83 All Out

Predator_05

nice video..not often that we get to see videos of cricket played in that era ! Thanks Pred ! P.S - I really do have an odd feeling about Ghavri's action. Looks a bit kinky to me , in slow motion...

Just watched this on Youtube. Chappell and Marsh strangely bowled around the legs....and that stumping by Kirmani...phew! Some quality there! But once again Kapil's banana swing caught and held my attention, allied with his superb accuracy. What a bowler he was! Could swing the ball prodigiously at will in both directions. BTW, noted that MCG 116 by Sachin on Youtube. Superb innings! You lot are getting quite a fan following on Youtube. The 2nd ODI v SA has drawn over 30,000 hits!

No problems wiping the tail out in that one. I enjoyed the look on Greg Chappell's face when he had to leave for a duck. Looks like he avenged his agony with that coaching stint - leaving the team worse than when he found it. Never liked the fellow (no particular reason; he just came across as a jerk).

There is a bit of history in this Test. This is the same Test in which Sunny Gavaskar had thrown toys out of his pram by staging a walk-out alongwith Chetan Chauhan after being declared lbw to Dennis Lillee. This is the same Test in which Kapil Dev took cortisone shots and bowled on the last day. The Doctors had advised him against it but he took injections and helped India skittle Australia for 83 in Australia. This is the same Test in which Kapil once enquired of Dennis Lillee why the latter sledged so much. Lillee had replied something along the lines of that he was a fast bowler and hence very aggressive, Kapil replied in fittest way possible with 5 wicket haul when he was barely fit to walk to the ground. Lillee never mentioned the aggression again. Of course Kapil was barely into the second year as a cricketer. :thumbs_up: