Should Tendulkar retire himself at the end of this series? (Poll added)

Ponka

Should Tendulkar retire himself at the end of this series? (Poll added)  

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

Of course there is a double standard. He is no doubt in his prime an amazing amazing batsman. However someone recently had a thread about how he could never single handled win a game for India when it really really mattered. No one could still give a suitable response because this is true. Sure India has won some meaningless matches with Sachin eg his 200 score match etc. Even Yuvraj Singh or Zaheer Khan has won matches for us with their batting. But the epic matches...the ones that really meant something where was he when it was time to be clutch? Only thing we heard were his amazing match against the Aussie in Hyderabad, in the Chennai test, desert storm match, 96 world cup semis etc...but in the end we didnt win those matches and Sachin didnt stay on to finish them. You juxtapose that with a Ponting type and the difference is crystal clear. Ponting isnt the batsman Sachin is but when the chips were down when it really mattered he came through. Look how many people wrote him off then bang double century against India. Flawless technique from Sachin but not a killer instinct ala a Ponting. All he is doing now is hurting his legacy as his average is going to deteriorate and people are now ridiculing "99 on for X months now." The tragedy is he could have had a hero's finish and been carried out of Wakande on team India's shoulders a world cup champion and that could be our lasting memory of him. But now that match where he once again did so little when the chips were down seems so so far ago. Now we remember him as usual getting out on 94 against the West Indies when all he needed was so little more. I hope he hits his hundred in Australia and calls it a career after this series before any more damage is done.
Yes when on song, he is truly the most beautiful batsman to watch.....SIGH!
I voted for him to retire. And I am not an SRT hater' date=' nor a fanatic. I hope people realise there is a middle ground called "what's good for the team", and the world does not revolve around the man-child. I have always been a huge admirer of him, right from my childhood days when he used to be the only "batsman" in the team. But his and his fans' obsession with records over the team's cause has infuriated me to no end. I have friends who shamelessly declare that they don't care if India loses, so long as the midget gets a 100.[/quote'] +1 :hatsoff:
I think he needs to get this 100th hundred in a ODI and try to salvage some test pride if he can with the England tour and get the hell out!!!
if he doesnt score, he should be out *please dont give me this BS that he has done so much for 22years, i agree nd rspect what he has done, but now he`s done
Just like the midget, this thread is stuck on 99 votes. Somebody please read sympathy rites here please. 53-46 against SRT? Darn, if thats not the writing on the wall, wonder what is? :doh:
only 13 voted genuinely...remianing 40 is Anti jinx :giggle:
The only good thing about this thread is that you didnt start it. Else it would have been shut down before it reached 9 votes let alone 99 :whack::whack:
only 100 thread is the problem...you can open any other thread thats fine.. i am wonedring whether to open 100 100 thread for ODI :hmmm:
Here is something you may love. Kapil Dev lost a grand total of 31 test he played over his entire career. SRT lost a decent 8 (more than 1/4th of Kapil's career number) in last 4 months. :whistle: :whistle:
butt butt Kapil dev can boll and bat both ...
Kapil - one of the greatest to ever played for INDIA Sachin - one of the greatest ever to have played the game of cricket sea of difference..bheegabheegagadha :)
Thats it? Dude grow a funny bone next time you wanna pick a banter. You remind me George Constanza with his "Its not you, its me" routine. Here is another fun fact you may like. Max consecutive Test matches Kapil lost as a player at - 3 Max consecutive Test matches lost by SRT - 8 and counting. :facepalm::facepalm: Make sure you have a funny comeback this time :hehe:
^ and I thought cricket is a game comprising of eleven players on either side. How wrong I'm :((
I give up. you get the record for worst banter ever :hatsoff: didnt laugh one time..:facepalm::facepalm: Okay I will leave you with this. The only time Kapil and SRT played down under in a series. SRT 368 runs@46 Kapil 25 wickets@25.8 I know who I will have in my team. :clap::clap: