Dravid...in the league of his own

Alzheimers then
Yeah seems so :haha::haha: South Africa we did lose(when we should have won :cry_smile: ). Pakistan too we should have won. Still can't beleive we lost that game after Pathan took a hat-trick in the first over! One of the blackest Test in Indian history for sure, if not the blackest. Imagine had we won both the series. Damn!

I like him, he seems level headed. Something at least one of our keralite fast bowlers needs to learn from the captain. His asset is obviously that everyone respects his batting skills, and that they know that his place in the side is well deserved. I just wish he would put in a FUCCKING thirdman earlier in the innings :confused_smile:

Ponting.. no brain cell?? why wud u say dat dsr.. he has the agressive go getting attitude which keeps the team fired up.. n on top of that he has performed the best as caiptain.. Remember the one day hammering aussies got in nz without him
But he is poor tactically too and failed in the only test he has had so far in his captaincy career!
But he is poor tactically too and failed in the only test he has had so far in his captaincy career!
HUH?? when was that.. And i am not just counting the tests I am including the ODIs.. If we could get his record.. I definately would not mind a no brainer caiptain
HUH?? when was that.. And i am not just counting the tests I am including the ODIs.. If we could get his record.. I definately would not mind a no brainer caiptain
ODIs are just tamasha cricket. Test cricket is the real test for skill. I hope you know that. And if you don't know, SA defeated Australia in ODI series last year. But I don't count that.

sorry man i dont agree with you.. winning the world cup is not tamasha.. and i dont think who holds a bad test record by any strecth of the imagination.. And by passion I dont mean stupidity like sreesanth.. theres a thin balance to be maintained.. I hope you know dat

I just wish he would put in a FUCCKING thirdman earlier in the innings :confused_smile:
You need to understand the strategy behind the whole third man situation. There are times when it's a good move but that's usually when you are defending or trying to stem the flow of runs. Early on, it's a trade off. You are offering the batsmen the temptation of going over or through the cordon for a boundary with the risk of mistiming it and getting caught. With a third man stationed on the boundary, the risk isn't worth taking - for a single. Players such as Sehwag or Martyn etc. are offered this gambit. If they get away with it or win the duel, the tactic will change. It's one of the strategical finer points quite often not understood by fans.