I Told You So

Zooter

I'd hate to toot my own horn, but my consternations about the Hindu right-wing's idiotic policy of cozying up to the American religious right-wing are being justified as we speak. Here is the perfect reason why Bush ain't your man: http://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070714/main8.htm and if you want to watch it actually happen, here you go: [googlevideo]1269825581584207792[/googlevideo] The real problem for India is that it can't side with the American religious right-wing NOR can it side with the Democrats as they are all "New World Order" stooges who support privately controlled international institutions like the U.N., World Bank and the IMF which actively try to destory the national-sovereignty of nations (i.e. the Asian Financial Crises--ask ANY Southeast Asian who was to blame for that fiasco). So, the problem becomes (?), ... if we can't trust the Bushies and if we can't trust the Clintons (who will BELIEVE ME, actively work to push for banking privitization of not just the Reserve Bank of India, but for all nations), ... who can India trust??? The answer (my new hero): http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ about-ron.jpgservice.jpgcongressional-record.jpg Mark my words: this guy will KILL PRIVATE CENTRAL BANKING. He respects national sovereignty and will be India's best friend! If you're a Indo-Yankee like me ... ... VOTE RON PAUL!!!

If that works for you gai--then yes--vote Rao Patel. On a serious note though--this campaign is gonna rise from the soil with both fists up. God I hope we don't get another CFR stooge for a President. In fact, even Bill Clinton admitted that once he became President, the people behind the scenes started exerting power over him. He called it Invisible Power or that he himself was an Invisible President or something. I think he was referring to the banking interests (Rockefeller-Rothschild nexus, etc. etc.). He openly admitted that he realized that he was more of a stooge than he thought.

I like the guy .. but no way he's gonna be selected by the republican base
Yeah--our biggest fear is that the Republicans will shut him out of the debates. But I gotta tell you--this campaign is growing like hell. I think Vegas (yes they do this for sports and for politics during election seasons) was giving him like 200:1 odds; it was then reduced to 15:1, and now they're saying that he is the only candidate who can beat a leading Democratic candidate like Obama or Hillary (or even Edwards). Dr. Paul even out raised McCain the recent quarter and has more cash on hand than McCain right now! No joke Varun--this is now getting serious. There are candidates that have no chance in hell--like a Kucinich or a Tom Tancredo--but Ron Paul no longer falls into that category. The current crop of Republican candidates are utter clowns. Mitt Romney :haha: ... Giuliani ... that moron of a racist :hysterical:. Vegas is now officially saying that none of them will be able to take on Hillary or even Obama. In fact, there was a recent straw poll taken in New Hampshire ... guess who got 65% of the vote!!! I can't wait for these primaries to start.

I like this guy Ron Paul. Specially like the fact how he wants to do away with all those bleedies IRS, FEMA etc etc. I am surprised as to how many people support Ron Paul. If this supports turns out as well as it is said to be then he can go the distance. He is easily the best Republican candidate, lot better than Guliani, Romney and everyone else.

I'd hate to toot my own horn, but my consternations about the Hindu right-wing's idiotic policy of cozying up to the American religious right-wing are being justified as we speak. Here is the perfect reason why Bush ain't your man:
Lot of folks here suffer from HISS !:P

I am sorry to say, but Ron Paul is not even going to come close to a presidential nomination even. He talks about America being sensible , fair and prudent , both politically and economically. Nobody is going to buy that. Elections are won on emotions , not logic !

I am sorry to say, but Ron Paul is not even going to come close to a presidential nomination even. He talks about America being sensible , fair and prudent , both politically and economically. Nobody is going to buy that. Elections are won on emotions , not logic !
What you say is true for the actual lightweights: the Tommy Thomsons, the Mike Gravels ... candidates that barely appear on the radar. About 6-8 months ago, Ron Paul was in the same mould. But now, ... ... his organization is growing exponentially at the grass roots. It's a wolf in sheep's clothing. The Republican Party would never nominate a genuine non-Establishment candidate like this, but they can't take his name off the ballot if he wins in the primaries; this means all he has to do is beat his idiot Republican competitors who themselves have NO CHANCE against Hillary or Hussein Obama (yeah that's his name ... Barack Hussein Obama). And I honestly don't think it's gonna be that tough beating fag Mitt Romney, goombah paisan Giuliani, welfare-case McCain (who has already run out of money :hysterical:), and the other no-name retards. Damn, ... this election is turning out to be a CRACKER :giggle:

