A disgraceful moment in Indian cricketing history

Either Tendulkar played for an Indian win or for his hyped milestone today. Take your pick. He played 80+ dot balls out of 147 and was busy blocking after he reached 80. Not acceptable against Bangos in an ODI match. Even if Tendulkar had got out for 80 trying to accelerate and India had lost, there would be no blame on him.
+1 was the first time I have seen him get this nervous on the crease.
There are no other words to describe his performance today - selfish to the core. He slowed down as he went along. For him it was all about the 100 today and not the highest score that the team could score.
So you are basing his whole 20 plus year carrer based on your perception of 1 hour of play!!! Pathetic!!! Sounds more like you have a hate agenda
Non indians coming on to this forum must be laughing/shocked how pathetic we are hating our greatest ever player. Even I am shocked. Looks like all this bradman/sachin discussion has created such peronal agenda stances, to warp all clarity. After this I athink internet should be banned. Creates jihadis and weirdo cricket fans
Every Indian fan was shocked to see our greatest batsman playing for himself and not caring about the team at all.
So you are basing his whole 20 plus year carrer based on your perception of 1 hour of play!!! Pathetic!!! Sounds more like you have a hate agenda
Tendulkar played for himself and not the team and that's a huge black mark. Even Mongia and Prabhakar did their "slow go" just once against WI but they were always remembered for the same. Same with SRT - in this innings he only played for himself and his 100.
Are at least you concede he is our greates ever batsman. Thats a goo point to start a debate from. Finally some sense from the mob
Actually 2nd best after Gavaskar but in odis he is the greatest ever for India, which nobody ever contested. And that's why it is a such a shock as frankly I never expected such an innings from him.

here is my message to SRT. " after 23 years of playing for India.. when you are close to reaching a milestone that no other cricketer is even close to getting.. after failing to get it over a year.. do NOT slow down.. do NOT try to get more careful so that you can glide over the milestone... what? are you asking me if you can at least do this against Bangladesh if you get a bit squeamish?.. HELL NO!.. because if you do.. and if india loses the match.. you will be responsible for contributing to a ' disgraceful moment in India's cricketing history'... and there is good possibility that your innings will be branded selfish, arrogant.. whatever.... So Mr. Tendulkar.. the next time it takes you 100 balls to score 78 runs.. then please anticipate that in the first 5 overs and get out, by hitwicket or something else... what? are you asking me if you can take 140 balls to score 100 even if the team still manages to put 290 on the board?... HECK NO!.. what are you thinking Mr. SRT!!... what we, the fans will always worry about is the extra runs that we LOST beyond 290 runs that you helped put... because of YOU wasting 22% of the balls you faced. Listen Sachin.. just because you are arguably the greatest cricketer to have ever graced India.. nay the world.. just because you are a wondeful humanitarian.. just because you are humble, soft spoken and conduct yourself in professional ways.. just because after 23 years of contributing to cricket and taking India to new heights of pride and glory, it does NOT mean you can take 100 balls to score 78 runs. It is simply unacceptable and you will SQUARELY be responsible for the greatest shameful moment in our cricketing history. So it does not matter if you've managed to keep yourself so darn fit at the age of 37 and still playing for the country....it does not matter if our bowlers gave over 11 runs per over in the last 5 overs.. or over 8 runs per over in the last 13 overs.. YOU need to anticipate all that... never EVER waste 22% of the balls you face..because if you do, you will be thrown down from your pedastal like an outcast "

I feared this would happen if we lose against BD after Sachin scored century .Right now ICF have turned into a battle field between Sachin followers and Haterz .Haterz are enjoying every moment of it ,but the end result is we lost the match . Credit should be given to Bangladesh for restricting us for a total like 289 and chasing it down.

There are no other words to describe his performance today - selfish to the core. He slowed down as he went along. For him it was all about the 100 today and not the highest score that the team could score.
That is where you need to learn - there is a world of difference between "Selfish to the core" and "selfish for few deliveries". As I said before - off all the innings he played post his 99th 100, this was the most inconsequential match - where he could afford to go slow for a while - without severely affecting team's winning chances. 290 was not un-defend-able against BD - check out how Pakistan bowled. Heck, even we were in winning position until 46th over. Also, not so long ago (last match) - two of the in-form batsmen went slow for their 10th 100s - that too against much better team - SL!!! Would you call them selfish to the core, when they are only in mid/early stage of their careers? I guess you only use this term "call spade a spade" - did you do that in last match? What changed today?
:omg: How wrong I was in thinking you're a genuine Indian cricket fan!
I am a genuine Indian cricket fan else I wouldn't be so outraged by a player putting himself over the team's interest. I care about the team and don't give a shyte about personal milestones and landmarks. If I were an ant-Team India I would be jumping for joy seeing the performance today or if I were a fanboy I would have been dancing in the streets with joy commemorating today's epic innings from the master.

