Are we gonna win the CB series?

Magneto

Are we gonna win the CB series?  

1. 1.

• Obviously. We are the world champs, and we'll whitewash the Aussies in the finals like last time
    • Errrm. We might win a few games, and manage to get to the finals. Then we'll get smashed.
    • Haha. We'll lose most of our games and get knocked out in the group stages only.

In the books it's a win for Aus with us looking like "good losers". I would rather we win the game with SL moaning and crying about Thirimanne being run out backing up too far.
But that one Test took the taste of victory out of the Aussies. Every time you argue with an Aussie about that series and mention that Test, they simply remain shut and we use it as a stick to beat people with. A lot of things in cricket are simply beyond the statistical win or loss. For eg. Randiv may have denied Sehwag that century in that whatever match, but that incident will scar him forever.

Why is appealing for LBW fair? Why don't we give the batsman a fair warning not to get hit on the pads in front of the wicket before appealing? Same with catches. Poor guy probably thought there was no fielder there. Would have been good to have warned him to find the gaps or else... Given our bowling resources, it should be a piece of cake for us to get every player out 2 or 3 times over.

Why is appealing for LBW fair? Why don't we give the batsman a fair warning not to get hit on the pads in front of the wicket before appealing? Same with catches. Poor guy probably thought there was no fielder there. Would have been good to have warned him to find the gaps or else... Given our bowling resources, it should be a piece of cake for us to get every player out 2 or 3 times over.
:cantstop: :headshake:
But that one Test took the taste of victory out of the Aussies. Every time you argue with an Aussie about that series and mention that Test, they simply remain shut and we use it as a stick to beat people with. A lot of things in cricket are simply beyond the statistical win or loss. For eg. Randiv may have denied Sehwag that century in that whatever match, but that incident will scar him forever.
I don't know what stick you are talking about coz in the books it was a 2-1 series win for Aussies. In professional sports nothing is beyond win and loss as long as you play within the rules of the game, which we would have if we had appealed. We were not ball tampering (Pakis), we were not pitch tampering (Pakis again), we were not spot or match fixing (no surprises, Pakis again), we were not claiming bump balls as a clean catch (Aussis in 2007-08 against us or like Latif against B'desh), we wre not trying to run out a batsman who was celebrating a milestone mid-pitch (McCullum/NZ against SL), and we were not trying to run out a batsman whom we had obstructed in the field (remember SRT's run out by Pakis in 99 at Eden Gardens, or Collingwood). Looks like things haven't changed much and some of our players would rather be "good losers" than winners. I don't know why Indians have that mindset about pleasing everyone and looking good in people's eyes even to their own detriment. It's the same characteristic which shows up in our curators when we prepare pitches suiting visitors just so that people can say the groundsman was "neutral" and didn't bow to pressure. Nothing will change unless we get rid of this overwhelming urge to please all and sundry to our detriment. After all you can't make an omelette without breaking an egg.
I don't know what stick you are talking about coz in the books it was a 2-1 series win for Aussies. In professional sports nothing is beyond win and loss as long as you play within the rules of the game, which we would have if we had appealed. We were not ball tampering (Pakis), we were not pitch tampering (Pakis again), we were not spot or match fixing (no surprises, Pakis again), we were not claiming bump balls as a clean catch (Aussis in 2007-08 against us or like Latif against B'desh), we wre not trying to run out a batsman who was celebrating a milestone mid-pitch (McCullum/NZ against SL), and we were not trying to run out a batsman whom we had obstructed in the field (remember SRT's run out by Pakis in 99 at Eden Gardens, or Collingwood). Looks like things haven't changed much and some of our players would rather be "good losers" than winners. I don't know why Indians have that mindset about pleasing everyone and looking good in people's eyes even to their own detriment. It's the same characteristic which shows up in our curators when we prepare pitches suiting visitors just so that people can say the groundsman was "neutral" and didn't bow to pressure. Nothing will change unless we get rid of this overwhelming urge to please all and sundry to our detriment. After all you can't make an omelette without breaking an egg.
Our curators mostly make made-for-India pitches in India. I don't know from where you found pitches suiting visitors. Our pitches are the primary reason why India has such a good home record. You mentioning all those incidents simply proves that kind of impression those incidents has had on you. I am happy India doesn't do any of those nonsense and makes an effort to play the sport ethically (most of the time). The term 'professional sports' does not call for playing against the spirit of the game and do all kinds of chori and resort to cheap tactics. If you are good enough, play it like a champ and make your nation proud, and if you aren't pack your bags and come back, because winning a game through trickery betrays the purpose of the 'sport'.
Our curators mostly make made-for-India pitches in India. I don't know from where you found pitches suiting visitors. Our pitches are the primary reason why India has such a good home record. You mentioning all those incidents simply proves that kind of impression those incidents has had on you. I am happy India doesn't do any of those nonsense and makes an effort to play the sport ethically (most of the time). The term 'professional sports' does not call for playing against the spirit of the game and do all kinds of chori and resort to cheap tactics. If you are good enough, play it like a champ and make your nation proud, and if you aren't pack your bags and come back, because winning a game through trickery betrays the purpose of the 'sport'.
This.. and same goes with stumping too.
Our curators don't come up with turning tracks. Mostly they turn flat wkts with loads of runs even when they are requested to make a turner. That's the reason we get so many draws as visiting teams can bat out and draw the games but when we tour abroad we get seaming tracks. As for the instances the point I was trying to make is that running out a batsman backing too far is NOT similar to the instances mentioned, i.e. running someone out for backing too far is not ball tampering or claiming bump catches. The other point was that if most of the other teams can actually cheat why can't we at least enforce the rules? Is it too much to ask our cricketers to simply win within the rules as I'm not asking them to do the stuff I mentioned in the previous post. And I can't really fathom how running out a batsman is "trickery" :nono:
You are technically correct. Mankad-ed is just another mode of dismissal and can be legally implemented without any warning or such. But a lot of things in cricket are governed by tradition, and people who hold a different view than yours in this matter (like me) care for that tradition. I got livid when Randiv bowled that no-ball to Sehwag at 99, I was surprised by the toss fiasco at the world cup final, and for the very same reason I would not personally like or advocate such measures to win a game. Traditionally, Mankad-ed calls for a warning; and I would like that to happen. I would have liked India to 'Mankad' Tiramisu on the 2nd and the next umpteenth situations. But not on the first occasion. The ruthless Aussies have hardly ever Mankaded anyone if memory serves right, and I am sure in every match there surely arrives an opportunity to Mankad out someone, specially in the death overs; but most people don't do it.
Bro, just go through this link. He was warned once before. http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwealth-bank-series-2012/content/current/story/554756.html Spirit of Cricket is one thing that you should warn the batsman once and being foolish is another if batsman still committing the same mistake and you don't get him out. Its as simple as yet. IMO and ideally as well, there should not be any place for emotions in sports. You can either show emotions or play sports, only one thing can be done at one time. And also going by spirit of cricket, we should not be bowling bouncers at tail-enders at all. Why do we do that?

