CC's thread for off topic discussion

gorah_pindu

This is NOT about hand drawn or CGI- it is about f*cking it up ! Does a spelling mistake make it a lesser work ? YES ! Does stringing together dialogue in incoherent english make it a lesser work ? YES ! Now apply that to heavy metal.
You just dont get it. Orthadox technical perfection isnt the only standard of artistic achievement. The dancing girl from the Indus Valley ruins is a poor example of lost wax process, yet is no less an artistic achievment than a Chola bronze.
Gulf of difference between submissive and master-slave.
In your eyes. Basically your argument amounts to: "Kids who play fight need psychological treatment, because they are fantasising about killing." :hysterical:
Like i said- i dont play executive commander...infact most of the time, i let HER be the one in charge- doesnt mean i reduce her or allow me to be reduced to a make-believe slave!
For all you know she could be thinking that, but be afraid to tell you, given your opinions.
And you have simply assumed that it isnt bad because it is just so. C'est la vie only goes so far, my dear!
But CC, I never started this whole thing did I now? I was content to keep my opinions to myself knowing they werent definative. You were not. And now, only you can end it.

Heavy Metal = 20/20. Fun, exciting.. technically unsound batsmen can do well, u just need to know how to rock it (hit the ball) hard Classical Music = Test Matches . Slow, critically observed, technically correct ppl are the only ones who excel

Statutory Warning ! CC can go on and on .........:devil_smile:
Unfortunatly, so can I. As Rajeev can attest, ive been willing to carry stuff like this on for days, through thousands of essay like posts if need be :embaressed_smile: I try not to, because it is utterly pointless - debates like this are boring, unfullfilling, and end in fanaticism, with people opposing points for the sake if it. I rather just post stuff about my interests. But someone always invades a thread with some blanket statement or something, and I cannot let it slip.

Orthadox technical perfection isnt the only standard of artistic achievement.
Regardless of how you spin it, making spelling mistakes makes your essay a lower quality one. making mistakes in scales & tune makes your music a lower form. An anime which is unintelligebale in dialogue and cannot get 'hiroka' right from 'goku' is a piece of cr@p because it is making BASIC ERRORS...same with heavy metal. A form of music that is error-ridden to the extreme. Basically because most of them are very poor musicians-it is more to do with the people who perform metal and their incompetence than anything else.
The dancing girl from the Indus Valley ruins is a poor example of lost wax process, yet is no less an artistic achievment than a Chola bronze.
irrelevant comparison- the dancing girl wasnt made with one extra arm sticking outta her ar$e.
"Kids who play fight need psychological treatment, because they are fantasising about killing."
Kids who fixate on it most definitely do.
For all you know she could be thinking that, but be afraid to tell you, given your opinions.
yes...most people are afraid to admit their sickness in one form or another. Self-betterment is a lost process in the west- it inherently assumes that everything is equal.
And now, only you can end it.
Umm okay. The end. happy ?

But someone always invades a thread with some blanket statement or something, and I cannot let it slip.
Learn some music first. then note how 99% of metal band CANNOT perform what they are trying to perform because they SUCK. Then perhaps you will get it.

Unfortunatly, so can I. As Rajeev can attest, ive been willing to carry stuff like this on for days, through thousands of essay like posts if need be :embaressed_smile:
I noticed ! Hence the comment whether CC has finally met his match !
I try not to, because it is utterly pointless - debates like this are boring, unfullfilling, and end in fanaticism, with people opposing points for the sake if it.
Concur with your sentiments. These debates are pointless and waste of time. That's why I generally post small missives rather than the long winding posts.

Regardless of how you spin it, making spelling mistakes makes your essay a lower quality one. making mistakes in scales & tune makes your music a lower form. An anime which is unintelligebale in dialogue and cannot get 'hiroka' right from 'goku' is a piece of cr@p because it is making BASIC ERRORS...same with heavy metal. A form of music that is error-ridden to the extreme. Basically because most of them are very poor musicians-it is more to do with the people who perform metal and their incompetence than anything else. irrelevant comparison- the dancing girl wasnt made with one extra arm sticking outta her ar$e. Kids who fixate on it most definitely do. yes...most people are afraid to admit their sickness in one form or another. Self-betterment is a lost process in the west- it inherently assumes that everything is equal. Umm okay. The end. happy ?
Yeh, an ending usually means you just stop. Since you havent, let us continue. Basically the post above is the biggest crock of **** ive ever heard. In your fanatic desire to prove a point against me, you are bellittling the skill of guitarists that you mostly dont know. Additionally, you didnt at all refute the point I made about artistic achievement being comparible - instead going back to your ideas about technical quality, which as I just emntioned above, used exaggerated examples, that are unrealistic. It begs the question - do you feel the excelent performance of a man who grew up with a guitar is any less an artistic feat than one who had the benefit of classical training in the violin? Because most people analyse achievement in context. If you dont wish to, that is your perogative, but you will forgive me for sticking to my own system, of appretiating talent and artistic accomplishment in context, like most people, and judging the equity of music from within its own parameters, not those set by others. As for your sick willingness to brand everyone who holds a different opinion than yourself mentally ill, it speaks for itself well enough to observers of this debate. Fact is, humans evolved to fixate on things like imaginary violence, so one could infact say someone who dosent is the deviant.