And I honestly don't think it's gonna be that tough beating fag Mitt Romney, goombah paisan Giuliani, welfare-case McCain (who has already run out of money :hysterical:), and the other no-name retards. Damn, ... this election is turning out to be a CRACKER :giggle:
Does he have the money/support to sustain a presidential campaign ? I dont think so. And he sure does seems to lack the charisma. Ron Paul maybe a good candidate per say, but he isnt going to win.

Does he have the money/support to sustain a presidential campaign ? I dont think so.
He does not have as much money as Romney, Obama, Clinton, Edwards or Giuliani. But he does have more money than McCain and all the other lesser candidates like Tancredo or Kucinich. Think of the "Top Tier" candidates as Maharaja elites, Ron Paul as upper middle class and everyone else as Majoors. As for the support, he actually has more ralleys and more people following him at Meet-Up groups (more than any other candidate) and Town Hall meetings than all the other candidates. And in terms of staff and volunteers, at this stage, no one has the support for the Presidental campaign--every campaign is in it's building stage. The thing is, his is expanding exponentially whereas others are dropping off (e.g. Gilmore just ended his run). For example, McCain has fired 4 of his top political Managers--these were close personal friends of his for decades (people are suspecting that there was a huge internal fight and that's why they divorced). And he just can't replace them--that would be like Hillary trying to replace Bubba if he disappeared. McCain also has no money for a road campaign anymore and so he has scrapped his "Straight Talk Express" Bus and now travels almost solo in Economy Class on US Air. Paul on the other hand, QUADRUPLED his revenue last quarter. In the most recent Iowa Meeting on Tax Policy (Iowans for Tax Relief), the organizers shut him out; and so his supporters raided the Hall in numbers more than the entire Hall put together and Paul gave a speech solo at at different location to a crowd larger than that assembled for the "Establishment" ralley.
And he sure does seems to lack the charisma.
:DI wish you hadn't said that, MM. That's like claiming Sachin has no class. You should see the reaction Ron Paul gets after he finishes speaking. Since Bill Clinton, he is the only political candidate who holds a crowd in the palm of his hands; but Bubba used to do so cause he's a slick little chingus. It's Paul's honesty that attracts people.

He does not have as much money as Romney, Obama, Clinton, Edwards or Giuliani. But he does have more money than McCain and all the other lesser candidates like Tancredo or Kucinich. Think of the "Top Tier" candidates as Maharaja elites, Ron Paul as upper middle class and everyone else as Majoors.
Some of the things that you have mentioned are quite impressive. But my bone of contention is --- " How long can he sustain it ? " . Its common knowledge that Hillary and Obama are way infont of anybody else in campaign funding. As the D-day draws, Paul is sure to find himself short in matching the heavyweight democrats in publicity. And i would dearly like to know what is Paul's position vis-a-vis the conservative republicans. Bush draws a majority of his support from the christian heartland ( Louisiana , Utah etc.) with his tough stand on issues such as abortionand stem cell research. Unless Ron Paul strikes a similar tone, there is no way he is going to win the support the conservative republicans.
I wish you hadn't said that, MM. That's like claiming Sachin has no class. You should see the reaction Ron Paul gets after he finishes speaking. Since Bill Clinton, he is the only political candidate who holds a crowd in the palm of his hands; but Bubba used to do so cause he's a slick little chingus. It's Paul's honesty that attracts people.
Zooter , I am not saying he isnt a good speaker. But seeing his speech , i just feel he lacks the "X-factor" that a presidential candidate must have. He doesnt seem to have the eloquence of a Clinton , or the flow of of a Tony Blair. This will play a HUGE role once the presidential debates season starts. And dont forget , Al Gore may make a late comback into the campaign too. After all, if there is ONE democrat who has more charisma than either Clinton or Obama , its him. How does Paul match up against Gore ?