How Teams Can Qualify? The Numbers Game. INDIA India have it all to do in the last round of matches. If they win both their matches they'll surely be through, but anything less, and they'll struggle: in case they lose one of their matches, India will require a bonus point in the other, and hope that other results go their way. For instance, if they beat Australia with a bonus point on Sunday and lose to Sri Lanka, they'll need Sri Lanka to beat Australia in the last match on Friday. If, on the other hand, they lose to Australia and beat Sri Lanka with a bonus point, they'll want Australia to beat Sri Lanka. In that scenario, both India and Sri Lanka will have 15 points with three wins each, but India will have a 2-1 lead in their head-to-head against Sri Lanka, which, according to the rules of this tournament, will take precedence over the net run rate. http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwealth-bank-series-2012/content/current/story/555112.html

India will have to win the both games now, there is no other way. Otherwise, it will be end of road for India, asat. India is currently defending their Commonwealth Champions status and tomorrow's match is just do or die. Jaan lada do, b*nd faad do, maa Ch*d do. Jeetna hi jeetna hai har halat me. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :shout::shout::shout::shout: Chalo mere shero. Kar Chale Ham Fida, Jan-o-tan Saathiyon, Ab Tumhare Hawale, Watan Saathiyon, Kar Chale Ham Fida, Jan-o-tan Saathiyon, Ab Tumhare Hawale, Watan Saathiyon, Saans Tham Thi Gayi, Nabz Jam Tho Gayi, Phir Bhi Badathe Kadam Ko Na Rukh Ne Diya, Kat Gaye Sar Hamaare, Tho Kuch Gam Nahin, Sar Himalay Ka Hamne Na Jhuk Ne Diya, Marte Marte Raha Baanq Pan Saathiyon, Ab Tumhare Hawale, Watan Saathiyon.. Kar Chale Ham Fida, Jan-o-tan Saathiyon, Ab Tumhare Hawale, Watan Saathiyon.. Zinda Rehene Ke Mausam, Bahut Hai Magar, Jaan Dene Ki Rut Roz Aati Nahin, Husn Aur Ishq Dono Ko Ruswa Kare, Woh Jawaani Jo Khoon Mein Naahathi Nahin, Aaj Dharti Bani Hai Dulhan Saathiyon, Ab Tumhare Hawale, Watan Saathiyon.. Kar Chale Ham Fida, Jan-o-tan Saathiyon, Ab Tumhare Hawale, Watan Saathiyon.. Raah Qurbaaniyon Ki Na Veeran Ho, Tum Sajaathe Hi Rehna Naye Kaafile, Fathe Ka Jashn Is Jashn Ke Baad Hein, Zindagi Maut Se Mil Rahi Hai Gale, Bandlo Apne Sar Se Kafan Saathiyon, Ab Tumhare Hawale, Watan Saathiyon.. Kar Chale Ham Fida, Jan-o-tan Saathiyon, Ab Tumhare Hawale, Watan Saathiyon..