I noticed ! Hence the comment whether CC has finally met his match ! Concur with your sentiments. These debates are pointless and waste of time. That's why I generally post small missives rather than the long winding posts.
I gave up online arguing as well. It's completely pointless.
In my current beliefs at least, you are very wise for doing so gai. And if I had any sense, I would adandon this thread even knowing the taunting 'given up have you?' type comments that would be at my back. So, I will abandon this thread. Thanks for bringing me to my senses.

In your fanatic desire to prove a point against me, you are bellittling the skill of guitarists that you mostly dont know.
I said most- because most of them cant play sh!t. And yes, that includes most of these so-called high profile guitarists. Metallica guy or megadeth for example- their guitar-work is fast & furious but error-strewn like crazy too! ie, a botched piece of shyte mostly!
Additionally, you didnt at all refute the point I made about artistic achievement being comparible - instead going back to your ideas about technical quality, which as I just emntioned above, used exaggerated examples, that are unrealistic.
I did- as i said, if you consider an anime with unintelligable dialogue and completely haywire spelling mistakes in the subtitles to be as good an example of anime as any, then and only then can you bring this argument on the table. My point is, most heavy metal musicians suck- they are just bad musicians who cant play music very well. Which is why they can rarely play what they write without error. I am not saying that heavy metal is a cr@p genre because it just is- it is so because their musicans cant PLAY what they wrote in the first place very well !
do you feel the excelent performance of a man who grew up with a guitar is any less an artistic feat than one who had the benefit of classical training in the violin?
Not really...but if 99% guitarists f*cked up what they were playing, like heavy metal guys do, then yes, i'd consider it to be sh!t
of appretiating talent and artistic accomplishment in context, like most people
But most people cannot appeciate musical talent. if you cant tell whether this chap is playing his thing right or wrong, how do you appreciate it ? this is not about a piece like 'nothing else matters' sucking because the way it was concieved- but because of the way it was PLAYED- when you make 10 mistakes to your own score, you suck. You say you are gonna play 'ta-rum-pum-pum-paa' but you cannot do it and half the time, since you suck, it comes out as 'ta-dum-dum-pum-pdaa'. How is that you != sucking ?? How is that in any way not clear ?? I mean sure- metal with great dextirity..but you wouldnt think it was played WELL...if you knew music..unless you were tone deaf !
As for your sick willingness to brand everyone who holds a different opinion than yourself mentally ill
This is called rhetoric. Nothing more, nothing less. I didnt imply so or say so- i am talking about a specific issue here.
Fact is, humans evolved to fixate on things like imaginary violence, so one could infact say someone who dosent is the deviant.
Only a valid perspective of the nihilist- because this draws from nothing more than the core concepts of absolute moral relativism of nihilism.

CC I would love your opinion on these videos. I posted them earlier but then took them away. German metal band. To me they are as artistic as any classical music player out there. It's all about the type of music someone appreciates. Just because you don't like something does not mean it is cr@p. Yes cr2p for you but not for me :D pNL7nHWhMh0 mfHlA3fmJG0 9_F9bQPt4yU Edit- Someone wrote " snow white nigga!" for that snow white lady :hysterical: youtube comments are funny as hell. I love how people argue about meaningless stuff on youtube as well :hysterical:

Just because you don't like something does not mean it is cr@p.
But my point, is that i don;t like it because it is cr@p ! If you play it badly, how is it NOT cr@p ? The completely off-key f*ckups that metal bands make is pretty commonplace in metal scene and pretty obvious to those who know their music. i don't care what TYPE of music you play- just play & write it well. Dont just simply loop 4 notes over and over again or play something really badly from how its supposed to be played (and how its supposed to be played isnt some high-falutan snobby idea- its all about what YOU wrote ! atleast play your own f*cking piece properly !!!!! If you write ABCD and play EFGH, you suck. period. no amounts of artistic licencse is gonna cover that up in my eyes). Not a very hard concept to understand now, is it ? You may not be able to spot it and hey- thats good for you. I unfortunately can, which is why i am sensetive to music that is poorly played and/or conceived. And i can not because i am some sort of super-whiz, its because i have a mother who is a performing artist in the classical indian scene. She experiments a lot too with her music (and has been pooh-poohed sometimes in the paper by lord snooties) but she doesnt screw it up like 99% metal bands do ! She got irked one day (many years ago) when i said spice girls could sing. She proceeded to educate me over a week in what is music- the basics of it. And only then did i realize how off-key and pedestrian the singing of spice-girls is. I mentioned Dreamtheatre and got pooh-poohed. But the reason i said Dreamtheatre is the best metal band ( that they don't f*ckup their own pieces !) just got ignored and pooh-poohed as personal opinion. All the while, none of the ones arguing here with me are literate in music. Ironic, isnt it ?

What if the person writes XRASZP and then plays XRASZP? :hysterical::D
Then its fine. but that happens like 1% of the time with heavy metal over the course of a song. Which is what makes heavy metal so sh!tty. They are just....bad musicians for most part.

gorah is fellow DT Mod who handles Politics section so yes, I have seen his rally of multiquotes and trying to handle the numerous allegations and bias etc On the other hand, you have CC - 'jack of all trades' It's quite interesting, we have two folks ( both friends ) who lock horns Go on till ya wish, having the last word isn't always required. My request, don't let it reach a stage where you walk out of the site for emotional reasons