bringing down average to 38 when great bowlers are playing the other side. Sample data 47 tests.[/quote'] Ok and what about this ? http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/52337.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=default;player_involve=1775;player_involve=1935;player_involve=2011;player_involve=2101;player_involve=2228;player_involve=5649;template=results;type=allround Sachin averages 39 and Lara averages 42 , its not like Lara averages 100 against the same set of bowlers ? Lara has played against one bowler short as Ambrose belonged to his one team , Sachin one extra .
At least learn to see the big picture: he did not pawn me but he pawned you along with himself He thinks that bowlers stats are absurd so how is he going to support you when you say DGB>SRT based on bowlers faced? And since you think he pawned me then you think your own argument is absurd, which is what my original point is :giggle: The purpose of that stats is for SRT fanatics to shiver when someone even mentions bowling attack (or even the term attack) ..... as expected, you guys are playing right into my hands by saying such stats are absurd :doh: ..... ..... Pawned :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
I never indulge in DGB v/s SRT debates because it is not possible to compare players of such different eras . Coming back to the point , do you think Waugh has dominated Muralithran ? Average of 19 in SL but overall 60 thanks to a knock of 131 * on a pitch that had nothing to offer to the visiting spinners , typical aussie track . Do you think Murali would ever claim that Waugh dominated him by playing a single good knock on a lifeless home pitch while he was falling all around at the pitches that offered help to the spinners ?
Ok and what about this ? http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/52337.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=default;player_involve=1775;player_involve=1935;player_involve=2011;player_involve=2101;player_involve=2228;player_involve=5649;template=results;type=allround Sachin averages 39 and Lara averages 42 , its not like Lara averages 100 against the same set of bowlers ? Lara has played against one bowler short as Ambrose belonged to his one team , Sachin one extra .
And my point is that ..that is a HUGE dip from his career average which only highlights that for someone who is supposedly so great..how could he fall so low against the best bowlers. It is one thing to fall so low from career avg when pitted against the best of the best, it is another to not even outdo your best peers over nearly 15 years against the greatest of fast bowlers. That is if you are so great and so cut above the rest..as SRT is touted to be. Alas !
And my point is that ..that is a HUGE dip from his career average which only highlights that for someone who is supposedly so great..how could he fall so low against the greatest fast bowlers of his era. It is one thing to fall so low from career avg when pitted against the best of the best, it is another to not even outdo your best peers over nearly 15 years against the greatest of fast bowlers. That is if you are so great and so cut above the rest..as SRT is touted to be. Alas !
And my point is that Flower' date=' Ponting etc have done much better against these bowlers than their career avg . And ofcourse a whole bunch of others have done better than BCL against [b']these bowlers. Does that mean these guys are better players of fast bowling ? And Iam pretty sure you will never answer this question.
What I dont understand is how have Akram and Ambrose pawned Sachin in his career ? Akram only dismissed him once and Ambrose never , thats one Sachin dismissal for both of them combined . Cant get the tall claims that he struggled against these bowlers for 47 matches .
And my point is that Flower, Ponting etc have done much better against these bowlers than their career avg . And ofcourse a whole bunch of others have done better than BCL against these bowlers. Does that mean these guys are better players of fast bowling ? And Iam pretty sure you will never answer this question.
For the 4th time. Flower and others have had nothing more than 2 matches to show against most of these bowlers and hence not an appropriate comparison. SRT's other most comparable peers..outdo him so , therefore it becomes invalid and we try and project "anomalies " by getting in players who have done better but hardly played a comparable number of knocks...Poor strategy bossbhai. Ponting is not etc... considering his entire career, he is arguably the most dominating player of fast bowling since Viv Richards. His knocks against charged up Paki trio attacks at their peak in the 99 series and Donald and Company are a sight to behold. Best hooker by far since the days of Haynes and GG. Did struggle for a series against Ambrose when he started off though...
I remember that S Waugh has a pathetic record in Sri Lanka where he averages only 16 yet the flawed table above shows that he has absolutely pwned the likes of Muralitharan and Vaas. Further digging of stats reveals that Waugh has played 4 matches against Muralitharan and averages 60 against him . In 3 matches played in Sri Lanka against Muralitharan , Waugh scored 52 runs at average of 19 http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/8192.html?class=1;template=results;type=batting http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/8192.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=default;player_involve=2041;template=results;type=allround But made up for his poor average in only match he played against Muralitharan in Australia by scoring a Mammoth 131 * and hiked his overall average to 60 with the help of just one inning batting in home conditions of Australia which offer zero assistance to the visiting spinners . How can this be dominance of any kind ? Its like a FTB Indian Batsmen being a Bunny of Anderson in cloudy conditions of England who after a few years makes up for all the failures in England by scoring a mammoth score on phatta track of Ahmedabaad against Anderson who gets nothing from the wicket and few years later his fans claim that Anderson was absolutely pawned by that FTB Batsman . Is this what would you call as Waugh's domination of Murali and Co ? His stats against Vaas are exactly the same , failing away and bashing at home . These one bowler stats are absurd .
why did you waste your time on that^? The stats I gave says it all. It is for when the bowling attacks have two of their best bowlers bowling. It is not when x bowled and when y bowled, but when x+y bowled. What this signifies is that the bowlers and bowling attack being discussed is of some quality And that list is not reflected to show how a batsman dominated all the attacks but how he fares at the end of the day after facing all those attack. He may have done exceptionally well against some bowling attacks and badly against others. Which is what is reflected in the final avg, which is 46 for Waugh. What do you mean he made up for his poor performance in SL? That's what good batsman do! :doh: While it is good to know that you remember Waugh, which everyone here does, but what's important is what you are forgetting, i.e. SRT performance vs Murali and Mendis, where he avg less than 20 .... LINK .... So it is not like SRT had guns blazing. What you did for Waugh, you can do for most batsman, for e.g. SRT playing against Mendis in SL. Do you want me to do stats and say that SRT is not good because he did this or that when Mendis was playing? If I include Murali-Mendis pair, SRT's avg will fall further. The reason for not including this pair is because I wanted to pick those pairs which most of the batsmen in that group had played and also wanted to pick one best from each of those five countries.
brah ... he just told you the same thing me and others have been saying in a more detailed manner : i.e these stats mean nothing. If I put enuff time into that Garbage stat i will dig many more holes in your theory and pawn you using your own stat. Ouch :hehe:
Thus your bowlers list and videos are irrelevant :giggle:
I never indulge in DGB v/s SRT debates because it is not possible to compare players of such different eras . Coming back to the point , do you think Waugh has dominated Muralithran ? Average of 19 in SL but overall 60 thanks to a knock of 131 * on a pitch that had nothing to offer to the visiting spinners , typical aussie track . Do you think Murali would ever claim that Waugh dominated him by playing a single good knock on a lifeless home pitch while he was falling all around at the pitches that offered help to the spinners ?
Read post # 277 And if we go by what Murali says then he rates Lara has the best :winky: