The age old question...

The age old question...  

1. 1.

If anybody is trying to dispute the fact that technology will give u better results(better than bucknor and the rest), it is pure and simple idiocy. If someone agrees that tech will give u better results, i see no reason thats preventing us from using it.

And what I mean is how come you have Indians coming up with umpiring every now and then? And why is our voice not heard? Simple. Cos we lose and it comes across as whining. Of course you will have people suggesting we dont compain cos we beleive in SKC whatever that means. But to come to crux of your point, that every little decision, good or bad, will affect the game if not the end result. Thats a fair argument but I must say all this leads to the uncertainty in cricket. There is no other game that is called, "game of uncertainty" now is it? The game is good, the umpires are good lets just get along with it. If we get too caught in technology whats next? Having a closed stadium so that we cut off natural air and wind that alters the direction of ball? xx
back to yesterdays discussion, lurker. I had to go... and i hadnt replied to this, so here it is. I dont care who complains. As for indians complaining, or pakistanis complaining, or aussies. I dont care. as long as there is substance in their complain, it should be heard. Our voice isnt heard because the ICC is incompetent. I thought you knew that already. Yes, my argument was that every little decision makes a difference. You say that cricket is a game of uncertainity etc. No, lurks, cricket nowadays is a very different ballgame from the cricket the WG Grace and Ranjitsinghji played. Every single ball is analysed, and there are millions of dollars riding on each game. We cannot afford to have the outcome of the game change(by whatever amount), by the incompetency of a 65 year old man. Cricket is no longer a "game".It is a "sport". The sport is good, but the umpires are not good. IF they were, this thread wouldnt exist. As for having a closed stadium to cut off natural air and direction of the ball.. thats all hogwash.. and you know it. Thats never going to happen, because that changes the game dramatically. It changes the skill level of the game. Having technology available to umpires doesnt change the skill level of the game.