Saeed Ajmal (chucker) should be banned!!

Serani

the way he bamboozled sachin in the WC QF is plenty proof that ajmal is by far the most mesmerizing spinner in world cricket at the moment. Anyhow, the paki bowling line-up has always remained in the top 3 of World cricket ever since i can remember I thought swann was the best but after his lousy performances over the past 2 series, I'm beginning to doubt the guy... he turns his mouth farther than he turns the cricket ball.

How does ICC judge chucking action? The other day Maninder Singh (Dial C for Cricket) was mentioning that bowlers who chuck are asked to bowl in front of ICC experts and then their action is cleared. Maninder Singh says bowlers who chuck, have to just bowl with a straight arm in from of the ICC panel and once they are cleared by them, can get back to chucking. Regarding the 15 deg rule, how can umpires discern with the naked eye, the difference between 15 deg and say 25 deg. Now my doubt is this. Does ICC really ask the bowlers to bowl in front of their panel (as Maninder singh says) or do they judge on the basis of video footage from actual matches?

How does ICC judge chucking action? The other day Maninder Singh (Dial C for Cricket) was mentioning that bowlers who chuck are asked to bowl in front of ICC experts and then their action is cleared. Maninder Singh says bowlers who chuck, have to just bowl with a straight arm in from of the ICC panel and once they are cleared by them, can get back to chucking. Regarding the 15 deg rule, how can umpires discern with the naked eye, the difference between 15 deg and say 25 deg. Now my doubt is this. Does ICC really ask the bowlers to bowl in front of their panel (as Maninder singh says) or do they judge on the basis of video footage from actual matches?
I was watching that show as well, He said that these bowlers don't put all the efforts and don't bowl like they do in matches when bowling in front of the experts. I don't know how much of that is true but it really amazes me how can players like Ajmal can get a clearance from ICC.
I was watching that show as well' date=' He said that these bowlers don't put all the efforts and don't bowl like they do in matches when bowling in front of the experts. I don't know how much of that is true but it really amazes me how can players like Ajmal can get a clearance from ICC.[/quote'] That's not possible. Shoaib Malik had his doosra banned (yes he used to bowl one) when he underwent bowling tests in OZland. So obviously he had to bowl each of his deliveries to complete the procedure.
I believe when they do the tests, they compare the bowling in the testing centre with their bowling in matches to see they're throwing down the same thing (no pun intended)
Dr Bruce Elliot a professor of Bio-mechanics, Motor Learning and Development at the University of Western Australia cleared Ajmal in 2009, when the Australian cricket team were struggling to deconstruct his mystery at the same venue. Elliot revealed that ÅÅuring a comprehensive analysis it was apparent that the amount of elbow extension in Saeed AjmalÃÔ bowling action for all deliveries was within the 15-degree level of tolerance permitted in the ICC regulations. Dr Paul Hurrion, the ICC chief biomechanics analyst and consultant, recently explained how these tests were conducted to remove doubts on whether the "conniving" spinner had in fact sneaked his way through the trials. "We use synchronised footage of the player bowling in a match to check that they are not just going through the motions or altering their style. They have to replicate the speed of a delivery from a match, the deviation and the revolutions of the ball. When being tested, the bowler is topless and has reflective markers all over his bowling arm, so the three-dimensional, high-speed cameras can film him from every angle." http://www.dawn.com/2012/01/20/demystifying-the-saeed-ajmal-anomaly.html pretty conclusive don't you think?

"“When being tested, the bowler is topless and has reflective markers all over his bowling arm, so the 3D, high-speed cameras can film him from every angle. On TV, what you see is an optical illusion because the pictures are only 2D so the angle you see is often very different from the reality. - Dr Hurrion http://www.dawn.com/2012/01/19/saeeds-bowling-was-tested-in-3d-from-all-angles-icc-head-analyst.html LOL at bob willis trying to justify his views from a picture he grabbed from TV..know what u are talking about first you old fool.