Are we gonna win the CB series?

Magneto

Are we gonna win the CB series?  

1. 1.

• Obviously. We are the world champs, and we'll whitewash the Aussies in the finals like last time
    • Errrm. We might win a few games, and manage to get to the finals. Then we'll get smashed.
    • Haha. We'll lose most of our games and get knocked out in the group stages only.

Both have similar averages in FC cricket (60+). Rohit is way more experienced in international cricket' date=' so he'll naturally come ahead. Rohit has 15 international fifties and two centuries against Rahane's three international fifties. Huge difference in exposure.[/quote'] whts hte point in selecting players with odi performance? rohit has hardlly done anything worth mentioning other then west indies honestly i would pick rahane,pujara ahead of him cos 2 vacant spots would be of dravid and laxman they are better suited for it..rohit can come in at 6 when virat movies up :P i seriously think this guy is over rated i was his big fan too but struggle against tstobe and now.. really showed me reality :P
whts hte point in selecting players with odi performance? rohit has hardlly done anything worth mentioning other then west indies honestly i would pick rahane,pujara ahead of him cos 2 vacant spots would be of dravid and laxman they are better suited for it..rohit can come in at 6 when virat movies up :P i seriously think this guy is over rated i was his big fan too but struggle against tstobe and now.. really showed me reality :P
And what basis would you select Rahane? Both have 60+ averages in FC. Rahane struggled equally badly against every team he played.
And what basis would you select Rahane? Both have 60+ averages in FC. Rahane struggled equally badly against every team he played.
what struggled it was his first series and he did really well.. and basis u gotta watch them and then select its not about numbers.. its about technique and specially temprament which rohit lacks! (talking about tests) rahane the way he plays is suited more towards tests.. even his odi inning in mohali was really good and mature one.. i think we learnt this lesson more then once .. u cant select test players from odis performances.. kohli is the only one who was able to change his game.. rest all have failed in tests
what struggled it was his first series and he did really well.. and basis u gotta watch them and then select its not about numbers.. its about technique and specially temprament which rohit lacks! (talking about tests) rahane the way he plays is suited more towards tests.. even his odi inning in mohali was really good and mature one.. i think we learnt this lesson more then once .. u cant select test players from odis performances.. kohli is the only one who was able to change his game.. rest all have failed in tests
We'll discuss that once Rohit fails. His technique is anyway as good as Rahane's and is a better strokemaker. He also has a 60+ average in FC matches and an unbeaten triple century to boot. Much better FC average than Kohli. His selection will not be on the basis of ODIs but on the basis of his FC performances. And technique is nothing, unless you convert it to numbers. Rahane's well-played 10s and 20s are completely useless. Rohit's ODI experience will just help him in terms of experience and conditions. Anyway, I am done with this discussion. :P Don't want to use my precious time on useless Rahane.
We'll discuss that once Rohit fails. His technique is anyway as good as Rahane's and is a better strokemaker.
i hope they both succeed .. and rohit is better strok maker then even virat.. and thats his talent ! he is exceptional talent no question about it but if he keeps on getting out like this i dont htink he can succeed in test matches itsn ot the failure which is bad.. these things happen but the way he got out here..in tests we say kohli after failing look so dissapointed and trying to not commit same mistake again rohit needs to learn that from him cos if he can stick in for 10 overs we will see some greatness :winky: cos these pitches help strokes.. i would love to see him fire.. but his strange dismissals really make mad :mad:
I think we'll win just like last time. Sri Lanka will get knocked out and it will be OZ vs. India in the final again.
I hope India meet Sri Lanka in the finals. For that India will have to lose to Sri Lanka in a couple of games. Suppose, If there is a point in this series that our position in finals is safe then I will play the same tactics which New Zealand played in CB series some years ago. They lost deliberately to the third team so that they won't have to face Australia in the finals. So if India's position is safe in the finals then we should try to take Sri Lanka to the finals
Well, we typically declare :fail: after the fail. So, let's see. :winky: My prediction in based on the fact that we sucked against the assies and barely managed a win against the lankans.
Let's put our fake money where our mouth is: If India wins any of the rest of the matches, you donate me half of your fake money. And if India loses all the six, I donate you half of my money. Deal?
He didnt get proper continuous run as opener like vijay' date='rahane,parthiv patel got...still he is more successful as opener compared to these players..[/quote'] Uthappa was quite solid and helped us make a steady start in both the finals. Also, Uthappa was played overseas in ENg and Aus and then dropped even though he did decently well. Uthappa is one player who deserves a longer run as he showed he could cut it at intl level and also has the hunger to succeed.