Some of the things that you have mentioned are quite impressive. But my bone of contention is --- " How long can he sustain it ? " . Its common knowledge that Hillary and Obama are way infont of anybody else in campaign funding. As the D-day draws' date=' Paul is sure to find himself short in matching the heavyweight democrats in publicity.[/quote'] Actually, the common knowledge is wrong. Romney ® has more money than Obama or Hillary and Edwards has more personal wealth than anyone (that's why he doesn't need to raise as much from donors). The D-Day is the primary voting (not the general election which is still far away). First you need to be nominated by the Republican Party. And so the question becomes: will Paul have the money to win the Primaries? Short answer is 'I don't know'--but if the treadline continues (and barring any McCain-like catastrophes), YES he will have more than enough money for advertising and other campaign nonsense.
And i would dearly like to know what is Paul's position vis-a-vis the conservative republicans. Bush draws a majority of his support from the christian heartland ( Louisiana ' date=' Utah etc.) with his tough stand on issues such as abortionand stem cell research. Unless Ron Paul strikes a similar tone, there is no way he is going to win the support the conservative republicans. [/quote'] omg ... Actually, Bush has lost almost ALL support. His approval rating is in the 20%s (and has been for months now--down from his solid low 30%s) and Republicans lost last year's Midterm elections losing their majority in Congress. There is not a single Republican candidate that elicits Bush in a speech nor seeks his support (or Cheney's or Rumsfeld's). They are all running as far away from that neo-con crowd as possible. Having Bush on the stage with another Republican candidate is basically considered the Kiss Of Death for that candidate. The conservatives your are thinking of are the Jesus Freaks. And BELIEVE ME ... ... THEY CONSTITUTE A TINY MINORITY!!!! NO JOKE. The actual conservatives are actually looking for a decent candidate whom they can confidently support. The 'Cletus Joe-Bob Jesus Freaks' support Bush no matter what and they constitute the smallest portion of the electorate. Even if they don't vote for a certain candidate, that candidate can still win by a landslide. The true Republican conservatives are just now discovering Ron Paul--and that consituency outnumbers everyone in America--the Blacks, the Jesus-Freaks, the liberals, EVERYONE. Trust me, the average conservative supported (past tense) Bush 8 years ago; now ... they hate him like you wouldn't belive--and Ron Paul is scooping them up county by county. I'm a freaking liberal Democrat and he's converted me! :D
Zooter ' date=' I am not saying he isnt a good speaker. But seeing his speech , i just feel he lacks the "X-factor" that a presidential candidate must have. He doesnt seem to have the eloquence of a Clinton , or the flow of of a Tony Blair.[/quote'] Agreed. He's not slick. But you don't need slick to win over people. Think about it: has anybody on this thread disliked his speaking style (including you)?? Just multiply that by some factor of a million. That video I posted above is just 1 snippet of like an hour long speech that he gave eloquently and in honesty. After people watch him, they just end up liking him. And if you don't believe me--think of Bush. Can't talk worth sh*t, but his "I'm an idiot just like you" style makes people comfortable and the morons end up liking him.
And dont forget ' date=' Al Gore may make a late comback into the campaign too. After all, if there is ONE democrat who has more charisma than either Clinton or Obama , its him. How does Paul match up against Gore ?[/quote'] Gore and charisma are oil and water. Even Democrats (i.e. Me) make fun of his robotic style. This is just a political fact: Gore has about as much charisma as Bush does speaking eloquence. Just think of it ... Gore couldn't make little Georgie Bush look bad in the previous Presidental debates. I mean ?!?!!?! could it get any easier for him ?!?!!?!?!? Gore versus Anybody ... ... put a broken refrigerator behind a podium ... ... and the fridge wins. I think the real test might be Fred Thomson--the Actor--if he throws his hat in.

