Are we gonna win the CB series?

Magneto

Are we gonna win the CB series?  

1. 1.

• Obviously. We are the world champs, and we'll whitewash the Aussies in the finals like last time
    • Errrm. We might win a few games, and manage to get to the finals. Then we'll get smashed.
    • Haha. We'll lose most of our games and get knocked out in the group stages only.

Yes' date=' he is just like a well-cooked, ready to serve player. He really showed a lot of improvement again Finn and co even in India, especially in a match at Mohali where there was something for English pacers. He scored 92 odd there. You r right, he relishes on pitches where there is a bit of bounce and pace. Don't understand the logic behind dropping him in ODIs especially when you selected him in tests and didn't play him even a single match[/quote'] The most ovehyped Indian cricketer in the last few years. Can't score in tour matches, can't score against WI, can't score in recent domestics, played well in a couple of matches and have become a hero. ODI average (as an operner) - 30 :hehe: List A average - 37 T20I average - 31 T20 average after 40 matches - 17 :hehe: :hehe: Ready-to-be-eaten-up-by-opposition-bowlers He's a good Test Match prospect and should stay at that.
The most ovehyped Indian cricketer in the last few years. Can't score in tour matches, can't score against WI, can't score in recent domestics, played well in a couple of matches and have become a hero. ODI average (as an operner) - 30 :hehe: List A average - 37 T20I average - 31 T20 average after 40 matches - 17 :hehe: :hehe: Ready-to-be-eaten-up-by-opposition-bowlers He's a good Test Match prospect and should stay at that.
no way the most over hyped.. its ur fav :winky: hasnt done anything against big teams..rahane atleast had 2-3 good performances ! ur rohit god injured in england ,struggled in south africa and is struggling here too :facepalm:
The most ovehyped Indian cricketer in the last few years. Can't score in tour matches, can't score against WI, can't score in recent domestics, played well in a couple of matches and have become a hero. ODI average (as an operner) - 30 :hehe: List A average - 37 T20I average - 31 T20 average after 40 matches - 17 :hehe: :hehe: Ready-to-be-eaten-up-by-opposition-bowlers He's a good Test Match prospect and should stay at that.
But it is just the start of his career and he played some lose shots in England. But, he looks a part of international cricket. These are not alien conditions for him. He showed a lot of improvement in his recent international matches when he played against English attack. His opening partnership was a big factor, that we didn't lost any wickets at the top of the order and we whitewashed England. Moreover, we don't have any better opener in our domestic circuit than him, imo. Maybe you know someone
But it is just the start of his career and he played some lose shots in England. But, he looks a part of international cricket. These are not alien conditions for him. He showed a lot of improvement in his recent international matches when he played against English attack. His opening partnership was a big factor, that we didn't lost any wickets at the top of the order and we whitewashed England. Moreover, we don't have any better opener in our domestic circuit than him, imo. Maybe you know someone
Rahane is surely gifted, but we have to see where he fits in. The 5-day game in his forte, and he is not cut out to be an ODI player. Better find someone in the domestics (let the Ranji trophy one-day tournament start, or give someone like Tiwary a shot and see). Sehwag and Gambo will anyway play the next WC, and only after that we'll really need someone. Pappu Patel has been tried out, and he's not done well. Shikhar Dhawan (when in form) can also be tried out.
Saurav' date=' have you ever called on Dial C for Cricket. I remember a Saurav a couple of days ago on Dial C who have very similar views to you. I think its you :tounge_smile:[/quote'] me 2! i think he and that guy are one person :hmmm: and htis study thing isn ot working i think i will throw out my laptop now later
no way the most over hyped.. its ur fav :winky: hasnt done anything against big teams..rahane atleast had 2-3 good performances ! ur rohit god injured in england ,struggled in south africa and is struggling here too :facepalm:
England in India were minnows. WI did much better than them.
wht abt rahane in england ?
40, 54, 0, 38, 26 Average - 31.6 Can't call that good, just decent-ish. Still keep in mind that he has crossed 50 only twice in 11 opportunities, and has opened. Played in flat tracks in India and had a decent continuous run of 5 + 5 = 10 matches. Not that he was being used in a start-stop manner either. Should have done better than notching up an average of 30. Not saying he's a no-no, only saying that he's in no way a sure-shot prospect as of now. We should give him a shot when he's back in form and then see. No need to treat him as the next 'chosen one' as some faanbays are doing. I think Murali Vijay will do better than him at home.

We will get past the Lankans, right now Aussies have a hold over us, we need to drop PK, GIVE MORE GAMES TO UY, IRFAN, if we get better as more games are played, our spinners playing an important part, plus Sehwag has to fire,same with Tendulkar to get past Aussies and we have to play aggressive, right now Aussies are the obvious favourites.

40, 54, 0, 38, 26 Average - 31.6 Can't call that good, just decent-ish. Still keep in mind that he has crossed 50 only twice in 11 opportunities, and has opened. Played in flat tracks in India and had a decent continuous run of 5 + 5 = 10 matches. Not that he was being used in a start-stop manner either. Should have done better than notching up an average of 30. Not saying he's a no-no, only saying that he's in no way a sure-shot prospect as of now. We should give him a shot when he's back in form and then see. No need to treat him as the next 'chosen one' as some faanbays are doing. I think Murali Vijay will do better than him at home.
rohit's average if u take out west indies and minnows is 22...home/away both
We will get past the Lankans' date=' right now Aussies have a hold over us, we need to drop PK, GIVE MORE GAMES TO UY, IRFAN, if we get better as more games are played, our spinners playing an important part, plus Sehwag has to fire,same with Tendulkar to get past Aussies and we have to play aggressive, right now Aussies are the obvious favourites.[/quote'] if they really want to rest yadav.. then why dont play pathan in place of pk ? better batter then him.. and probably will bowl better then him if not worse..
rohit's average if u take out west indies and minnows is 22...home/away both
a) West Indies is not such a bad team and not certainly a minnow. In the last seven ODIs we have played with them, they have won thrice. In India too, two of the matches came pretty close - the first match which we won by 1 wicket and the last match where Pollard was blazing his way through. So, I don't see a reason why you would not take into account Rohit's success against them. Rahane got a first-ball duck against them. :giggle: b) I have never said that Rohit should be given a run infinitely. I, in fact, said that he should be dropped if he doesn't do anything substantial in the next two matches. He's not really cemented his place that way so that he can get away with 5 consecutive failures. Also, Rohit's average in low thirties is pretty sad; considering the fact that he's played more than 70 matches.
a) West Indies is not such a bad team and not certainly a minnow. In the last seven ODIs we have played with them, they have won thrice. In India too, two of the matches came pretty close - the first match which we won by 1 wicket and the last match where Pollard was blazing his way through. So, I don't see a reason why you would not take into account Rohit's success against them. Rahane got a first-ball duck against them. :giggle: b) I have never said that Rohit should be given a run infinitely. I, in fact, said that he should be dropped if he doesn't do anything substantial in the next two matches. He's not really cemented his place that way so that he can get away with 5 consecutive failures. Also, Rohit's average in low thirties is pretty sad; considering the fact that he's played more than 70 matches.
lol im not even thinking abt stats.. technique wise rahane is better suited then rohit in australian conditions and u defended rohit saying he benched so got out of form (in t 20) same thing could be said for rahane and that ball was hard to play!
lol im not even thinking abt stats.. technique wise rahane is better suited then rohit in australian conditions and u defended rohit saying he benched so got out of form (in t 20) same thing could be said for rahane and that ball was hard to play!
Where have I defended Rohit saying he got benched? Did I say something like that when he got a duck in that T20? But I have said the same about Rahane regarding his bad form that he's out of touch for not playing continuously. Rahane may have a decent backfoot game but his scores of 3, 15 and 0 in the three tour games against second-string bowlers are not indicative enough of the fact that he would do well in Australia. Add to that the zero against WI, the Zero in T20s against England, the 20-odd in the domestic he played recently and the poor run against England at home. The only success streak seems to be the 30 average in England and that's not saying much.
Where have I defended Rohit saying he got benched? Did I say something like that when he got a duck in that T20? But I have said the same about Rahane regarding his bad form that he's out of touch for not playing continuously. Rahane may have a decent backfoot game but his scores of 3, 15 and 0 in the three tour games against second-string bowlers are not indicative enough of the fact that he would do well in Australia. Add to that the zero against WI, the Zero in T20s against England, the 20-odd in the domestic he played recently and the poor run against England at home. The only success streak seems to be the 30 average in England and that's not saying much.
not talking about now.. he is clearly out of form..but in genrel what i saw of him in form..he is good enough player who can handle swing and seam but yes no way near in good form.. i think in test team he should come ahead of rohit..for now cos even u will agree he is good enough for tests..
not talking about now.. he is clearly out of form..but in genrel what i saw of him in form..he is good enough player who can handle swing and seam but yes no way near in good form.. i think in test team he should come ahead of rohit..for now cos even u will agree he is good enough for tests..
Both have similar averages in FC cricket (60+). Rohit is way more experienced in international cricket, so he'll naturally come ahead. Rohit has 15 international fifties and two centuries against Rahane's three international fifties. Huge difference in exposure.