A list of some utterly Asinine and Hideous statements made by the Bradman Fanatics

Guest BossBhai

^^ Good writeup by Bumper. But his bottomline

Bumper: Just look around competitive sports & you will see this in almost every sport - the gap between the modern greats and their rivals is closing. It is simply impossible for modern sportsmen to achieve the kind of domination over their peers that oldies managed.
But it is factually incorrect In Tennis, which is a far far more competitive global sport Federer was unstoppable till like 3 years ago. And mind you, a top flight tennis player's career is generally no more than 10-12 years or a little over half of a top flight batter. Federer won some 13 grand slams in 6 years between 2003-2008 which is more than half of the grand slams played for 6 years !! He also created the world record for maximum consecutive weeks of No.1 rankings. If this is not domination, what is ! So it is perhaps incorrect of Bumper to say that modern sportsmen cannot achieve the domination of oldies. And I am sure there are alot of other Olympic level sports where the once in many a generation athletes well and truely dominate the field as much as oldies ever did or more than that ! Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt come to mind immediately.
Happy new year to BB,Lurker,Rett and other reguler contributers to this thread...Let us bring new new logics for new year.. Bhagawantha nimmanella chennagittirali :two_thumbs_up:
New logic is pretty simple: No one (except the SRT fanatics) really cares if SRT>Lara or Lara > SRT as long as it is assumed that someone like DBG is in a league of his own
Yeah Chucktar has to be removed. And Walsh, Steyn need to be included. SRT thus averages 42.40 against the 8 ATG fast bowlers of his time. Lara IIRC averages about the same against the 5 ATGs he faced-McG/Akram/Waqar/Pollock/Donald. EDIT: Just checked. Lara averages a gargantuan 0.33 runs more than Sachin against the ATG phaaast bowlers he faced. Hence Lara>SRT. Case closed.
Guys like Steyn should not be taken into account when comparing Lara vs SRT as we mainly have to take bowlers that both of them faced. 2008 onwards is mainly for the new crop of batsmen when we will be doing this for folks 10 yrs later Also if we take the new crop of bowlers, SRR vs other Indian batsmen:
Vs steyn-morkel, murali-mendis, anderson-board					
	M	I	No	R	Avg
Gautam	12	22	0	1135	51.59
Sehwag	15	27	1	1339	51.50
Dravid	15	28	3	1187	47.48
Sachin	15	27	2	963	38.52
Laxman	16	28	3	941	37.64
Taking bowlers that mainly both Lara and Tendulkar played, with two best from each team playing (to signify the strength of the bowling attack), we get the below:
	M	I	No	R	Avg
BCLara	36	68	3	3370	51.85
sWaugh	42	66	7	2745	46.53
Inzama	33	56	3	2365	44.62
Anwar	20	33	0	1402	42.48
Sachin	29	49	1	2020	42.08
mWaugh	39	63	2	2408	39.48
Flower	24	44	7	1396	37.73
Dravid	33	58	4	2034	37.67

vs Aus: w/ McGrath and Warne
vs Pak: w/ Wasim and Waqar
vs SA: w/ Donald and Pollock
vs SL: w/ Murali and Vaas
vs WI: w/ Ambrose and Walsh 

rett dude do you even watch cricket? you're so similar to a padosi poster who spends all his time number-crunching exercise..at least that guy was honest enough to admit it.
I hv similar thoughts for srt fanatics, who I rate < padosi posters
time to come out of the rock ... hell yeah there is SRT vs DGB ...Now what ? :laugh:
what else but folks like you keep getting pawned like "ghad toh aya nahin aur sher bhi gaya"
and whats this got to do with pure cricketing skills ? :hmmm: Cue : BCL made n runs when the sun was shinning and x was bowling :laugh:
we all saw pure cricketing skiils in SL vs Murali-Mendis :dance:
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1763424&postcount=191 Now go back to your favourite statsguru and come up with another meaningless stat comparing SRT with another batsman..who knows it might be MoYo this time around lol
you have the nack of picking some of the dumbest things said and presenting it as if it makes sense .... only guys who would agree with you are likes of Sachinism, xyzs, trqansparants of the world, whose existence means little :giggle: earlier too, you had asked me to responds to some dumb stats which had been addressed to and what was interesting was that one of the quotes was suggesting that bowling stats were not all and while the other was suggesting srt to be better on some cherry picked criteria .... I can understand your enthusiasm to show how wrong the rett dude is but at least use some brains and hv the sense to know that you should not posts stats that basically cancel out each other w/o even me responding :doh: anyways, keep going .... there is a reason why the world has fanatics
you forgot the doggy with its tail between the legs :winky: so the last time when Bradman faced a Muraliesque bowler in Ind/SL was when and what was the no.of runs scored ? ohhh wait I know the answer : Big fat ZIPPO, SHUNYA, NADA, ZILCH, SIFAR,MINDA,POOJI , AANDA :cantstop: :laugh: :hysterical:
Likes of sachdan will agree with your post above and even think it is a great response :hysterical: