Did we miss out?

kabira

ANS 1. YES they are very poor when compared to Sachin' date= Dravid, Sehwag, VVS..
Hang on, i thought you were only comparing them to "mere mortals" like Sidhu, Azhar, VVS and Sehwag - not with gods like Tendulkar and Dravid ? Yeh to aapne khud bola tha thori der pehle; and kabira..i am comparing him with mere mortals like Sehwag, sidhu, azza, and VVS..and not with Gods ( sachin and Dravid).. ...and i've already shown yuo that Ganguly averages more away from home than Azhar, VVS, and other great Indian batsmen like Vengsarkar and GRV. So HOW is Ganguly a "filler item" (Whatever the hell that is) and in the same category as players like Prasad and Mongia ? BTW, if you compare ANY batsman with Tendulkar and Dravid's mammoth 55+ averages, they will look very poor. FLAWED reasoning hain na ?
Hang on, i thought you were only comparing them to "mere mortals" like Sidhu, Azhar, VVS and Sehwag - not with gods like Tendulkar and Dravid ? Yeh to aapne khud bola tha thori der pehle; and kabira..i am comparing him with mere mortals like Sehwag, sidhu, azza, and VVS..and not with Gods ( sachin and Dravid).. ...and i've already shown yuo that Ganguly averages more away from home than Azhar, VVS, and other great Indian batsmen like Vengsarkar and GRV. So HOW is Ganguly a "filler item" (Whatever the hell that is) and in the same category as players like Prasad and Mongia ? BTW, if you compare ANY batsman with Tendulkar and Dravid's mammoth 55+ averages, they will look very poor. FLAWED reasoning hain na ?
Pred: baal ki khaal mat nikalo.. since the race among the mortals start with 3...as first two are occupied and out of reach of mortals..that does not mean that tally will be prepared with 3 down... and prasad and mongia...i wrote just for fun...:D but in an all time AWAY XI...azhar, vengy GRV..do not feature... and all those who feature...Ganguly comes not even in TOP 5 among them...he is 6th...

I feel they did what they could. Atleast now we have started winning outside India on a regular basis. NZ is the only country we havent won a test in for some time now. Time to take the next step and start winning series outside India. The bigger question is do we have people to replace the current middle order. Raina and Yuvraj are good enough to replace ganguly and laxman. We have to find replacement for Sachin and Dravid which is a big ask. Instead of throwing around meaning less stats why not throw in names of possible middle order replacements.

sachin is a once in a life time player....but who knows there is some one in some galli of india..practicing his cover drive and back foot punch... we all thought there won;t be a bigger player than Gavaskar...there won't be a match winner like Kapil..then we had sachin and kumble... among the current lot... i have high hopes from chawla, Munaf, Pathan, Raina, Sehwag, Dhoni, Karthik, Yuvi. if only we could find a "dravid"..a Mr. dependable.... we have many sachin clones...whoa re stroke makers....but to find a replacement for Dravid will be a daunting task... Lets wait till Dravid's son grows up..:regular_smile:

we all thought there won;t be a bigger player than Gavaskar...there won't be a match winner like Kapil..then we had sachin and kumble...
Exactly . when the whole world starts assuming all great Indian batsman are gone; thats when we throw in a genius. Hoping to see the next Sachin soon. Who knows maybe rohit sharma. havent seen him bat though.