How much money does he have' date=' how much did he raise last quarter? Typically you have to be the number 1 or 2 to get the nomination, otherwise you are just another nice guy,[/quote'] Last quarter he had between 2 and 2.5 million on hand. The thing is ... he doesn't spend it. He doesn't need to. Nowhere close to Obama's 30 million, but enough to get by for now. He can achieve with 15 million what Hillary will need 100 million to do. That is pretty much known by everyone. It was that Vegas odds thing--I heard it on the radio. When Vegas gave him 15:1 (already!), I almost swerved off the road. 15:1 is pretty respectable at this early stage. And those professional gamblers know their sh*t.

Actually Yoda, You need votes for the nomination--not money :D. In the most recent New Hampshire straw poll (practice election), he got 65% of the vote. #2 was Fooliani with 25 or so. Keep watching that Iowa straw poll--that will be a good indicator of the nature of the Presidental race.

In America more than elsewhere, like the EU, it seems.

I'd hate to toot my own horn' date=' but my consternations about the Hindu right-wing's idiotic policy of cozying up to the American religious right-wing are being justified as we speak. Here is the perfect reason why Bush ain't your man:[/quote'] Heh, even when I bought into Hindu nationalism, I wasnt stupid enough to think Republicans were the friends of Hinduism. Their evangelist benefactors spend billions each year trying to stir up militant fundamentalism in India. So this comes as no suprise.

The conservatives your are thinking of are the Jesus Freaks. And BELIEVE ME ... ... THEY CONSTITUTE A TINY MINORITY!!!! NO JOKE. The actual conservatives are actually looking for a decent candidate whom they can confidently support. The 'Cletus Joe-Bob Jesus Freaks' support Bush no matter what and they constitute the smallest portion of the electorate. Even if they don't vote for a certain candidate, that candidate can still win by a landslide. The true Republican conservatives are just now discovering Ron Paul--and that consituency outnumbers everyone in America--the Blacks, the Jesus-Freaks, the liberals, EVERYONE.
I think you are vastly under-estimating the role of the "christian heartland" in american elections Zooter. These are wealthy upper class americans who contribute MAJORLY towards election funds. If you want to run an effective election campaign , you must get these people on your side , especially if you are republican. And Bush has done all he can to keep these people on his side, from appointing a conservative supreme court judge to calling the war on terror as a "Crusade". Though, its an open question to whether he still has the support of these people
Agreed. He's not slick. But you don't need slick to win over people. Think about it: has anybody on this thread disliked his speaking style (including you)?? Just multiply that by some factor of a million. That video I posted above is just 1 snippet of like an hour long speech that he gave eloquently and in honesty. After people watch him, they just end up liking him. And if you don't believe me--think of Bush. Can't talk worth sh*t, but his "I'm an idiot just like you" style makes people comfortable and the morons end up liking him.
There is HUGE difference between people liking Ron Paul and people going on election day to vote for him. As I said earlier , his campaign issues seem to surprisingly moderate. I doubt if that will touch a chord with the electorate. Bush won the 2004 election PURELY on the basis of the Iraq war , since americans felt "here was the president who is willing to fight the enemy , wherever he is , to protect us". I would say the Iraq war was a master-stroke on part of Bush. Its very rare to see people replacing the commander-in-chief in the middle of a war.
Gore and charisma are oil and water. Even Democrats (i.e. Me) make fun of his robotic style. This is just a political fact: Gore has about as much charisma as Bush does speaking eloquence. Just think of it ... Gore couldn't make little Georgie Bush look bad in the previous Presidental debates. I mean ?!?!!?! could it get any easier for him ?!?!!?!?!? Gore versus Anybody ... ... put a broken refrigerator behind a podium ... ... and the fridge wins.
Zooter , Gore got the better of Bush in 2000. We all know that. If Florida's ballot counting had been done fairly , we would have had a democrat as a president from 2000. And i am bit surprised you say he doesnt have any flair. Did you read the article that came on the Time magazine sometime ago , which was alluding to how Gore was running a very successful climate-protection campaign and how the crowds are so impressed with him that there are many calls for him to run for president. And given his business contacts with Apple and Google , Gore would have no problems racking up the millions required to run. I think you have underestimated Gore a bit here.