Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?

Guest BossBhai

Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?  

1. 1.

• Yes The Technique is exquisite.
    • No it is not.

Unless you are continuing your trolling spree. "Scoring w/o helmet" is another one of the most ridiculous argument ever. It is not about the fearlessness or lack of it. People who bring this point' date= just do not understand how (modern) top class professional sportsmen play their game. It is about habit, they are finicky about even few grams of difference in their equipment. If you are used to playing with helmet, it takes time to adjust to playing without one. Besides, playing with helmet is a disadvantage many times e.g. imagine playing with helmet and all other protective gears in a Chennai/Ahmedabad/Mumbai kind of weather.
I agree completely with this argument though my reason is entirely different and very plain. There were no helmets in 20's,30's and 40's for the simple reason, that Helmets were not needed. Period. Closest they come towards invention of helmet was in bodyline series, but gentle(middle-aged)men preffered to ban Larwood than finding ways to counter him.
@both lurker and vvs btw.. hats off at your childish attempt at trolling. The point I made about helmet vs w/o helmet was generic (modern vs 30s). That was pathetic try by cherry picking some random video of Sachin.. Perfectly showcases your low life mentality.
Trolling In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, How exactly our posts are inflammatory, extraneous, off topic. On the contrary you just try to be judgemental which is your last resort like whatever you say is the letter of law. Counter this.. cherry pick the video?.. dont you guys do the same?

helmet schmelmet... Go Baseball style. A Batsman should reserve the right to charge the bowler if he gets hit by a beamer. No restrictions. Use the Bat to beat the living **** out of the bowler. Bowler can use the stumps to defend himself. Further more, the bowler has the advantage of his team mates being on the ground. So the fight becomes 2 vs 11 (atleast until players from the batting side reach the middle from the pavillion). Lets go Gladiator Style. Gentleman Schmentalman... BTW retards on this boards don't realize that current players are essentially million (s) dollar institutions. An injury doesn't just affect them but also their sponsors. Try saying that wearing a helmet is sign of weakness to a NHL/NFL/MLB player. :facepalm:

Trolling In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, How exactly our posts are inflammatory, extraneous, off topic. On the contrary you just try to be judgemental which is your last resort like whatever you say is the letter of law. Counter this.. cherry pick the video?.. dont you guys do the same?
I can play this game w/o even you realizing it. Lets take the definition of trolling you have presented. I presented an argument why modern players are not inferior to older generation - just because of using protective gear. And coincidentally you and lurker come up with different videos of a same player getting hit on helmet. Which does not add anything to the argument. Had you presented any statistic showcasing how addition of helmets have given unfair advantage to modern players - it could have been considered on-topic. Hence it was pathetic trolling. >>> dont you guys do the same Unless its a grammatical typo - I am an individual, talk about me. Going by the recent evidence - you have been cherry picking numbers/videos . You are free to showcase when I did so.
bJgixYRmyYU[/] Ek beamer aur poora commentary team se lekar batsman demanding apology from the bowler. Jeez talk of an entitlement generation. Every batsman admits helmet has extended their career and helped them fight a mental block (against pace bowlers). Quit arguing against it Akshay :winky:
Guess what, odds of dying in an aircrash is higher than dying from getting hit by cricket ball. Now go figure by what margin careers of DGB generation were extended by "traveling less frequently by plane"
I can play this game w/o even you realizing it. Lets take the definition of trolling you have presented. I presented an argument why modern players are not inferior to older generation - just because of using protective gear. And coincidentally you and lurker come up with different videos of a same player getting hit on helmet. Which does not add anything to the argument. Had you presented any statistic showcasing how addition of helmets have given unfair advantage to modern players - it could have been considered on-topic. Hence it was pathetic trolling. >>> dont you guys do the same Unless its a grammatical typo - I am an individual, talk about me. Going by the recent evidence - you have been cherry picking numbers/videos . You are free to showcase when I did so.
That argument frankly had no substance. You were merely rambling on about how it is their habit.. blah blah.. You never gave the true reason why they wear helmet. If mine is trolling yours is frankly nonsensical. Isn't the whole premise of this thread and you are another who judges yesteryear players based on these video footage even though you won't admit it.
That argument frankly had no substance. You were merely rambling on about how it is their habit.. blah blah.. You never gave the true reason why they wear helmet. If mine is trolling yours is frankly nonsensical. Isn't the whole premise of this thread and you are another who judges yesteryear players based on these video footage even though you won't admit it.
You are ignorant joker of first grade, or just acting like one. Read my first post in this thread. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1860497&postcount=401
To be fair to Hobbs, it is unfair to ridicule Hobbs technique from that video evidence, when everyone is used to watching modern level of cricket, which has undoubtedly evolved beyond comparison. He was one of the best in his era, that must have been one of the best ways to play during that era.
Frankly, I am certain that you have never played any game at top levels, or with top players.. or read/heard from horse's mouth, how it is played at top level.
Frankly' date=' I am certain that you have never played any game at top levels, or with top players.. or read/heard from horse's mouth, how it is played at top level.[/quote'] This is the final resort ... "I know you have not played any cricket.. i know you have touched cricket bat.. blah blah" sadly i don't have a great test match career like akshaxyz. You have this "Mr.know it all" attitude when you actually don't even know why helmets are worn for.
This is the final resort ... "I know you have not played any cricket.. i know you have touched cricket bat.. blah blah" sadly i don't have a great test match career like akshaxyz. You have this "Mr.know it all" attitude when you actually don't even know why helmets are worn for.
Once again - you missed the point. I was talking about something generic. I know a thing or two about the similarities between games/sports played at top levels. Had you been even a kanche-baaz (marble player) at national level, you would have understood. Talking about why helmets are worn for. The argument was never about this. You fail to understand or just refuse to accept that there was no need of helmets with the kind of cricket it was played in DGB era. Helmet vs w/o helmet does not give any significant advantage in the matters of scoring runs. Protective gear/equipment have evolved gradually with the game. As I said before - taking e.g. of SMG's innings you posted.. go ahead and take a statement from SMG himself, I am sure he would accept that 'more likely than not' he would have under-performed had he been suddenly asked to play with helmet - giving him extra protection.
Once again - you missed the point. I was talking about something generic. Had you been even a kanche-baaz (marble player) at national level, you would have understood. Talking about why helmets are worn for. The argument was never about this. You fail to understand or just refuse to accept that there was no need of helmets with the kind of cricket it was played in DGB era. Helmet vs w/o helmet does not give any significant advantage in the matters of scoring runs. Protective gear/equipment have evolved gradually with the game. As I said before - taking e.g. of SMG's innings you posted.. go ahead and take a statement from SMG himself, I am sure he would accept that 'more likely than not' he would have under-performed had he been asked to play with helmet suddenly.
All the things you have said have no basis... all your own theories that you want to believe. But i disagree with you completely. Btw.. you are a national player don't question credentials of others.
All the things you have said have no basis... all your own theories that you want to believe. But i disagree with you completely. Btw.. you are a national player don't question credentials of others.
In context of helmets vs w/o, SMG must have been mentally challenged to not to use helmets, given that they give unfair advantage.
In context of helmets vs w/o' date=' SMG must have been mentally challenged to not to use helmets, given that they give unfair advantage.[/quote'] 1 batsman may not be a good representative sample. We need to check how many batsmen opted not to use them when available. My guess - very few.
Besides - I am sure helmets were in use when SMG was playing. He had a choice to play with helmets' date=' he must have been a moron to not to choose. Go figure why he did not - even when, as you jokers claim, helmets give 'unfair' advantage.[/quote'] Are you suggesting he did not wear helmets to gain some kind of advantage?
Are you suggesting he did not wear helmets to gain some kind of advantage?
It is other way - you were claiming that wearing helmets gives unfair advantage in the matters of scoring runs - that too across the eras, when the shape of cricket has changed beyond comparison in more than one parameters. So, tell me again, was SMG thick in the head to not to use some 'obvious' advantage?