Awesome

Zooter

WATCH 'ZEITGEIST: THE MOVIE' Go to Google Video or YouTube or just download a torrent. If it doesn't become one of the best films you've ever seen, ... ... you have no soul. :tounge_smile: Everything we've thought about private banking frauds, 9/11 being an inside job (and most wars), the mythology of religion that is blatantly FALSE (though the philosophy might be admirable), etc. etc all rolled up into one delicious taco of a movie.

Yeah, it's all on YouTube broken up into parts. I just downloaded a torrent cause I wanted a copy on my external drive. Me and my buddies usu. have 'political rountable' parties once or twice a week. So, I wanted to bring a copy there and become the most popular guy for this week. :D

Guest dada_rocks

i cud not go beyond the first baloney i bumped into claiming hindu scripture supports krishna born of virgin deviki

i cud not go beyond the first baloney i bumped into claiming hindu scripture supports krishna born of virgin deviki
` BTW DR, are you still holding on to the theory that vedic gods were revered elsewhere around the world before Christ. Remember the debate we had zillion years ago when you had made this claim.

What? You couldn't watch more than the first part??? jeez. Talk about close-minded. As far as that Krishna thing is concerned--it may have been copied by Hindus from Western mythology. Some Hindu mythologies were incorporated into Western (actually--Near Eastern) and a few into Hinduism from elswhere. Some stories of Hinduism are very new (like the Krishna thing) and some are older than time.

Watched it some time back, Zoots. Loved it. Very concisely and crisply made. One might argue some of the points but the basic structure makes a lot of sense behind the documentary.

It's more about birth with an involvement of a supernatural power rather than birth from a literal virgin.

Guest dada_rocks

Who copied what is not even the question here documentary makers honesty or dude diligence is on line here. I am sure they know what are the belief system of hindus and it doesn't involve anything to do with virgin mother. But it has been put there obviously maker is desperate to make a point hence wud not mind lying. Who knows how many lies he has perpetarated to put forward his point. KR if i remember correctly my stance was hinduism belief system is evolving one and yes I still belief they were nothign but the variant of presetn day hindusim. Sun worship can't be beyond hinduism, nature worship can;t be beyond hinduism. How many of us know there is a fifth veda called Vriskha Veda. And yes if u go for exact pattern matching keeping today's belief system as reference then half of indian hindus too won't qualify as hindu. Fact is krishna was born with deviki and vasudev''s union. Nothing to do with anythign virgin whatsoever. he may be right abotu other things or may be wrongly pluggin in holes to support his theory because I don't know much about judeo-christian mythology. Point is as a documentary maker if u want to be taken seriously at least don't twist fact to suit ur theory. Waise bhi mujhe nind aa rahi thi kalh rata i will give it a go again hope it is not one of those loose change crap..