First of all, it is laughable to suggest that Sachin slowed down so much that it ended up costing us the game. Its not like we were 100 for 1 after 20 overs and he batted so slowly that we ended up with 222/4. That is unaccetable. In this scenario, we ended up frigging scoring nearly 300 runs. If we had asked the Indian team before they began to bat if they would be comfortable defending 290, we would have gotten a 100% yes vote. Leaving that aside, why not take a moment to consider what is going through Sachin's mind also? For the past one year, the words 'Sachin' and 'hundreth hundred' have always been in the same sentence. That is all that get talked about, wherever he goes, whether its a press conference, or a pre/post game interview or a television talk show or even a casual party. Because of this, the pressure caused by this on Sachin would have been so immensse that I am sure it certainly began to impact his batting, both in England and Australia, where he was sub-par. Any normal person would have simply buckled under the pressure. Maybe he was buckling too, maybe he simply wanted to get this moneky off his back and get done with so that he can move, focus on his batting and reclaim the kind of form that was on show prior to the world cup. And lets not forget the impact all the talk of this 100th 100 would have had on the team as well. Its impossible to be not distracted, even annoyed at this constant talk a statistical milestone. Maybe the patience was wearing thin on the Indian players as well who were probably only too keen to have this saga end. All this could have weighed on Sachin's mind when he entered the 80s, maybe he that is why he slowed down more than normal, so that ONCE AND FOR ALL HE CAN HAVE PEOPLE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS DAMN THING! I am a shameless Sachin bakt, but even I would not hesitate to say that he has certain short-comings. But sacrificing team's interests for personal milestones is something he NEVER does, EVER! It is absurd, even blaspehemous to suggest so. People need to have some sense of perspective here - We are talking about a guy who has dedicated the last 23 years of his life to the game, his team and country. The reason why he still plays the game with the level of desire and enthusiasm that he has today goes far beyond a desperation for frivolous statistical milestones. Anyone who does not understand this are either ignorant, or living in denial. You guys dont even deserve an explanation.

bhai sahab, we are not discussing an 'ideal'scenario .... every team has its strengths and weaknesses, the strengths are suppose to cover up for the weaknesses if this is so difficult to understand, you can draw from real life situations like say you live 60 kms away from the airport. At night it takes you 30 mins to get there, during rush hour, it could take you 90 mins. Nornally it takes 60 mins. So if you are traveling during the rush hour, you need to plan for 90 mins. If you don't and miss your flight, you can't say that 'oh ideally it takes 60 mins so ...." Also let's say you are late, you expect your most experiences driver to get you to the airport in time. what if he drives the slowest? Are you going to say 'oh this new driver drove slow too' but there was a reason why you banked on the experienced driver in the first place
the flaw in your analogy is ..when we were batting.. we are "not already late to the airport". We were actually doing pretty good time "getting to the airport" by having 290 on the board.. but then our driver in the second half (our bowlers).. decide to take a long break to eat paan, chat with friends over the cell phone.. and then crash the car into a tree.
That is where you need to learn - there is a world of difference between "Selfish to the core" and "selfish for few deliveries". As I said before - off all the innings he played post his 99th 100' date= this was the most inconsequential match - where he could afford to go slow for a while - without severely affecting team's winning chances. 290 was not un-defend-able against BD - check out how Pakistan bowled. Heck, even we were in winning position until 46th over. Also, not so long ago (last match) - two of the in-form batsmen went slow for their 10th 100s - that too against much better team - SL!!! Would you call them selfish to the core, when they are only in mid/early stage of their careers? I guess you only use this term "call spade a spade" - did you do that in last match? What changed today?
But that's the point! Why should there ever be a point when team's interests take backseat to an individual's? You are representing your nation and personal pride means a lot. Do you think it's ok for us to lose a game against B'desh and become the laughing stock of world cricket just so that one individual can reach his personal landmarks? I am not denying our bowling was not to blame - in fact in a thread I started I put equal blame on bowlers and Dinda whose 18 run over changed the curse of the match. But surely Tendulkar has to be called out as he was the difference between a 289 and 320 score today.
First of all, it is laughable to suggest that Sachin slowed down so much that it ended up costing us the game. Its not like we were 100 for 1 after 20 overs and he batted so slowly that we ended up with 222/4. That is unaccetable. In this scenario, we ended up frigging scoring nearly 300 runs. If we had asked the Indian team before they began to bat if they would be comfortable defending 290, we would have gotten a 100% yes vote. Leaving that aside, why not take a moment to consider what is going through Sachin's mind also? For the past one year, the words 'Sachin' and 'hundreth hundred' have always been in the same sentence. That is all that get talked about, wherever he goes, whether its a press conference, or a pre/post game interview or a television talk show or even a casual party. Because of this, the pressure caused by this on Sachin would have been so immensse that I am sure it certainly began to impact his batting, both in England and Australia, where he was sub-par. Any normal person would have simply buckled under the pressure. Maybe he was buckling too, maybe he simply wanted to get this moneky off his back and get done with so that he can move, focus on his batting and reclaim the kind of form that was on show prior to the world cup. And lets not forget the impact all the talk of this 100th 100 would have had on the team as well. Its impossible to be not distracted, even annoyed at this constant talk a statistical milestone. Maybe the patience was wearing thin on the Indian players as well who were probably only too keen to have this saga end. All this could have weighed on Sachin's mind when he entered the 80s, maybe he that is why he slowed down more than normal, so that ONCE AND FOR ALL HE CAN HAVE PEOPLE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS DAMN THING! I am a shameless Sachin bakt, but even I would not hesitate to say that he has certain short-comings. But sacrificing team's interests for personal milestones is something he NEVER does, EVER! It is absurd, even blaspehemous to suggest so. People need to have some sense of perspective here - We are talking about a guy who has dedicated the last 23 years of his life to the game, his team and country. The reason why he still plays the game with the level of desire and enthusiasm that he has today goes far beyond a desperation for frivolous statistical milestones. Anyone who does not understand this are either ignorant, or living in denial. You guys dont even deserve an explanation.
What a post. Post of the year. Voice of sanity!