My Favourite Guitarists

Donny

Slash is/was great!!!!! David Gilmour too though I think Knofler beats them both. Never been a fan of Jimmy Hendrix although Clapton does manage to churn some good numbers from time to time. Also whoever played the guitar in Hotel California deserves a big round of applause.

The Living End- Aussie punk band right? Ive only ever heard 'Uncle Harry'... As for guitarists -two words- Van Halen Kirk Hammet of Metallica, Tom Morello of RATM are obv ones My personal faves are the guitarist for Tool (Adam Jones??) he's excellent, theres Jack White of the white stripes, Matt Bellamy of Muse is a great guitarist, The guitarist for the Deftones also Trivium!

Mine - ) 1. David Gilmour - Pink Floyd 2. Mark Knofler - Dire Straits 3. Ritchie Blackmore - Deep Purple 4. Slash - GNR And yes and I don't give a sh.it about Jimi Hendrix or Jimmy Page or Eric Clapton
that self absorbed meglomaniac does not deserve respect for what he did with Deep Purple, Rainbow and the million other bands he formed and later broke.

Chet Atkins. Even as far back as the mid 50s, Chet was known as 'Mr Guitar'. Humoresque. 8O2sMZGjCjY Chester Burton "Chet" Atkins CGP (June 20, 1924 – June 30, 2001) was an influential guitarist and record producer. His picking style, inspired by Merle Travis, Django Reinhardt, George Barnes and Les Paul, brought him admirers both within and outside the country scene. Atkins produced records for Eddy Arnold, Don Gibson, Jim Reeves, Jerry Reed, Connie Smith, and Waylon Jennings. 180px-Chet_atkins.jpg He created, along with Owen Bradley, the smoother country music style known as the Nashville sound, which expanded country music's appeal to include adult pop music fans as well. Atkins received numerous awards, including eleven Grammy Awards (including a Lifetime Achievement Award in 1993), and nine Country Music Association Instrumentalist of the Year awards. While he did more performing in the 1990s his health grew frail as the cancer returned and worsened. He died on June 30, 2001 at his home in Nashville. Atkins was quoted many times throughout his career, and of his own legacy he once said: “Years from now, after I'm gone, someone will listen to what I've done and know I was here. They may not know or care who I was, but they'll hear my guitars speaking for me." More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chet_Atkins