Dhoni the great !

The thing that was amazing to see was , in all the partnerships between Dhoni and Kumble , Zaheer or RPS or even Sreesanth ,the bowlers faced equal number of deliveries as Dhoni , if not more. Taking first ball singles when we were 8 wickets down lacks cricketing logic. Its not about trusting or not trusting you partner's batting abilities , it about skewing the probabilities in your favor by taking as much as the strike as possible. The key was survival then and it didnt make sense for Dhoni to have taken first ball singles every over. Its not as though he was looking for runs. The team management should question his tactics

Argggghhhh MAN! rain robbed India of a famous victory. I guess I will settle for a draw :haha: Great rear guard action from team India! Splitbottom ki _______ me tuta hua murgi ka anda! :hysterical:
WTF is wrong with Gai Cutting and pasting the same span all over the place. Gai u OK dude?
WTF is wrong with Gai Cutting and pasting the same span all over the place. Gai u OK dude?
That was my deep thought/announcement of the day :hysterical: I won't be posting for next 2 months due to hardcore work commitments ($$$) Phir your sorry @ss will miss me and they you will cry bring GKD the spammer back :haha::hysterical:

Dhoni played a decent knock. He was very lucky early on in his innings, when he barely played a shot with conviction. Later on, he batted pretty admirably. But Dhoni's weakness against the moving ball early on is glaring. couldn't middle the ball for most of his shot-making strokes till he got to 20-ish.

but somehow you give the impression of a person who hasnt/doesnt watch a lot of cricket !
Mate, i watched the whole thing last night- Dhoni was very very lucky to get away with those streaky thick outside edges and that few of his tentative pokes outside the offstump made contact with the ball.
Mate' date=' i watched the whole thing last night- Dhoni was very very lucky to get away with those streaky thick outside edges and that few of his tentative pokes outside the offstump made contact with the ball.[/quote'] Relax CC. I was just fooling around ! But you know cricket is supposed to be an emotional game ! You hardly show any emotion wrt cricket ! :D.
You hardly show any emotion wrt cricket !
True- its just a game to me. Used to get excited/emotional as a child but it surprises me now that grown people could get so emotional over two guys whacking a ball with a stick and 11 others chasing the damn ball around, with two old guys standing around deciding the outcome. I reserve my emotions these days for something not as insignificant as cricket .
That was my deep thought/announcement of the day :hysterical: I won't be posting for next 2 months due to hardcore work commitments ($$$) Phir your sorry @ss will miss me and they you will cry bring GKD the spammer back :haha::hysterical:
Gai don't let the door hit you on your way out :giggle::hysterical::hysterical:
True- its just a game to me. Used to get excited/emotional as a child but it surprises me now that grown people could get so emotional over two guys whacking a ball with a stick and 11 others chasing the damn ball around, with two old guys standing around deciding the outcome. I reserve my emotions these days for something not as insignificant as cricket .
In the big scheme of things, everything is insignificant :tounge_smile:
In the big scheme of things' date=' everything is insignificant :tounge_smile:[/quote'] True...When the 'big scheme of things' happens and everything, which is insignificant, is being slowly crossed out as insignificant, i am sure cricket will be crossed out of the list before healthcare is. Not that everything is significant- just that cricket or any other sport is one of the most insignificant persuits of mankind. :teeth_smile:
I've been one of his bigger critics on batting on pitches with stuff and he was really lucky to survive the first 40-50 deliveries but I've got to congratulate the man on the superb temperament he showed and brought India one of their better days in cricket.
Fack me did you see KP on sunday morning. He was awful. Got beaten about 1000 times. When he does that people say he battled through it. When Dhoni does it he is struggling and cope with these alien conditions. The one eyed commentary on crcicinfo and sky is ridiculous