I Told You So

Zooter

Even in parliamentary democracies it is possible for the party with fewer votes to come to power while the party with more votes ends up with fewer seats. In fact, it has happened in India quite often. All parliamentary democracies have this feature, doesn't make them retarded.

Which makes it all implemented democratic systems in the world as far as I know.
True. Some just are 'closer' to populist democracies than others. And America isnt really near the top in this regard-more of a mid-pack runner.

Democracy can be a beginning of civilized society, but by itself is a bane. I like Aaron Russo's blurb on the idea of a democracy: it's where 51% of the people can tell the other 49 what to do. Only a Republic guarantees the rights of the minority and prevents anarchy. Even if you are just 1 person out of 1 billion, your rights as a human being are guaranteed if you live in a Republic. Democratic-Republics are the way to go. :regular_smile:

Some good news: A Republican debate is going to take place at the Univ. of Nevada sponsored by ABC (1 of the top 3 television channels in the U.S. ... the other two being CBS and NBC). Only 4 people have been invited ... the "Top Tier Candidates" ... Rudy Fooliani, John McCain, Mitt Romney and ... ... ... (drumroll please) ... ... Ron Paul. CNN will be having their "You Tube" debate in Sept. with the Republicans (the Democrat version was just recently held) and only 2 people have signed up: McCain and Ron Paul. Why??? Because, according to the media's opinion, ... the "Top Tier Candidates" are scared and choosing not to participate in a format that could make them look bad. :hysterical: McCain and Giuliani are DROPPING OUT of the Iowa primaries because they both fear losing (i.e. not coming in at #1), so the only two candidates that have a shot are: Mitt Romney and Ron Paul. AND TRUST ME ... Romney has NO CHANCE IN HELL. (In Iowa or New Hampshire for that matter). ... ... Even South Carolina is turning as far as I can tell. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- And for some "War on Terror" News: Looks like the American military is now purposefully killing its own ... ... bravo "greatest force on the Earth" ... bravo :congrats:: http://www.infowars.com/articles/military/tillman_new_evidence_indicates_tillman_executed.htm